• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Delete the two slashes at the end of the link and it works fine smile
  1. Silvestri's Cosmos (part 1 of 4) is now out on iTunes! Fans rejoice! Innocent piano, warm strings and noble horns seem to dominate the album.

s.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Concert music?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No, a tv show. About the cosmos.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Concert music?

Music to TV documentary series. I listened to it on Spotify earlier. Nothing spectacular ( yet? ) but an enjoyable listen. I'll need a second listen to make a more informed opinion.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Tim, what style is it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited
    Lush, grand Silvestri, very melodic and typical of his style. Some electronics here and there. Can you not listen to it on Spotify?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't have Spotify, it just came to Cyprus last summer and haven't tried it yet..
  2. Southall wrote
    Part 1 of 4?

Apparently. http://www.alansilvestri.com/

s.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. Demetris wrote

I think it owes a bit to Contact.

s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    I don't have Spotify, it just came to Cyprus last summer and haven't tried it yet..

Do it! Spotify is great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Synchrotones wrote
    Demetris wrote

I think it owes a bit to Contact.

s.

Thanks Pete! I remember CONTACT is one of my all-time favorite Silvestri works, will definitely check this new one out.
  4. Synchrotones reviews Cosmos... it's big!!!! Silvestri's score.... not so big, but very nice.

PT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014
  5. Hm. I found this one pleasant, but largely forgettable. Even his less inspired-sounding action scores of recent years seemed to have stronger highlights, or at least one or two meaty cues worth revisiting...Cosmos is just kind of vaguely nice.
  6. Synchrotones reviews Clean Slate / The Perez Family.

Enjoy... whilst the sun is out! smile

PT.
  7. Volume 2 of Silvestri's music for Cosmos is now available from digital outlets - and it maintains the high quality of the first volume.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2014
    Good! It's up on Spotify and I'll give it a listen later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2014
    Good news. Alan, do you think it's sufficiently different from volume 1 to warrant the purchase?
  8. Southall wrote
    Good news. Alan, do you think it's sufficiently different from volume 1 to warrant the purchase?

I certainly did! wink

What I took away from the first volume was a sense of awe at the vastness of the universe, sweeping vistas, etc. There is a sense of this in the second volume, but I also hear a more homely, more personal feel to several of the tracks; these don't seem to be as grandly orchestrated. Also, there's a more variety in the orchestrations in this second volume, with more prominent use of solo instruments. And, there's a few tracks that have a propulsive edge to them that wasn't much in evidence with the first volume.

So, I'd say "yes" there's enough variety to warrant a purchase, but there's also a definite link to the first volume for those who want "more-of-the-same" but with added variety.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. I agree with Alan (of the FalkirkBairn variety). It's similar, but very different from the first. A lovely central theme, but a lot more gusto throughout. I'm loving it (though... I am terribly biased where Silvestri is concerned).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2014
    I found the first COSMOS largely disappointing. I'm curious as to how the sequel album holds up, however.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. I find Vol 2 more coherent. There's a central theme that's really carried throughout the album; more so (imho) than in vol.1. And like Alan (FkB) said, there's a lot of variation in the orchestrations, which I appreciate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2014
    There was some great electronica stuff in, I think, the third or fourth episode (rather short, though). Showed me that Silvestri still has the synth chops that he excelled at in the 80s.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    Silvestri...synth chops...80s.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2014 edited
    Anyone who can't dig the glorious Synclavier II/Yamaha DX7/Roland T-808 riffs of Silvestri in the 80s will automatically lose all my respect!

(not really, but damn, it's good -- and extremely underrated!).
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Delta Force... such an ace score!
  13. How about no.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014
    Thor wrote
    I found the first COSMOS largely disappointing.

lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!