• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    The grey font color is tough to read, Dom.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2011
    Dom I really like that, do you happen to have a higher resolution version and without the case?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Why it seems like now, a soundtrack cover has to be the teaser poster? DH part 2, now this one. It wouldn't be better to have the final poster as a cover?
  2. Track list:

1. Captain America Main Titles
    2. Frozen Wasteland
    3. Schmidt's Treasure
    4. Farewell to Bucky
    5. Hydra Lab
    6. Training The Supersoldier
    7. Schmidt's Story
    8. VitaRays
    9. Captain America 'We Did It'
    10. Kruger Chase
    11. Hostage On The Pier
    12. General's Resign
    13. Unauthorized Night Flight
    14. Troop Liberation
    15. Factory Inferno
    16. Triumphant Return
    17. Invader's Montage
    18. Hydra Train
    19. 'Rain Fire Upon Them'
    20. Motorcycle Mayhem
    21. Invasion
    22. Fight On The Flight Deck
    23. 'This Is My Choice'
    24. Passage Of Time
    25. Captain America
    26. Star Spangled Man

The last cue, is a song made by Alan Menken and lyrics by David Zippel.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011
    Please don't be a boring cross of A-Team and GI Joe... Please don't be a boring cross of A-Team and GI Joe... Please don't be a boring cross of A-Team and GI Joe... Please don't be a boring cross of A-Team and GI Joe...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I don't think it's going to sound like that. It's a film which takes place on the 50, not in modern day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited
    "on the 50"??

I think you mean it takes place in the 40's.

I'd still have prefered Giacchino to have scored it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    I'd still have prefered Giacchino to have scored it.

Only if he would go back to the MOH sound then yes!

If Joe Johnston doesn't go the route of Kenneth Branagh and ask for a modern sounding score a la THOR then I think this is a great opportunity for Silvestri to return to his epic/adventure sounds of THE MUMMY RETURNS. Johnston said he modeled CAPTAIN AMERICA around RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK so here's hoping he wants the same from the music. And looking through Johnston's filmography there hasn't been one disappointing score written for any of his films.

- The Wolfman

- Hidalgo

- Jurassic Park III

- October Sky

- Jumanji

- The Pagemaster

- The Rocketeer

- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. yonythemoony wrote
    I don't think it's going to sound like that. It's a film which takes place on the 50, not in modern day.

when did the recent remake "Clash of the Titans" take place?

Just look at the trailer for this film. Look at the "look", style of writing. I think we all know why they hired him for this film, keeping "the A-Team" in mind.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Just look at the trailer for this film. Look at the "look", style of writing. I think we all know why they hired him for this film, keeping "the A-Team" in mind.

If we get another "Flying A Tank" then fuck yeah.... bring it on!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011
    First music from Captain America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oDrB7ag … dded#at=89

Fuck. Yes. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    First music from Captain America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oDrB7ag … dded#at=89

Fuck. Yes. punk

That kind of Silvestri sound has become way too tiring for me, I'm afraid.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Really? That's what I've been waiting for him to do again for years. GI Joe and A-team were pale in comparison to this!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's just same old, same old, a relentless noisefest. Either it's me or it's film music that something is wrong with, last year I don't think I bought more than 3 scores to current films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011
    Anyone here know, if they are going to release a song/various artists soundtrack? Everywere I look I only see the "Silvestri"-cover... The reason why I ask, is NOT that I want to buy a song album, but that I want to AVOID, buying one by mistake smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011
    ...just don't buy it unless it has Silvestri's name on...?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011 edited
    Artworks wrote
    Anyone here know, if they are going to release a song/various artists soundtrack? Everywere I look I only see the "Silvestri"-cover... The reason why I ask, is NOT that I want to buy a song album, but that I want to AVOID, buying one by mistake smile

it happens, SAE sent me the song album of WEDDING CRASHERS instead of Rolfe Kent's score despite my order stating things clearly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Well, bought it, so just hoping it's the right one smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    It's just same old, same old, a relentless noisefest. Either it's me or it's film music that something is wrong with, last year I don't think I bought more than 3 scores to current films.

You're spot on, Tim. Captain Amercia isn't good!

-Erik-
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

You're spot on, Tim. Captain Amercia isn't good!

-Erik-

Have you already listened to the full album?

Looking at the FSM forums I can't believe so many people getting scoregasms. To me the music sounds loud, repetitive and generic. The "theme" is really only a motif. Just because there aren't electronic "enhancements" like in Silvestri's last couple of scores it doesn't mean it's a good score. It could have been something like Judge Dredd but it seems we're getting another GI Joe. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Bang on! And there are electronics in the score. I'll be featuring the album on the program during my Joe Johnston's special on July 16th... I hope!

-Erik-
  6. We've entered some kind of bizarro universe where Silvestri and J.N.H. are being complained about while Beltrami gets the praise. And one guy praising Henry Jackman.

That must have been one hell of a spicy taco I had.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011
    OK, I've never been a big Silvestri fan. But something odd has happened. Inspired by the fabulous, fantastic Captain America, easily the best comic book / superhero score since Spiderman 2, I've been going through a lot of his older scores over the last week or so and have been greatly enjoying what I've found. He has a distinct musical personality - he sounds like himself, he always sounds like himself - he writes big, memorable themes (it would be a short list actually if one tried to write out all the living film composers who've written more of those than he has) - exciting action music - witty comic music - I'm now struggling to think exactly what it was I didn't like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    OK, I've never been a big Silvestri fan. But something odd has happened. Inspired by the fabulous, fantastic Captain America, easily the best comic book / superhero score since Spiderman 2, I've been going through a lot of his older scores over the last week or so and have been greatly enjoying what I've found. He has a distinct musical personality - he sounds like himself, he always sounds like himself - he writes big, memorable themes (it would be a short list actually if one tried to write out all the living film composers who've written more of those than he has) - exciting action music - witty comic music - I'm now struggling to think exactly what it was I didn't like.

Silvestri has always been on/off for me. Love his old synth scores, as well as some of his more poignant efforts, like FORREST GUMP and THE ABYSS, but I've veered more and more away from his bombastic action scores. Too whimsical and...yes, bombastic for my taste these days. Even BACK TO THE FUTURE.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, yeah... that's what I'd have said about a week ago. Not sure what has brought about this change. Of all the "sub-John Williams" type composers (Debney, Broughton, D Newman etc etc) I think he's easily the best (or at least, the most consistent).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011 edited
    Silvestri is an on/off composer for me too, though I'm opposite to Thor in that I loathe his synth scores. ( if you want to hear something excruciatingly bad just check out CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR )

BACK TO THE FUTURE was the "revelation" score for me back in the day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR....moody, spacey, otherwordly.

But I'm even more into his catchy Synclavier things, like FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR, AMERICAN ANTHEM or THE DELTA FORCE.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "otherWORDly" You got that right. wink