• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2011
    Yeah, I think he would produce the right kind of 'soundscape' type score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    To be honest I wouldn't be that disappointed if he went with Hans.

Ah, can't they both write the score? I really want to hear a Prometheus-style score from both of them! :P
    But I guess I would be a little disappointed if Hans got the score and it meant that Korzeniowski didn't get any new projects for another 2 years, which for some reason is how long it took him to get a project after A Single Man. And then the new one's Madonna-directed film at that. Hans has high profile projects coming out his ears. :P
  1. Abel got like five projects after "A Single Man" man, but he was replaced on one.

They could both write it, 'cause I don't trust Ridley; he'll preplace Abel, then get Zimmer. Zimmer will come in and Balfe will co-score it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    He did?? I guess I didn't do enough research. :P Neat! What are the other projects?

And that's a kind of morbid, entirely realistic prediction. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    I just have to say, today's track: definitely worth the effort. "Flying with Whales" = top notch Korzeniowski.
  2. Feliz wrote
    He did?? I guess I didn't do enough research. :P Neat! What are the other projects?

And that's a kind of morbid, entirely realistic prediction. smile

He was the second composer on "Rabbit Hole"before being replaced. He was also being considered for the second Twilight film a bit back. I'm still researching RH, but it's looking like he did score.

He scored "W.E.", which I think hasn't opened yet. Another film in 2009 I haven't heard of, after ASM.

I thought there were a couple others, but I can't find them.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011
    Any news on w.e yet? he said in twitter (or fb, anyway) that it's his best work to date.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011
    You can hear a clip of it here. The movie was just screened for the 1st time, so it might be a little bit before we hear more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5RPL2_L6H4
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011
    Well if this is music from the movie indeed, it sounds brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011 edited
    Sounds good, and I'm sure it is indeed from Korzeniowski as it sounds very much like a continuation of Clock Tick from A Single Man. It seems very clear Madonna hired him on basis of that film. Not very difficult to picture her as a fan of the film either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011 edited
    You can listen to Abel Korzeniowski' W.E. score here: http://twcguilds.com/film/we#score

One of my favorite score of the year, stunning music!

If you liked A Single Man there is a good chance you will like this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    Wow. That was beautiful. My socks. They have been blown off.

After one listen The Fight, Letters and Park might be my favorites, but I just listened to the first track again and I have to add it to the list. Good stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    Beautiful, isn't it?

The first time Abel Korzeniowski blew my mind was with A Single Man which is now one of my favorite scores of all time and now he does it again with W.E.
    His music has a special feeling that is missing from Hollywood today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011 edited
    Madonna most definitely didn't deserve a film score like this! Too bad her shitty film is going to overshadow yet another spectacular score by Korzeniowski.

-Erik-

PS - Abel definitely loves him some Clint Mansell and The Fountain!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Madonna most definitely didn't deserve a film score like this! Too bad her shitty film is going to overshadow yet another spectacular score by Korzeniowski.

-Erik-

PS - Abel definitely loves him some Clint Mansell and The Fountain!

Just wondering if you've seen the film Erik?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No... but my colleagues at the IFMCA have informed me that the film is trash and apparently the score as used in the film isn't so hot either!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    No... but my colleagues at the IFMCA have informed me that the film is trash and apparently the score as used in the film isn't so hot either!

-Erik-

My imagination and bias declares that to be true but really, you can't truly say it's shit unless you've seen it for yourself.

I suspect, like me, you won't bother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Cristian wrote
    You can listen to Abel Korzeniowski' W.E. score here: http://twcguilds.com/film/we#score

One of my favorite score of the year, stunning music!

If you liked A Single Man there is a good chance you will like this one.

Thank you!! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Personally, I think both film and score sound promising, but can't say before I've seen it, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey people,

Listening again to W.E, when Duchess of Windsor was playing I was thinking of TV ads! I could just see it with the music. Don't you agree?

I'm thinking cars or insurance companies. Or green energy. Or cameras or other visual stuff.

Fight is a great track too, as many others. I'm really happy with this score. smile
  3. WE also seems to have a bit of temp track love towards IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    In one track smile

Otherwise i hear Iglesias, Glass, Desplat and above all Abel in all that; it's one of the most beautiful and exceptional scores this year, his musicianship is always admirable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    It's wonderful. I'm listening again right now. love

Oh and Abel announced on facebook:
    Breaking News: A joint interview with Madonna and Abel Korzeniowski in Daily Variety, Dec 16 Issue!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Bregje wrote
    It's wonderful. I'm listening again right now. love

Me too. cool

Charm/Cartier Montage and Letters are the best cues of the year for me.

Someone please release this beautiful score!
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    In one track smile

Otherwise i hear Iglesias, Glass, Desplat and above all Abel in all that; it's one of the most beautiful and exceptional scores this year, his musicianship is always admirable.

He's certainly copying all the people I like. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Bregje wroteI was thinking of TV ads! I could just see it with the music. Don't you agree? I'm thinking cars or insurance companies. Or green energy.

You seen this? Abel's music to a commercial about cars. And green energy. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Haha! NO, I did not see that biggrin
    Nice article on his website about the ad, thanks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know much about this composer but I've really enjoyed what I've been hearing.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin

There's a bit of Ludovico Einaudi and Yann Tierssen too, I think. smile