• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012 edited
    I don't think it sounds like Cast away at all; that one was sweet and melancholic. This is modern, bleak and darker; don't like much what i heard but it's only small-duration pieces.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012
    I meant the instruments used, not the actual feel. And the last track is pretty melancholic too.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2013
    New score release:

croods

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.gr/2013/0 … cture.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Demetris wrote
    New score release:

croods

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.gr/2013/0 … cture.html

oh, didn't know he was doing this. Could be fun, him on another animation picture. Doesn't have to be Powell all the time wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. My review of THE CROODS, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/04/02/the-c … silvestri/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013
    Got my copy of "The Croods" this week, and I have listened to it probably 8-10 times now. Needless to say, I really like it. It may not be Silvestri's most original work to date, but still very enjoyable.

"Smash and Grab" is my favorite track, and I didn't even realize that it's basically the Fleetwood Mac song "Tusk", just at double speed. Even now that I know it, it still sounds like a unique tune, even though I know it's the same notes. smile Found this video of The USC Trojan Marching Band performing Tusk, and they also perform "Smash and Grab" on the score. I wonder how this collaboration came about?

BTW, bought it really cheap here.
  3. Some new reviews

- The Croods
    - Ferngully: The Last Rainforest
    - Identity
    - Overboard

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013 edited
    I'm not sure if it was already shared...

One of the directors Chris Sanders posted a video of recording session.

Recording of Smash & Grab song
    http://www.chrissandersart.com/2013/03/ … ab-song-2/

"This is a video that gives you a glimpse into the recording of one of my favorite pieces of music for the movie. It’s a marching-band inspired number that gives the opening hunt sequence its football vibe. During January of 2013, Alan Silvestri recorded the first half in Abbey Road Studios in London, and the last layer with the USC marching band in California. See if you can hear some quotes from “Tusk”!"
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013
    I hadn't seen that, so thanks for sharing, Miya. I love that track, especially the percussion... punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    I'm not sure if it was already shared...

One of the directors Chris Sanders posted a video of recording session.

Recording of Smash & Grab song
    http://www.chrissandersart.com/2013/03/ … ab-song-2/

"This is a video that gives you a glimpse into the recording of one of my favorite pieces of music for the movie. It’s a marching-band inspired number that gives the opening hunt sequence its football vibe. During January of 2013, Alan Silvestri recorded the first half in Abbey Road Studios in London, and the last layer with the USC marching band in California. See if you can hear some quotes from “Tusk”!"

Great stuff, liked it Miya love

It's great to see a percussion section used intelligently though I have to say I thought I heard echoes of Fleetwood Mac's 'Tusks' uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    I would say it's more than just echoes smile The main part of it is pretty much Tusk at faster speed. But still a very cool track! cool

Also, here's a link to the marching band originally performing Tusk (at regular speed smile)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013
    Artworks wrote
    I would say it's more than just echoes smile The main part of it is pretty much Tusk at faster speed. But still a very cool track! cool

Also, here's a link to the marching band originally performing Tusk (at regular speed smile)

cool

Great version of an excellent track.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013
    New from Intrada

FANDANGO

Neither seen it or heard it? Opinions?
  4. I've heard bits of it in very bad quality, but as far as I can remember it's actually a pretty solid orchestral score. Back to the Future without the theme, if you will. Good to see this is getting a proper release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013
    Yeah, I saw that film awhile back (I think I made a thread about it over at FSM, but I can't find it), but I don't remember much of the score. I love early Silvestri, though (especially the synth stuff...but also the orchestral bits), so this will be checked out.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. One more before the weekend is over... Synchrotones reviews "Red 2" by Alan Silvestri. Read all about it (or as much as I could be bothered to write about it) at:

http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/red2/

Thanks,
    <s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2013
    Coming from Intrada on November 12:

A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Same program as the download version.
  6. FINALLY, BLOWN AWAY IS GETTING ITS MUCH DUE RELEASE

INTRADA WILL RELEASE IT THIS DECEMBER 17TH

HAVE TO SAY, IF VARESE JOINS THE PARTY WITH A COUPLE OF HOLY GRAILS AS WELL (AFTER POLICE ACADEMY, DAYS OF THUNDER AND NOW BLOWN AWAY), THIS COULD BE AN AMAZING END OF THE YEAR FOR ME punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    Cool. I assume that's a premiere release of the score, not "just" an expansion?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    Thor wrote

Pretty much. The original album was songs with two and a half minutes of score.
  7. Jim Ware wrote
    Thor wrote

indeed, and this score is one of those cool 90's scores when Alan Silvestri was still inspired for these kinds of films. I'm definitely getting this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    Jim Ware wrote
    Thor wrote

So, an expansion then. tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Jim Ware wrote
    Thor wrote

So, an expansion then. tongue

-Erik-

The original DOWNLOAD album was all score.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  8. Blown Away is a very cool score. Definitely worth a purchase, especially seeing as Intrada's release is 70+ minutes long. http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8 … egory=-113

I have to say though... what a godawful cover!

Good times for Silvestri fans, as Varese is releasing a 2CD deluxe edition of The Abyss. My copy is ordered. To be fair, a few very notable tracks aside, it's not the greatest score in the world, but for me this is the one that got me into filmmusic and it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Would be interesting to see if it includes any music from the extended director's cut, though it doesn't appear to (judging from the track titles). http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … uxe/Detail

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  9. Synchrotones wrote
    Blown Away is a very cool score. Definitely worth a purchase, especially seeing as Intrada's release is 70+ minutes long. http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8 … egory=-113

I have to say though... what a godawful cover!

Good times for Silvestri fans, as Varese is releasing a 2CD deluxe edition of The Abyss. My copy is ordered. To be fair, a few very notable tracks aside, it's not the greatest score in the world, but for me this is the one that got me into filmmusic and it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Would be interesting to see if it includes any music from the extended director's cut, though it doesn't appear to (judging from the track titles). http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … uxe/Detail

<s>

honestly, I quite like the cover of Blown Away, fits with the style of the movie
  10. My two cents on The Croods, such a fun score:

http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/

Thanks!
  11. Several new reviews:

- Blown Away
    - Fandango
    - RED 2
    - Soapdish
  12. When the fuck did THIS happen?!
    I'm terribly excited for this now. May need to change my pants. spin

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Synchrotones wrote
    When the fuck did THIS happen?!
    I'm terribly excited for this now. May need to change my pants. spin

<s>

confused
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    I can only guess that Silvestri is supposedly scoring it but the link says nothing.