• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014
    He's gone, for me, in his latest Penny Dreadful score. First time i hear such prominent electronics in his work and no, there's no place for it; it's themeless, which is a new for Korzeniowski, and filled with anonymous thriller music writing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. What are you smoking? There are several themes, the electronics aren't that prominent, and the "anonymous thriller music" is some of the most accomplished written for the genre in some time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014 edited
    Well not everyone must agree with that , right? smile Whilst not many i suspect, still there will be people who won't find this at the level of his previous scores. The moments that shine in this, are the ones which heavily lift from his previous scores. And how is that thriller music writing above average in any way? I don't hear it.
  2. Whilst I haven't actually seen the show, I do enjoy the music for Penny Dreadful. Here's my review.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014
    I found it ******* wink
  3. I absolutely agree to everything written in Synchrotones' review.

Now do yourself a favour and watch it.
  4. Demetris wrote
    I found it ******* wink

Wow, Demetris. THAT good? shocked
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's the highest rating I've ever seen Demetris award a score. He must LOVE it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ASTOUNDING!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris must think it's better than sex. Almost as good as Krull!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    REALLY ASTOUNDING!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Almost like Krull!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nothing is almost like Krull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    People that were indifferent to Krull no doubt hate Krull now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014 edited
    That's a good thing. People who are indifferent to Krull include Gary Barlow, David Cameron, Debbie McGee, the entire cast of TOWIE, Noel Edmunds, Bill Cosby as Ghost Dad and Shakin Stevens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Krull, motherfucker.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Nothing is almost like Krull.

Star Trek II is almost like Krull. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    So is Krull!
  6. As I said earlier: In my mind "Battle Beyond the Stars", "Star Trek II+III" and "Krull" merge into one early-80s-Horner-meta-score that has been distiributed evenly on four films.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2014 edited
    I had a chance to talk to Abel Korzeniowski about scoring PENNY DREADFUL the other week. You can read it here, if you're interested:

http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/interview-a … zeniowski/

It was my first interview ever, actually. So be gentle. wink

Karol
  7. Very interesting interview, with a great versality in the questions.

The score was one of the many reasons I was so mesmerized by this series, and I´m really looking forward to hearing more music composed by Abel, and getting news about Season 2. I hope the BluRay will have a feature on the music, but given that he was requested for the series, and all three, director, writer, and lead actress wanted him, I think it´s possible.

Also, interesting to read that he´d love to do a sci-fi movie down the road. That could be really something.

Thanks for the interview. I´m looking forward to more stuff for you. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2014
    Thanks! smile

Karol
  8. Nice interview, well done!
  9. A new album with old music by Abel - http://wp.me/p3hOx4-Wz
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016
    Loved Abel so far, up to (and not including, Penny Dreadful). Let's see what the future brings.
  10. My review of NOCTURNAL ANIMALS, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2016/11/08/noct … zeniowski/

Jon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016
    Great review Jon. I love this score, it could quite possibly be my favourite this year.
  11. Synchrotones review of Nocturnal Animals by AK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2018
    I have a 17-track release of W.E., which I think is a promo (with unnamed tracks). Does anyone have a track listing for this? The regular version only has 12 tracks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2018
    Thor wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Thor wrote
    NP: W.E. (Abel Korzeniowski)

Wonderful score. This is a 17-track promo release, and I've been unable to find track titles online. Could anyone help? I've only found the regular 12-track release and the 27-track promo. Nothing like this....(but at 46 minutes, it seems to be the same length as the 27-track one).

Got the same promo. The tracklisting is as follows. Abel probably lost inspiration at 12 and 15?

1. Charm / Cartier Montage
    2. Duchess of Windsor
    3. Abdication
    4. I Will Follow You
    5. Diner
    6. Auction 2
    7. Drive to Belvedere
    8. Evgeni Date
    9. Six Hours
    10. Evgeni Runs
    11. Brooklyn Faces
    12. Track 12