• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Korzeniowski's always had minimalist tendencies. I can't wait for it!
  2. He happily admits to them smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Abel's hosting a little competition on his Facebook page; whoever posts the best review of his Romeo and Juliet score gets an award or prize of some kind (it's pretty vague). I thought I'd give it a shot, maybe some of you guys want to as well. Deadline is the 20th.
  4. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I thought I'd give it a shot, maybe some of you guys want to as well. Deadline is the 20th.

I'll be reviewing it anyway... but as far as the "competition" goes, the score isn't out here (UK) yet. I think it's coming out (as download) on the 18th, so it's gonna be tiiiight. *sounds of screeching tyres*

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  5. It's on YouTube and Spotify if you want to get a head start. smile
  6. My review of ROMEO & JULIET, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/10/14/romeo … zeniowski/

Jon
  7. Good review, Jon, to a very nice score.
  8. Synchrotones got his grabby little hands on Juliet... and Romeo. Uhm.... as for Korzeniowski's score:

http://wp.me/p3hOx4-8a

Thanks,
    <s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Abel's hosting a little competition on his Facebook page; whoever posts the best review of his Romeo and Juliet score gets an award or prize of some kind (it's pretty vague). I thought I'd give it a shot, maybe some of you guys want to as well. Deadline is the 20th.

SST has proposed to Abel to include a free VIP membership for the winner.
    Try harder now.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2013
    Abel Korzeniowski read my report and posted his 1 minute piece for the 40 composers concert
    https://soundcloud.com/abel/waves-by-abel-korzeniowski

punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    Can't wait! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LR1 … W2KA22FXAY anyone heard it yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Can't wait! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LR1 … W2KA22FXAY anyone heard it yet?

No, not yet. I want to though. Unfortunately it's not on Spotify.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014 edited
    Am I the only person who hasn't fallen in love with this guy? So far I've heard literally nothing by him that I was particularly keen on (parts of Escape from Tomorrow came closest, but even then it's only a good pastiche). I watched a few episodes of Penny Dreadful and thought the music was completely anonymous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I quite enjoyed his Romeo and Juliet score when it came out, but generally I agree.

But then I felt this way when I first heard Rombi, I was a fucking idiot. I am still am, but I'm now an idiot who likes Rombi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    Ah, his writing is gorgeous. W.E., A single man, romeo and Juliet, all gold. Can't wait for this one, please let us know when you do listen to it. I find his lush, old-fashioned lyrical and symphonic writing pretty, pretty good.
  9. Southall wrote
    Am I the only person who hasn't fallen in love with this guy? So far I've heard literally nothing by him that I was particularly keen on (parts of Escape from Tomorrow came closest, but even then it's only a good pastiche). I watched a few episodes of Penny Dreadful and thought the music was completely anonymous.

A SINGLE MAN is a pretty powerful fusion of score and story. The rest, while pretty, have felt a bit overwrought to me.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I worked with Abel in Cordoba and he was a pure delight to meet and be with. A wonderful sense of humor, and very passionate about film music and someone who really knows want he wants to achieve.

We performed music from W.E., A Single Man, Romeo and Juliet and premiered music from Penny Dreadful. Gorgeous music all of it.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moviescore wrote
    I worked with Abel in Cordoba and he was a pure delight to meet and be with. A wonderful sense of humor, and very passionate about film music and someone who really knows want he wants to achieve.

We performed music from W.E., A Single Man, Romeo and Juliet and premiered music from Penny Dreadful. Gorgeous music all of it.

mc

Mikael how is the music from Penny Dreadful?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014 edited
    The clue is in the title. (And it's not penny.)

Okay, that's a little unfair. But nothing has stood out as yet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014
    But you already said you're not a fan of Korzeniowski's? smile
  10. My review of PENNY DREADFUL, for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/08/02/penny … zeniowski/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    Good review, but

"Unlike some other recent TV scores, Penny Dreadful is not really leitmotivic in the sense that each character has an obvious theme; instead, Korzeniowski uses recurring textures and performance ideas to bring concepts together."

Oh no. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It can be summed up in four words: "Thor would like it."
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Korzeniowski can do no wrong!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Good review, but "Unlike some other recent TV scores, Penny Dreadful is not really leitmotivic in the sense that each character has an obvious theme; instead, Korzeniowski uses recurring textures and performance ideas to bring concepts together." Oh no. sad

Really? That's what you took away from the review? Not every score needs that level of thematic leitmotifs... the textural leitmotifs work really, really well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Good review, but "Unlike some other recent TV scores, Penny Dreadful is not really leitmotivic in the sense that each character has an obvious theme; instead, Korzeniowski uses recurring textures and performance ideas to bring concepts together." Oh no. sad

Really? That's what you took away from the review?

Yep, as that is exactly the kind of thing I *am* looking for in an album.
    It's not that odd for people to peg on to their interests, is it?

Not every score needs that level thematic leitmotifs...

Of course not.
    But 'need' has nothing to do with 'want'. smile

It sounds like a fitting score, and one I wouldn't enjoy on CD.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  11. Martijn wrote
    Yep, as that is exactly the kind of thing I *am* looking for in an album. It's not that odd for people to peg on to their interests, is it?

No, but in a review full of effusive praise for a really great score, it just surprised me that you would pick out what is little more than a technical description of the score's structure and highlight it as a negative, when in fact (for me) it's NOT a negative in any way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it is for me. smile

But I do understand your surprise, especially when the statement itself has no intrinsic (critical) value to you.
    However to me it's no different to a brass enthusiast losing interest when a review should state factually that in a great and wonderful bit of music there's no trumpet in sight.

Me, I don't like textures.
    I do like leitmotifs.

C'est tout. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014
    Thor wrote

True.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

True.

He's definitely not gone wrong for me yet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt