• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009 edited
    So, the new year is upon us in just two days and with it come a plethora of new films and scores to look forward to. My currently most anticipated ones are -

The Last Airbender (James Newton Howard)
    How to Train Your Dragon (John Powell)
    Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (composer yet to be announced)
    Alice In Wonderland (Danny Elfman)
    Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (David Arnold)
    The Tree of Life (Alexandre Desplat)
    Green Zone (John Powell)
    Inception (Hans Zimmer)
    Rapunzel (Alan Menken)
    Prince Of Persia (Harry Gregson-Williams)
    Toy Story 3 (Randy Newman)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    That would be my list too, except I would also add Harry Potter 7 Part 1 to the list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    So, the new year is upon us in just two days and with it come a plethora of new films and scores to look forward to. My currently most anticipated ones are -

The Last Airbender (James Newton Howard)
    Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (David Arnold)
    Toy Story 3 (Randy Newman)

I am looking forward the above movies and also would like to add Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1. But does anyone know who is going to compose the final one?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah yes, forgot Deathly Hallows. I'm pretty sure they'll get one composer to score both the parts (the films are being shot back-to-back).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I guess that should be JOHN WILLIAMS.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also add to the list Salt - JNH
  1. Not looking forward to anything in particular (therefore, not too disappointed!). Will take most of the upcoming releases as they come.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I almost can't believe I'm writing this (there was a time when I'd have been too ashamed) - but of the original list, the one that strikes me the most is the Arnold score. Maybe a chance for him to return to the great sound of his Emmerich scores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why would you have been ashamed to look forward to an Arnold score? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Not looking forward to anything in particular (therefore, not too disappointed!). Will take most of the upcoming releases as they come.

Me too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

There was a time when it just wasn't the done thing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I almost can't believe I'm writing this (there was a time when I'd have been too ashamed) - but of the original list, the one that strikes me the most is the Arnold score. Maybe a chance for him to return to the great sound of his Emmerich scores?

Weirdly for me too. Of all of those it's the Arnold score that interests me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

I was probably far too young and enthusiastic to have noticed that time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

I was probably far too young and enthusiastic to have noticed that time.

Indeed. Older heads would impatiently snap at anyone who liked David Arnold. If they knew then what Hans Zimmer would do to film music in the subsequent decade-and-a-half, they might not have been so quick!
  2. "Alice and Wonderland" jsut recorded, recently, incase yo uare curious.

Copying & pasting the MovieScoreMagazin list, with only leaving ones I am interested in:

Chris P. Bacon: Alpha and Omega • Love Ranch (co-composer).
    Christophe Beck: Waiting for Superman • Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.
    Bill Conti: The Perfect Game.
    Danny Elfman: Alice in Wonderland.
    Stephen Endelman: The Wronged Man (tv).
    George Fenton: The Bounty Hunter.
    Ruy Folguera: A Beautiful Life.
    Joel Goldsmith: War of the Dead (co-composer).
    Andrea Guerra: Extraordinary Measures. (only because I have been told it's "Really good!")
    James Newton Howard: Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (officially replaced Thomas Newman, not changed on the MSM site yet) • The Last Airbender.
    Richard Marvin: A Fork in the Road.
    Mark McKenzie: Jake’s Run.
    David Newman: Crazy on the Outside • The Spy Next Door.
    Thomas Newman: The Debt.
    Dana Niu: Hurt.
    Conrad Pope: In My Sleep • The Presence.
    William Ross: The Mighty Macs.
    Alan Silvestri: The A-Team.
    Patrick Williams: Baby O.

Missing from the MSM site, but are being done (or in some cases already recorded):

James Newton Howard: Wings Over the Rockies (documentary)
    Ennio Morricone: Memories of Anne Frank (CD just announced a few days ago, too)
    Michael Nyman: 'The Organisation of Dreams
    Marc Shaiman: Flipped
    Mark Snow: Fencewalker
    Laurence Tolhurst & David Robbins: 9,000 Needles
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. I'll take Tree of Life.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. I suppose if I had to pick a score that I hope is released is Leonard Rosenman's score to The Car (1977).

I can't remember exactly the music for this movie, but I enjoyed it when it came out and I know that it features Dies Irae variations:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Raffyrider# … kNIfrHftLE

A great film!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    It is!

I'd also appreciate a release of his score to Prophecy.
  5. Timmer wrote
    It is!

I managed to get a (relatively poor quality) version of this score just the other day and I'm going to try and digest this in a day or two.

Watching the clip on YouTube I posted and leaving it playing until ~3:25 there's a raw piece that makes me want this even more. I hope someone isn't going to spoil things and say that it's lost!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    I'll be interested to hear your view? Personally I just can't listen to poor quality.
  6. Timmer wrote
    I'll be interested to hear your view? Personally I just can't listen to poor quality.

NP: Prophecy - Leonard Rosenman

I'll let you know!

Getting back to The Car. This is a release (if possible) where a reference to the demon car's horn would not be too worrisome (if not too intrusive!) An example of a movie sound effect that is distinctive enough to remain in the mind.
  7. Timmer wrote

The version I have is in mono and the balance of the music isn't central but skewed towards one speaker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote

I think that it would be an awesome year if both Rosenman's scores - The Car and Prophecy - were to be released!

Listening to Prophecy now I'd certainly snap it up in a second. It's full of clear Rosenman trademarks (I'm not versed enough in music theory-speak to explain what they are) but they are bedded in amongst a more "mainstream" sound that makes this score more accessible to a wider audience.

Ranging from dissonant passages to more melodic (in a more traditional idiom) I'm really liking it - but the mono sound could be greatly improved for any possible release.

Anyone know the likelihood of a release for Prophecy (Paramount) or The Car (Universal)?
  8. Timmer wrote

Seems your request has been granted.

FSM's announced Leonard Rosenman's Prophecy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    shocked Please don't sell out too quickly, I have no money until the end of the month slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Ahhhhhh fook it! I placed an order!

and indebted to Mel kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Tell Mel I told her to tell you to thank Mel!

No I didn't get that either...