• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    Bach did.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No, idiot! The Beatles.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I think Demetris is right about Shyamalan scores. I am very sure I can hear Signs in John Powell's Paycheck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can't hear any Shyamalan or JNH in other scores, I'm afraid, but I would be interested to hear some examples. JNH's thriller sound is really quite Goldsmith-esque, especially in the latter's streamlined 90's sound (BASIC INSTINCT, as I mentioned earlier). Heck, I even have trouble identifying WHAT JNH's Shyamalan sound IS, much less see its influence in other composers' work.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Listen to the main theme from SIGNS. And the GRAVEL ROAD from THE VILLAGE. Pay attention to the theme development and usage as well as the woodwind arrpeggios. That's mainly the Shyamalan sound.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Listen to the main theme from SIGNS. And the GRAVEL ROAD from THE VILLAGE. Pay attention to the theme development and usage as well as the woodwind arrpeggios. That's mainly the Shyamalan sound.

OK, thanks for the heads-up.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm with Thor on this though I can spot his cribbing of Vaughan Williams in Unbreakable* and The Village wink

*in an interview in ( I think Soundtrack magazine ) JNH specifically mentions Vaughan Williams as an influence on his score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt