• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregt wrote
    The crowd funded cd organised by the Film Fest of Gent with music from Alan Silvestri
    http://www.filmmusicsite.com/nl/soundtr … i?id=44508

1. The Polar Express Suite 6:35
    2. Forrest Gump Suite 9:17
    3. Mousehunt Suite 5:43
    4. The Quick and the Dead Main Theme 3:50
    5. Back to the Future Suite 5:31
    6. Cast Away End Credits 4:53
    7. Predator End Credits 4:06
    8. Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey Suite 7:18
    9. The Avengers 2:12
    10. The Mummy Returns 7:38

Has anyone co-funded the cd? I did.

A missed opportunity to hear Judge Dredd, The Parent Trap or Stuart Little, but hey if this is the program of the WSA I'll be very happy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. My thoughts on.. The Walk (Silvestri) - http://wp.me/p3hOx4-Q8
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    The crowd funded cd organised by the Film Fest of Gent with music from Alan Silvestri
    http://www.filmmusicsite.com/nl/soundtr … i?id=44508

1. The Polar Express Suite 6:35
    2. Forrest Gump Suite 9:17
    3. Mousehunt Suite 5:43
    4. The Quick and the Dead Main Theme 3:50
    5. Back to the Future Suite 5:31
    6. Cast Away End Credits 4:53
    7. Predator End Credits 4:06
    8. Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey Suite 7:18
    9. The Avengers 2:12
    10. The Mummy Returns 7:38

Has anyone co-funded the cd? I did.

A missed opportunity to hear Judge Dredd, The Parent Trap or Stuart Little, but hey if this is the program of the WSA I'll be very happy

I'll only be totally satisfied if they play the finale from THE ABYSS!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote

LOL, yeah I second this.

What would REALLY make my day/year/life is if they play an orchestral arrangement of the Delta Force theme! biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  4. Oh my gosh yes. cheesy

g'way Thor
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015
    Synchrotones wrote
    Thor wrote

LOL, yeah I second this.

What would REALLY make my day/year/life is if they play an orchestral arrangement of the Delta Force theme! biggrin

Even more awesome if they'd brought some synths on stage (Synclavier 2 for the win!) and played the original version, or any of Silvestri's brilliant 80s synth scores!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015
    Or, you know, if they didn't.
    rolleyes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015 edited
    Screw you! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015 edited
    CD'S START SHIPPING THE WEEK OF OCT. 26th, meaning they may start shipping on Monday Oct. 26th, Tuesday October 27th, Wednesday October 28th, Thursday October 29th or Friday October 30th.

Back To The Future Part III: The Deluxe Edition

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Alan Silvestri

UPC: VCL10151159
    Release Date: 10/12/15

Limited Edition Of 5,000 copies
    CDs will begin shipping the week of October 26

$ 29.98

BACK TO THE FUTURE Part III: The Deluxe Edition
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed and Conducted by Alan Silvestri

Everybody has been waiting for this one! And now’s the time! We’re just nine days away from Back to the Future Day on October 21 and we are thrilled to announce our 2-CD 25th Anniversary Edition of Alan Silvestri’s rousing western finale to the Back To The Future Trilogy … Back To The Future Part III: The Deluxe Edition is here!

They've saved the biggest trip for last as the most popular time-traveling movie trilogy ever comes to a rousing conclusion in Back to the Future Part III! Stranded in 1955 after a freak accident, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) discovers he must travel back to 1885 to rescue Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) before he becomes smitten with school teacher Clara Clayton (Mary Steenburgen). Now, it's up to Marty to keep Doc out of trouble, get the DeLorean running, and put the past, present and future on track so they can all get back to where - and when - they belong. From the Academy Award-winning filmmakers Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, Back to the Future Part III is a spectacular grand finale to the timeless blockbuster series.

The epic conclusion of the Back to the Future saga is now complete!

CDs will begin shipping the week of October 26.

Limited Edition of 5000 copies

Disc 1 (Total Time: 60:41)

THE FILM SCORE:

1. Back To Back / Court House (1:25)
    2. Main Title (2:43)
    3. Into The Mine / Tombstone / It’s Me (3:18)
    4. Warmed Up (1:30)
    5. Indians (Film Version) (1:10)
    6. Safe And Sound (:42)
    7. Hill Valley (2:20)
    8. The Hanging (1:42)
    9. We’re Out Of Gas (1:17)
    10. There Is No Bridge / Doc To The Rescue (1:26)
    11. At First Sight (3:17)
    12. Yellow (:47)
    13. The Kiss (1:57)
    14. You Talkin’ To Me? (:36)
    15. The Future Isn’t Written (3:36)
    16. Goodbye Clara (3:02)
    17. What’s Up Doc / Marty Gallops / To The Future (1:45)
    18. Wake Up Juice (1:12)
    19. Callin’ You Out / Count Off (1:59)
    20. The Showdown / The Kick (2:13)
    21. A Science Experiment (The Train - Part I) (3:11)
    22. It’s Clara (The Train - Part II) (4:36)
    23. Point Of No Return (The Train - Part III) (3:49)
    24. It’s Destroyed / Back To The Girlfriend / It Erased (3:41)
    25. Doc Returns (2:52) 26. End Credits (4:01)

Disc 2 (Total Time: 48:39)

ALTERNATES:

1. Back To Back / Court House (Alternate) (:33)
    2. I’m Back / Main Title (Alternate) (2:49)
    3. Into The Mine /
    Tombstone (Alternate) (3:19)
    4. Warmed Up (Alternate) (1:47)
    5. Indians (Alternate) (1:20)
    6. The Hanging (Alternate) (1:44)
    7. Goodbye Clara (Alternate Segment) (:52)
    8. Count Off (Alternate) (1:30)
    9. The Kick (Alternate) (:44)
    10. Doc Returns (Alternate) (2:40)

SOURCE MUSIC:

11. Clock Dedication / Battle Cry Of Freedom (1:03)
    12. Doubleback (Extended Version) (3:12)
    13. Turkey In The Straw (3:00)
    14. My Darling Clementine (2:51)
    15. Saloon Piano Medley (1:44)
    16. Arkansas Traveler (2:49)
    17. Devil’s Dream (2:48)
    18. Pop Goes The Weasel (2:59)
    19. Virginia Reel (Tip-Top) (2:57)

ADDITIONAL MUSIC:

20. I’m Back (Alternate No. 2) (1:07)
    21. Into The Mine (Alternate No. 2) (1:53)
    22. Indians (Alternate No. 2) (1:11)
    23. Doc Returns (Alternate No. 2) (3:02)
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015
    More madness. Great western score, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Not madness. The sequencing of the original album makes zero sense. Not having The Train sequence music back-to-back-to-back was a terrible idea! This new edition corrects that poor judgment.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015 edited
    Screw the film. The original sequence makes perfect sense and is a sweet ride from start to finish.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One of my favourite Silvestris. I've never felt the need for more music but this is one where the original album sequence is very hard to understand.

And Intrada are releasing Part II later on today, aren't they?
  5. No it's clear as crystal that the best action finale after the one from BTTF should be placed at the end of the album, not at the start, the middle and the end. It's the only way to do it justice. To end the score (and film) with a bang.

I'm getting this one for sure. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    CD'S START SHIPPING THE WEEK OF OCT. 26th, meaning they may start shipping on Monday Oct. 26th, Tuesday October 27th, Wednesday October 28th, Thursday October 29th or Friday October 30th.

I can't help but think there is a degree of redundancy in this sentence.
  6. They should start shipping the day that Marty travels back to 1885.
    And have it arrive exactly one week later, when Marty gets back to 1985.

cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015
    Southall wrote
    And Intrada are releasing Part II later on today, aren't they?

BACK TO THE FUTURE Part II
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Screw the film. The original sequence makes perfect sense and is a sweet ride from start to finish.

No, it doesn't. It's bat shit retarded. But that's right up your alley!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, that may be true, but as you know -- I don't care diddly-squat how the film's story goes, and which tracks should go there in relation to which part of the story etc. Nothing could be more uninteresting to me. All I care about is how the album as an independent entity holds up, and I've never had any problems with the old BTTF3 album, neither in "logic" or experience. In fact, it seems to be tailored wonderfully, with the action and the calm material greatly balanced, as well as having a definite "arc" towards something -- and then a little bit of 'hoedown' country music here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Why is the most badass portion of the finale, the classic Silvestri percussion culminating in the fantastic climax found at the start. Tell me where the logic is in that?

Oh, happy about part II as well! cool

Seemed like the perfect time to release all three again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Why is the most badass portion of the finale, the classic Silvestri percussion culminating in the fantastic climax found at the start. Tell me where the logic is in that?

Works as a great overture! Climax or 'setpiece' tracks (like "Journey to the Island" from JP) are often great at the beginning of albums this way.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Oh what a fantastic but very expensive month for us Silvestri fans.
  9. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Why is the most badass portion of the finale, the classic Silvestri percussion culminating in the fantastic climax found at the start. Tell me where the logic is in that?

Works as a great overture! Climax or 'setpiece' tracks (like "Journey to the Island" from JP) are often great at the beginning of albums this way.

But "Journey to the Island" is at the beginning of the film. wink

Scores are (ideally) composed with a narrative in mind. The entire BTTF III score builds up to that train sequence, and to have that sequence chopped into pieces and scattered throughout the album makes as much sense to me as taking a book and altering the order of its chapters.

Have we discussed this before, perchance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

For posts like these, we should have a <like> button.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

But "Journey to the Island" is at the beginning of the film. wink

Scores are (ideally) composed with a narrative in mind. The entire BTTF III score builds up to that train sequence, and to have that sequence chopped into pieces and scattered throughout the album makes as much sense to me as taking a book and altering the order of its chapters.

Have we discussed this before, perchance?

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Scores are (ideally) composed with a narrative in mind

Yeah, but film score narratives and film score album narratives are two completely different things.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    biggrin

You're so silly, Thor! Keep it up!

-Erik-
  10. Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Scores are (ideally) composed with a narrative in mind

Yeah, but film score narratives and film score album narratives are two completely different things.

Because it's a different medium? By that logic, an audiobook shouldn't follow the same order as the book itself. Right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Of course your right but quit while you're ahead, Edmund!

-Erik-
  11. Thor wrote
    I totally do care how the film's story goes, and which tracks should go there in relation to which part of the story etc. Nothing could be more interesting to me.

Neither to me. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.