• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    The "Predator Suite"?

Really?

lol

What's the date today?

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The "Predator Suite"?

Really?

lol

What's the date today?

lol

-Erik-

Uhhmmm...you DID know that I knew that didn't you!? Now there's no one to snare rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Alan Silvestri

It’s a new “Night” and “Museum” for Ben Stiller, who is joined by several other stars from the original film, as well as new characters from history — including Amy Adams as famed aviatrix Amelia Earhart, Hank Azaria as villainous Egyptian pharaoh Kahmunrah, Christopher Guest as Russian tyrant Ivan the Terrible and Alain Chabat as Napoleon. Owen Wilson is back as cowboy Jedediah, and Robin Williams again rides into history as Teddy Roosevelt. The centerpiece of the film will be bringing to life the Smithsonian Institution, which houses the world’s largest museum complex with more than 136 million items in its collections, ranging from the plane Amelia Earhart flew on her nonstop solo flight across the Atlantic and Al Capone’s rap sheet and mug shot to Dorothy’s ruby red slippers and Archie Bunker’s lounge chair. No major film has ever shot inside the Smithsonian in Washington … until Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.

Composer Alan Silvestri, who has breathed musical life into a Delorean, a Mummy, a mouse named Stuart Little, and a volleyball named Wilson, strikes up a band that includes the entire menagerie of the Smithsonian for his latest summer blockbuster! The original NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM made over $250 Million at the US box office and was the #2 movie for 2006!

20th Century Fox opens NIGHT IN THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN in theaters everywhere May 22.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 969 2
    Release Date: 05/19/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    great
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    great

what D said
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm looking forward to it! Action/Adventure from Silvestri. The first score was luke warm but hopefully Silvestri can step it up for this one. Should be a lot of fun. Actually, I'm going to spin the first score RIGHT NOW!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The first one actually caused me to look for my bucket. Very messy, all over the place, full of mickey mousing. I'll take the Silvestri of Judge Dredd or BEOWULF anyday. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    The first one actually caused me to look for my bucket. Very messy, all over the place, full of mickey mousing. I'll take the Silvestri of Judge Dredd or BEOWULF anyday. smile

Well, of course I'll take Judge Dredd and The Mummy Returns any day but those types of scores wouldn't work in a film of this sort. And mickey mousing doesn't bother me... I actually welcome it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    I might welcome it too when i have my own children smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Even if I didn't have kids I still enjoy mickey mousing!

-Erik-
  1. Well, Silvestri was replacing Ottman late in, so mickey mousing usually occurs from that time restraint. This time, he has more time, so there's no excuse.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Even if I didn't have kids I still enjoy mickey mousing!

-Erik-

I don't have kids but I am still like a kid so I enjoy mickey moucing. wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, Silvestri was replacing Ottman late in, so mickey mousing usually occurs from that time restraint.

What? Where did you pull that "fact" out from?

-Erik-
  2. Countless replacement scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Countless replacement scores.

Ummm... dizzy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, Silvestri was replacing Ottman late in, so mickey mousing usually occurs from that time restraint. This time, he has more time, so there's no excuse.

Time restraint = mickey-mousing!

Make a note of that, everyone! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, Silvestri was replacing Ottman late in, so mickey mousing usually occurs from that time restraint. This time, he has more time, so there's no excuse.

So Aliens, Lost in Space, and many others I forget about are mickey mouse scores, thanks for clearing that up. dizzy

It's duly noted, thanks Thor.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote

So Aliens, Lost in Space, and many others I forget about are mickey mouse scores, thanks for clearing that up. dizzy

I think Thor was being cynical, but Justin wasn't wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote

Apparently they are, yes. smile

I don't think I've ever made that connection before myself, but Justin's brain works in mysterious ways, you know.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Yes, it does lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. No one was replaced on "Aliens" and some compsoerws can do better under tight constraints than others.

No score was replaced on "Lost In Space", though Isham did dod a number of demos; Broughton had time as I understand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    No one was replaced on "Aliens" and some compsoerws can do better under tight constraints than others.

No score was replaced on "Lost In Space", though Isham did dod a number of demos; Broughton had time as I understand.

Imagine if the TOM & JERRY scores hadn't been done under such strict timelines. We would probably have these big symphonic tone poems by Scott Bradley & co.!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote

Ummm... Wasn't it Goldsmith who was going to pen this one and had to bow out LATE and therefore Broughton had only two weeks to write and record that massive piece of mickey mousing.

So, now it's only on rejected scores do composer use mickey mousing. Ok... Horner most definitely mastered the art of mickey mousing in Troy, huh? Tyler's inspired mickey mousing in Timeline has to be heard. Goldsmith showed up late on The 13th Warrior and showed the world how a Master mickey mouses. Mickey mousing has never been better than when Kamen's replaced Morricone on What Dream May Come. Tangerine Dream's mickey mousing score to Legend is legendary. Shall I continue?

-Erik-
  7. Yes, Erik, you shall lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. Varese releases

It’s a new “Night” and “Museum” for Ben Stiller, who is joined by several other stars from the original film, as well as new characters from history — including Amy Adams as famed aviatrix Amelia Earhart, Hank Azaria as villainous Egyptian pharaoh Kahmunrah, Christopher Guest as Russian tyrant Ivan the Terrible and Alain Chabat as Napoleon. Owen Wilson is back as cowboy Jedediah, and Robin Williams again rides into history as Teddy Roosevelt. The centerpiece of the film will be bringing to life the Smithsonian Institution, which houses the world’s largest museum complex with more than 136 million items in its collections, ranging from the plane Amelia Earhart flew on her nonstop solo flight across the Atlantic and Al Capone’s rap sheet and mug shot to Dorothy’s ruby red slippers and Archie Bunker’s lounge chair. No major film has ever shot inside the Smithsonian in Washington … until Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.

Composer Alan Silvestri, who has breathed musical life into a Delorean, a Mummy, a mouse named Stuart Little, and a volleyball named Wilson, strikes up a band that includes the entire menagerie of the Smithsonian for his latest summer blockbuster! The original NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM made over $250 Million at the US box office and was the #2 movie for 2006!

20th Century Fox opens NIGHT IN THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN in theaters everywhere May 22.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 969 2
    Release Date: 05/19/09

cool smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Varese releases

cool smile

Ummm... http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ri/#Item_3

-Erik-
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Varese releases

cool smile

-Erik-

well bugger, I missed that, I was checking this page, found it odd that nobody posted this one yet
    Thanks Eric, appreciate it biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Varese releases

cool smile

-Erik-

well bugger, I missed that, I was checking this page, found it odd that nobody posted this one yet

Yeah, how we could miss such an assignment of such colossal proportions and importance ? biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Varese releases

cool smile

-Erik-

Yeah, how we could miss such an assignment of such colossal proportions and importance ? biggrin tongue

rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    I for one liked the first movie's score a lot, especially because it sounded great to me in the movie (especially the main theme). Looking forward to this!