• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Anthony wrote
    "America Saves The World" for ID4. biggrin

I love the bit where an RAF pilot says 'it's the Americans sir, they have a plan'...god help us vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    And to think I used to like that film!

I feel... so dirty....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I love the bit where an RAF pilot says 'it's the Americans sir, they have a plan'...god help us vomit

If I'm not wrong, that sequence is scored with 'International Code', a great cue!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    "America Saves The World" for ID4. biggrin

I love the next line, too. It's something like, "Well it's about bloody time!"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    Yeah, as if no other nation on Earth was capable rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, is any other nation on earth capable? Ask americans and make a statistic out of their answers wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, is any other nation on earth capable? Ask americans and make a statistic out of their answers wink

Don't be silly, Americans don't believe in other nations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is "other nations"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is "other nations"

If you're American and you're from, lets say Texas, then other nations are California, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Las Vegas, Los Angeles........
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If you're from Texas, the rest of the world is not refered to as "other nations". Rather as "the enemy".
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Theiii tooookkkkk ar jaaabssssss!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Texans are second only to you for thier love of oil, D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Texans are second only to you for thier love of oil, D.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They love oil? The "there will be blood" kind of black gold oil, or the rub Timmer's back you big mucho redneck red-bearded man - kind of oil?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    rub Timmer's back you big mAcho redneck red-bearded man - kind of oil?

lol

Quote of the day! Not to Tim though
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011
    ....somebody is being chased by someone or something, finds an elevator where he seeks refuge, then the monster/pursuer gets a hand inbetween the doors, but somehow the elevator has superstrong closing mechanisms (whereas in reality, they are automatically opened when someone puts their hand in there).

...X is about to go on a dangerous mission, and Y calls X's name, then X turns and Y either says "Be careful!" or "I love you!", before X turns back and walks off, dramatically.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When the lobby poster, previews, or advertising says based on true events. If one researches or cares to it is usually way off as far as the truth is concerned.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    When the lobby poster, previews, or advertising says based on true events. If one researches or cares to it is usually way off as far as the truth is concerned.
    Tom smile

But doesn't "based on" mean that you can take certain liberties? It's not a documentary, after all?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

But doesn't "based on" mean that you can take certain liberties? It's not a documentary, after all?

It is misleading and a tad unnecessary, by the same criteria PSYCHO could have had the same advertising considering author Robert Bloch based the book on real life fruitcake Ed Gein.