• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    For me, it would have been David Shire's 2010, but since I don't have that then it can't be.

What score have you chosen to see in the new decade?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    For me it has been James Horner´s Glory. It was actually my last score played in 2009 and has been the first I´ve played in 2010.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's a weird coincidence. Glory was my last one of 2009 too. Still deliberating over what to listen to now...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll start with music again when the pounding in my head stops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, the first thing I listened to today (and still am) is Indiana Jones and The Crystal of the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Kingdom.

Didn't occur to me it was the first listen of 2010 until now.
  1. First thing for me... around 1am New Year's Day... was 'Ballet for Brawlers' from the red canvas (james paterson). It was in my car cd player from earlier the previous day, and it kept me awake as I drove home! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Stefan Nilsson - En Sång för Martin

I hadn't listened to this short score in a while, so I decided to play it 4 times in a row.
  2. my last 2 listens of 2009 were Farewell to the King and Guns of San Sebastian, 2 most excellent scores

still need to listen to the first of 2010 ...
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Good score, Joep. Stefan Nilsson can do no wrong. Shame the score isn't longer.

My first listen of this decade is a mix of tracks in an ipod playlist. Currently a suite from Delerue's "A little sex" is playing.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    For me, it would have been David Shire's 2010, but since I don't have that then it can't be.

What score have you chosen to see in the new decade?

I really like this score, to me it's worth it just for the New Worlds theme alone cool Shame I only have it on LP.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    I'll start with music again when the pounding in my head stops.

He, he....same here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited
    Ok... here is what I did.

If I organize my iTunes collection by Track Name the 2010th track is...
    "Approaching Fatu Hiva" from The Kon-Tiki Man by Ragner Bjerkreim. I own this? confused Anyway, this track is really good.

If I organize my iTunes collection by Artist the 2010th track is...
    "Body Heat" from John Barry: The Collection by John Bary. Very nice!

If I organize my iTunes collection by Album the 2010th track is...
    "Wholesome America" from America: Vol 2 by Christopher Lennertz.

If I organize my iTunes collection by Year (Recent to Oldest) the 2010th track is...
    "Church Montage" from Spider-Man 3 by Chirstopher Young

If I organize my iTunes collection by Year (Oldest to Most Recent) the 2010th track is...
    "Misterioso Dramatico" from The Most Dangerous Game by Max Steiner

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    punk COOL idea, Erik! cool
    I'm gonna do that too.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    punk COOL idea, Erik! cool
    I'm gonna do that too.

Great idea, Erik!

I'm gonna do this also...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    So, in the end, it was Open Range. Like revisiting an old friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    That's a weird coincidence. Glory was my last one of 2009 too.

punk kiss
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote
    That's a weird coincidence. Glory was my last one of 2009 too.

punk kiss

Do you want a private room?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Ok... here is what I did.

-Erik-

Very cool!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    The Fountain (Clint Mansell) was still on in my car when I drove off to the family at noon, so I guess that was the first listen of 2010.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I listened to my first soundtrack of the year a few minutes ago, Abel Korzeniowski's A SINGLE MAN, which has become totally addictive. I'm now playing a few tracks from the Varese 30th sampler (spurred by the "compilation" thread) before I go to bed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Now I think of it.. the next decade doesn't start for another year! rolleyes
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  5. lol

Indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Rian wrote
    Now I think of it.. the next decade doesn't start for another year! rolleyes

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My first soundtrack listen of the year was the Zimmer score to Sherlock Holmes as I went and saw the movie today. I did enjoy the movie but the title could have easily been something else as it really didn't fit the template of what Doyle or previous films depicted. I'm sure of a sequel if the success at the box office merits it.

My first soundtrack listen at home is A TOWN CALLED ALICE by Bruce Smeaton

Currently I'm listening to SYMPHONIA DOMESTICA from Richard Strauss

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  6. What did you think of Zimmer's score as heard in film, Tom?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010 edited
    Bruce Smeaton is a great and very underrated* Australian composer, two of my 'holy grail' scores are Circle of Iron ( aka The Silent Flute ) a philosophical Kung-Fu flick that would have been a film starring Bruce Lee except for his untimely death and The Devil's Playground, a coming of age sexual awakening film set in a boys school full of repression ( I don't remember it very well except it featured naked women and had a great score ), the likelyhood of either of these seeing the light of day is very slim.

*rather than underrated maybe I should say barely heard as there's hardly any Smeaton on disc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    At first Pawel I found it to be a distraction until I realized this film was such a departure from the others the music really did fit in quite well. The scales that Holmes played on the violin as an experiment with the flies was better performed in the Rathbone version. I think the film was "Spider Woman" but I'm not positive. The use of Dies Israe was a bit overdone but all in all it did fit the film.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    My first listen was... guess what? My all-time favourite score. wink

Then played a number of other favourites - all 4 Indiana Jones scores, Dinosaur, Atlantis, King Kong, Gladiator, LoTR etc. Ended with Gavin Greenway's Millennium Celebrations. cool fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Ennio and Andrea Morricone: The Fourth King /Il Quarto Re/

Nice, kind of ceremnial music, seemed like a good idea to start the new decade with.