• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Silvestri's new site, AlanSilvestri.info, is reporting he has been hired to score the uneeded and bound to be crappy film "The A-Team".

at least it could be fun, better than Tyler on that one dizzy

Not a lot better, if it's another GI Joe.

Indeed! GI Joe is pants! One of the most uninspired, UGLY scores Silvestri has written in a long, LONG time!

-Erik-

"Uninspired" is the key word for me. I don't think it's nearly as bad as Haslinger or Bates - it just sounded to me almost like Silvestri couldn't be bothered. I seriously wondered he'd just lost his passion for writing film music, but Christmas Carol suggests that hopefully it was just a blip.
  1. Maybe he was just getting a paycheck. Maybe he let someone else do some of the score and get a paycheck. Maybe he was taking one of the musical team so we wouldn't have had this movie scored by Bates or some other hack.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    "Uninspired" is the key word for me. I don't think it's nearly as bad as Haslinger or Bates - it just sounded to me almost like Silvestri couldn't be bothered. I seriously wondered he'd just lost his passion for writing film music, but Christmas Carol suggests that hopefully it was just a blip.

Indeed... it was such a shitty film. I know that other composers - including Silvestri - has written some magnificent music for some really bad films (Tomb Raider 2) but I to think that Silvestri mailed this one in... and you know what I don't blame him. Do you think Silvestri will ever work with Sommers again? I certainly hope not.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, the BACK TO THE FUTURE theme is one of the most brilliant and memorable our film music genre is ever blessed with. Pure gold.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Btw, the BACK TO THE FUTURE theme is one of the most brilliant and memorable our film music genre is ever blessed with. Pure gold.

It totally blew me away when I first heard it, up until that point Silvestri was just the composer of the likes of Romancing The Stone and various synth stuff, this was the point I found a whole new level of respect for him.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

It is! How I wish people wrote themes like that today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    I am glad that ALAN SILVESTRI thread got more than 24 pages of comments. This is indeed really good sign. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Is it really worth buying the score album of The Ferngully: The Last Rainforest?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    I don't think too much of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Best to wait for its sequel score, Avatar.
  2. lol
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    Steven wrote

What? I thought A.R.Rahman would score the sequel.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    face-palm-mt
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    fireworks punk Bhaaaaaangraaaaaaaaaavatar punk fireworks
    bhangra bhangra bhangra
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well....Bollywood movies are often full of vibrant colours and "magic", so in that respect something like AVATAR might not be as farfetched as one might think.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    And when Rahman goes orchestral, the results are terrific (almost no "Bollywood" vibe).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

This was a funny comment and it ended here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jeez. You lose at pool or sumptin'?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Am I being a grump? Sorry Martijn, I feel like I'm losing my sense of humour this year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. a quick look at the 'Saturday Night Feverish' thread will show you that I have become Shiva, destroyer of the egos of pool players. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Am I being a grump? Sorry Martijn, I feel like I'm losing my sense of humour this year.

That's OK. The privilige of old age and all. wink

(Why do you get the idea you're losing your sense of humour? confused
    I didn't notice. But then I'm in the same age bracket so we might well be on a Lemon/Matthau, Matthau/Burns kinda spree between the two of us wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I didn't notice. But then I'm in the same age bracket so we might well be on a Lemon/Matthau, Matthau/Burns kinda spree between the two of us wink )

Cripes!!!!!? shocked dizzy lol

I'll tell all on the appropriate thread, I'm NOT losing my sense of humour in the least, it's just that life is beating me with a big stick so I need that sense of humour more than ever at the moment, the last 6 months have been about as bad as I've ever experienced and I think I'm letting things show through here at this board from time to time ( whether noticed or not ), but as I said, I'll talk about it on the appropriate thread.

p.s. Mel and I are fine and in good health as is Gomez biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Cheers for that addition. smile
    It's always the first that comes to mind, indeed.

In that case until such time as you share what you want to share, we'll be waiting in the appropriate thread with words of comfort, sage advice, a helping hand, offers of industrial-strength alcohol, and -if all else fails- promises of violence and venomous sarcasm against appropriate parties.
    wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds good to me smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'll tell all on the appropriate thread, I'm NOT losing my sense of humour in the least, it's just that life is beating me with a big stick so I need that sense of humour more than ever at the moment, the last 6 months have been about as bad as I've ever experienced and I think I'm letting things show through here at this board from time to time ( whether noticed or not ), but as I said, I'll talk about it on the appropriate thread.

What's wrong, TIm?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

You and me both, Tim. 2009 has been my worst year ever. Let's vent together in the "sum-up-the-year" thread that will arrive in a couple of weeks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sorry to hear that guys but i am glad you're all healthy above all. Is it something you can share, even in pm? I am worried! Wishing you all the best in the meantime.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't worry D.

I'll openly explain everything here on the forum soon.

In the 'Sum Up The Year' thread? Is there one Thor?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...anyway, this is the Silvestri thread so....

BACK TO THE FUTURE.