• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

ELEANOR’S SECRET
    Kérity, la maison des contes
    Music Composed by
    CHRISTOPHE HÉRAL

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/eleanorssecret.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … ES-CONTES/

"Orchestral score, complete with choir, is suitably uplifting." - Variety

Opening on French theatres on December 16, this animated feature film (entitled Kerity, la maison des contes in French) tells the magical story about a b oy who inherits a large book collection and who experiences the adventure of his life when the fairy-tales on the pages come to life. The film's wonderful score, written for full orchestra as well as solo guitar, piano and cimbalom, is written by Christophe Héral (who is probably best known for his music for the video game Beyond Good and Evil).

Listening to his beautiful, melody-driven score for Eleanor's Secret is a rich experience full of magic, mystery, adventure, excitement and a lot of fun. Among many other standout qualities, this is a score that features a particularly strong and memorable main theme! MovieScore Media releases the score on CD while digital distribution of the score is handled by the production company (Gaumont-Alphanim).

Track titles:
    1 On the Road to Kerity 4.41
    2 On the Beach 1.45
    3 The Truck 2.08
    4 Nightmares & Illusions 2.31
    5 Eleanor's Letter 2.48
    6 Introduction to Mr. Pickall 1.53
    7 Nathaniel: Knight of Kerity 1.36
    8 The Storm 0.45
    9 The Secret Library 4.05
    10 The Gift of the Little Match-Seller 0.48
    11 Let's Go! 1.49
    12 An Unexpected Rescue 3.34
    13 Pickall and the Customer 0.56
    14 The Baby 0.37
    15 A Crab in the Castle 2.13
    16 Eleanor's Piano 1.09
    17 Angelica's Kite 1.25
    18 Hanged On to the Kite 3.07
    19 Stairs 0.33
    20 Fujara 2.19
    21 Angelica 0.55
    22 The Father 2.54
    23 Eleanor's Jewels 4.33
    24 Pickall 2.51

MMS09030 ELEANOR’S SECRET (Kérity, la maison des contes) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by Christophe Héral
    Release date (CD only): December 29, 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Has anyone actually listened to this score besides me? I think it's completely fabulous, a very richly textured journey of a score that's one part Elfman and one part Coulais...my favorite surprise of the year thus far.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    Anybody? Nobody?? I feel like the only person in the world that even noticed this release... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, not yet but your description is certainly very intriguing. Care to give out a bit more about the music?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    There's an Elfman-esque choir that makes occasional wordless appearances. There's a lot of random odd instruments that remind one of what Coulais did for Coraline , while maintaining a unique and separate, consistent sonic palette. The main theme is beautiful in a whimsical sort of way. Also like Coraline, there's a light-hearted march-like subtheme in a similar spirit to the music for "Mr. B". The overall emotional feel of the score is very child-like and innocent without being particularly mickey-mouseing-ish. Above all, it's one of those rare scores where the sum total of the various choices in melody, orchestration, instruments and sonic palette come together to create something completely unique. In other words, it doesn't sound exactly like anything else. The opposite of generic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet. Uplifting or melancholic?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Uplifting for the most part, with a certain tint of wistfulness in places.
  1. Scribe wrote
    Anybody? Nobody?? I feel like the only person in the world that even noticed this release... sad

biggrin

I noticed it. But I wasn't taken by the clips.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    This is not the kind of score that can be well represented in clips. There's a lot of subtlety on various levels and - other than the instantly charming main theme - it takes several complete listens to get acclimated.

But of course, YMMV. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    Apparently I was better at selling telephone service (which used to by my job for 2 years) than I am at selling scores. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    http://www.movie-wave.net/capsules/?p=379

Found it. Thank you!!