• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Of course, I'm only speculating here, but I can't believe that when someone like Powell signed on to MV, there was a point in the contract that said "your music MUST sound like Hans Zimmer's!".

From the stories I've heard of someone who was looking at working there, when John Powell started on, they were more interested in how he made coffee than how he orchestrated. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    That's how I can bootleg all their music! Become a coffee boy! biggrin
  2. You've got to be on top of your music before you can make coffee in this town! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I actually started playing around on GarageBand last night. It's really good! I managed to come up with something that I was happy with in a matter of minutes. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Dude I'll mop the floors of Walt Disney Records headquarters (whatever...) if I can bootleg stuff from there! lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Dude I'll mop the floors of Walt Disney Records headquarters (whatever...) if I can bootleg stuff from there! lol

Haha, yes! I was telling someone the other day how Disney must have the most secure recordings ever. Nothing ever leaks! crazy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Haha, yes! I was telling someone the other day how Disney must have the most secure recordings ever. Nothing ever leaks! crazy beer

Mission Black Fortress Infiltration cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Mission Black Fortress Infiltration cool

No, it needs a cool name, like Mission Mouse Extraction. wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Mission Mouse-Possible IV punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote

Quantum Of Mouseage.

There, now it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, as no one knows what the hell "quantum" means! (including me!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Quantum Of Mouseage.

There, now it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, as no one knows what the hell "quantum" means! (including me!)

Aiyyah! I'm having to study enough of physics already, thanks! lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I took physics A-level for two weeks and dropped it for media. tongue It was stupidly hard.

Hang on...we're in the Silvestri thread. Get back on topic Anthony! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah, that's better! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    why would anyone want any Disney bootleg? confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    why would anyone want any Disney bootleg? confused

Because Disney are fooking shite at giving people what they really want unless mega-bucks are involved. So great Disney scores by the likes of John Barry, Henry Mancini and Ron Goodwin never see the light of day.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Umm...George Of The Jungle...

11 minutes of score release. Exactly what I wanted... rolleyes

Someone with the complete, read this, PM me, send me the music! My God! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Disne..*yawwwnn*..y scores...*yawwwnn*
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Someone missed childhood. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Which one's make you yawn D ? There are THOUSANDS of them.

???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All the thousands of them biggrin

Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, but i have also exited childhood tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Which one's make you yawn D ? There are THOUSANDS of them.

Not getting out of it that easy friend wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Christodoulides wrote

Maybe those 'little soldiers' don't have what it takes to make it big time? Why some of them have (badelt, hgw, powell) and all the others remain under Zimmer's wings all these years?

Perhaps there's a reason for that? Has anybody ever thought of that instead of accusing him all the time? There are examples of recent solo projects (.e.g. Geoff Zanelli) who weren't good, at all;

Or Atli's Vantage Point, all solo projects, Zimmer is NOT on their heads and yet they don't manage; why is that?

But despite their incompetence, they still got Zimmer and the whole big MV operation on their back. Look at Jablonsky. He's got not much talent. Yet he got big assignments like The Island or Transformers because Zimmer has a relationship with Michael Bay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote

Umm...George Of The Jungle...

11 minutes of score release. Exactly what I wanted... rolleyes

Someone with the complete, read this, PM me, send me the music! My God! cry

Really! Ditto for Lion King, (as you all already know wink ) 16 minutes of score release on OST (20 if you include the Hyenas track on foreign editions) and a !@%^# quality bootleg is all most of us get to listen to! That's one score I have to get by hook or by crook or by... whatever wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Something went wrong with Timmer's last post in the thread, no big deal, i edited a missing [ / quote ] in it and aligned the spaces a bit.

Notice: I erased the relevant posts, now unnecessary. In an hour or so, I'll also delete this one here.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, I made a mess of a quote earlier, but I had no idea it could go that far! dizzy
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    All the thousands of them biggrin

Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, but i have also exited childhood tongue

I think there's a slight misunderstanding going on here. Just because Disney brandnamed MICKEY MOUSE doesn't mean all music ever written for them is mickey-moused!

Will we ever see proper releases of Goldsmith's Mulan, McNeely's Mulan II, Brougton's The Return of Bambi, McNeely's Iron Will, Bernstein's Black Cauldron, Bernstein's Journey of Natty Gann, David Shire's Return to Oz, ... ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    If Return to Bambi is NOT mickey mousing then i don't know what is.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008 edited
    Well, I've just got to jump on into the Silvestri thread and say how much I love his score to Judge Dredd. The suite that he arranged for his concert last year in Madrid was spectacular.

( and I love his score to Delta Force also )
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Judge Dredd KICKS ASS! Madrid's version was double kick-ass, a very fine and powerful rendition of an anyway might score.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    The whole soncinemad experience was excellent but yeah, the highlight was most certainly the Silvestri concert.
    To hear that music live was incredible but to have the man himself conduct it just blew my mind.
    It was difficult to speak for 48 hours biggrin
    I've picked up the cd which is superb but do you have any idea if there are any plans to release a dvd?
    Sweet mother of pearl, I do hope so dizzy