• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Actually, you never get to see the dangly bits. They make a show out of it to conceal it with everything they have which is part of the fun, even if a bit distracting at times.

Actually the way they did that was kinda funny i think, a lot of the cinema-goers that day were giggling how irrelevant things popped up rapidly just to cover his stuff hehe.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVFZzo-Qzk
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    Alan Silvestri rocks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007 edited
    Well, depends on your definition of "rocks". If it's "provides adequate music for generally awful films" then yes.
  2. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007 edited
    Isn´t it amazing how some guys manage to talk about a composer´s very successful and enduring career that produced an amazing number of absolute top scores for movie masterpieces in a way he appears to be a total loser? Sometimes I just wish to have the ability to make others just SEE the truth. Don´t you too, Erik? biggrin
  3. I always thought that Silvestri is as good as a composer as Goldsmith in is last 20 years. I don't understand why Goldsmith's scores should be any better.
  4. Well, Goldsmith shows a lot more diversity in his style. But Silvestri´s scores never failed to amaze me in context with the movies, and he is capable of very astonishing surprises, stylistically, if they need to be done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    New interview:

http://www.colonnesonore.net/cmslab/ind … zione=view
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    "I did go to see 300 with my son, he really loved it. That music was fantastic, the composer did a fantastic job in that film".

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Marselus wrote
    "I did go to see 300 with my son, he really loved it. That music was fantastic, the composer did a fantastic job in that film".

biggrin

How wonderful to be oblivious.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. Scribe wrote
    Marselus wrote

biggrin

How wonderful to be oblivious.

Oh, the irony.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited
    Alan Silvestri will score Night At the Museum 2: Escape From The Smithsonian in 2009. Yay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Anthony wrote
    Night At the Museum 2: Escape From The Smithsonian

Why the fuck is this being made? Surely Night At The Museum didn't do that well at the box office?

confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Night At The Museum did brilliantly actually. It took something like $250 million, so I don't blame them. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Alan Silvestri will score Night At the Museum 2: Escape From The Smithsonian in 2009. Yay?

If it's as shit as his score for the first one, then nay!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Night At The Museum did brilliantly actually. It took something like $250 million, so I don't blame them. wink

No accounting for taste eh!? rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Anthony wrote

Yeah 250 in USA + 325 in the rest of the world.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    msia2k75 wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah 250 in USA + 325 in the rest of the world.

There was 325 people in the rest of the world who saw it? shocked

That Many!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I liked it, what's everyone's problem? confused
  6. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Isn´t it amazing how some guys manage to talk about a composer´s very successful and enduring career that produced an amazing number of absolute top scores for movie masterpieces in a way he appears to be a total loser?

Girls can do it too. Heck, with Alan Silvestri, I'd be surprised if anyone couldn't. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. Marselus wrote

biggrin

Clearly a man interested in good film music.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    I love the Night at the Museum main theme that is used throughout the score a few times. I'm glad a sequel is getting made if it means more of that theme.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd like a cue that's over a minute and a half long. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    I liked the main theme and the overall score of NaTM. Especially the action tracks towards the end, though most were pretty short.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Too much mickey-mousing imo. Until I saw the film it was a hard one to listen to all in one go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can't stand listening to over 5 minutes of that score. Will probably hate the sequel one as well.
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    Does anybody know if Silvestri's score to Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot is available anywhere? confused

I'm particularly interested in the End Title music.
  8. It seems that Silvestri will indeed score Night At The Museum 2.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Ho … ;p=4544927
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    It seems that Silvestri will indeed score Night At The Museum 2.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Ho … ;p=4544927

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2? shocked

rolleyes