• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012
    It is wonderful!

I love how this man has his very own sound but is never repetitive. Brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's gorgeous indeed...but where's the singing? It's a songs' album, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    The singing is in all the other tracks. This is the only instrumental one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Bregje wrote
    It is wonderful!

yeah

I hope he will continue with this style (with viola, violin and cello). It's stunning how emotional his music is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    i don't normally buy albums with songs, but when I do...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Bregje wrote

He's definitely still riding the SINGLE MAN wave with the types of projects he's getting. I love this sounds but can't wait to see him start jumping back around to other genres. The BATTLE FOR TERRA clips on his website are so fantastic - I want to hear that side of him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2012
    Or more like Copernicus' Star?
    Thanks for reminding me, I should listen to more music on his website, like the Battle for Terra clips. I never took the time to do that! Thanks!
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    i don't normally buy albums with songs, but when I do...

smile how is the rest of the album? The songs? Any lengthy samples out ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I haven't actually bought it yet, just planning on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012
    Demetris wrote

It's good! Korzeniowski arranged the instrumentals very nicely for each song. How much you enjoy the whole album probably depends on how familiar you are with/appreciate Paif. If you don't know her stuff and if you don't know French... might not be the album for you. (Korzeniowski's instrumental is my favorite track by far, but I'm one of the people who is pretty Paif-ignorant.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012
    Feliz wrote
    Demetris wrote

It's good! Korzeniowski arranged the instrumentals very nicely for each song. How much you enjoy the whole album probably depends on how familiar you are with/appreciate Paif. If you don't know her stuff and if you don't know French... might not be the album for you. (Korzeniowski's instrumental is my favorite track by far, but I'm one of the people who is pretty Paif-ignorant.)

What's the overall tone? Melancholic, happy? Sentimental, romantic? Also how much orchestra presence is in the songs? Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
    Very extensive video from the recording of Kaas chante Piaf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjaaPY9zrJ8
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2013
    from his facebook page:

The Hollywood Reporter: "The music [to Escape From Tomorrow] is almost uniformly magnificent"
    http://bit.ly/Vmw1TH+
  2. Abel Korzeniowski's score to ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW is available on itunes for download! I don't think there's been any word on a CD release yet.
  3. christopher wrote
    Abel Korzeniowski's score to ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW is available on itunes for download! I don't think there's been any word on a CD release yet.

I am downloading it now!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. christopher wrote
    Abel Korzeniowski's score to ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW is available on itunes for download! I don't think there's been any word on a CD release yet.

For a CD release there will need to be more music included: the download runs to just over 20 minutes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Here's some information for Escape From Tomorrow:

"A deeply impressionistic yet sweepingly romantic musical snapshot of the pulse and passion of the Magic Kingdom, this collection of unapologetically old-fashioned cues from Polish composer Abel Korzeniowski – best known for his Golden Globe nominated original scores for A Single Man (2009) and W.E. (2011) – harks back to the style of such Golden Era Hollywood composers as Hugo Friedhofer and Fred Steiner, as well as later keepers of the flame like Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams. Wringing buckets of melodramatic inflection from his energetic orchestrations in tracks like “Gates of Tomorrow” and “Magic Kingdom,” Korzeniowski plunges the audiences into a swirling vortex of irony, setting them up for the psychological disconnect to ensue – brilliantly captured in the unexpectedly dissonant and minimalistic electronic tracks “Lost in Caves” and “Mystery Man”."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013
    Have you been able to listen to it Alan?
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Have you been able to listen to it Alan?

I think that this is an excellent little score; there is some great and emotional writing here. The need for a couple of electronic cues in the score means that the listening experience is a bit disjointed and I didn't much like the song.

But the rest is thoroughly good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013 edited
    I've heard it and it's fantastic! Wholly symphonic and lush, brilliant old-school fantasy writing for the orchestra. Don't expect anything like W.E. though, it's a wholly different league here and there's almost no piano. It's not as romantic or melodic as W.E. but it's certainly fully thematic and elegant. Sounds like something from the Golden Age.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013
    I'm worried when you say it's not romantic and melodic...Elegant sounds good but I hope it's not dissonant.
  7. D said that it wasn't AS romantic and melodic. I think that it has a good 15 minutes of great writing (from a score of 22 minutes). The rest is a 2 minute song and 5 minutes of electronic soundscape/dissonance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    D said that it wasn't AS romantic and melodic. I think that it has a good 15 minutes of great writing (from a score of 22 minutes). The rest is a 2 minute song and 5 minutes of electronic soundscape/dissonance.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I can't wait to hear it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2013 edited
    The song sounds like an annoying parody of a kid's musical, intentionally, I'm sure. But it's still annoying on the album.

"Mystery Man" and "Lost in Caves" didn't really work for me on album: atmospheric/thriller cues. I'm sure they work great in the film. I'd love to see it sometime.

"Gates of Tomorrow" is a lovely old school opening cue. "Fantasy Girl" and "Magic Kingdom Pt. 1/2" are equally lovely, but they kind of flow right over you if you're not paying attention. Not that that's a bad thing. "Fireworks" is interesting as it is a twist on the style Korzeniowski's used for the rest of the score; more repetitive, layered, and a good building action score. And "The Grand Finale" is brilliant; powerful, emotional. It also sounds to me like a brand new side to Korzeniowski's sound. Not the formula to W.E./A Single Man but also not the sound of Battle for Terra, which was more contemporary. I like it. There's a lot to Korzeniowski. I hope he gets more projects that let him explore more styles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2013
    There's a lot to him for sure, the man can write many styles, very ably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013
    Demetris wrote
    very ably.

rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013
    Interview with Abel Korzeniowski on Escape From Tomorrow

http://bit.ly/VS3g1A
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Scribe wrote
    Demetris wrote
    very ably.

rolleyes wink

1 month later, I just got the joke. dizzy
  8. My review of ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/04/04/escap … zeniowski/

Jon
  9. Sad but: No physical release, no purchase. Such my aquisitions dwindle down.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.