• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This is one tasty watermelon I can't wait to consume.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Seriously, dood. BACK TO THE MUTHA F__KING FUTURE, MAN! Cream de la cream.

Now that we are getting this release from Intrada, we'll see if you're actually right! wink

Hopefully, Back To The Future will be on TV over the Christmas holiday so that I can watch it to see how the music is spotted. (I've never actually watched the film all the way through.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    The reason I caved in even though I have (and don't like) the bootleg is simply that someone told me that it doesn't do the music justice, because it's from elements that aren't properly mixed together. Nothing from my recent viewing of the film suggested I need anything from this score apart from the main theme (a masterpiece of spotting! - good one) but as I said, I just want to see what the fuss is about and really, really hope I like it.
  3. Southall wrote
    ...I just want to see what the fuss is about and really, really hope I like it.

I'm thinking that I'm going to enjoy the darker version of the score to the one that was actually used in the final version of the film. We'll see.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Not to sound like a Thor, but you surely know why. I like the performances of the theme I have. It feels like that's enough for me. I'd never listen to the complete score. wink

Yet, lifeless, heartless, emotionless Desplat scores get you all wet. wink

Well, obviously not the mixing. :ba-boom-tish: wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    (a masterpiece of spotting! - good one)

You don't think so? If Back To The Future was released today it would been scored with wall to wall music. Both Zemeckis and Silvestri knew when to make a musical statement and Silvestri's saved his first notes of the score (minus the 20 seconds of the classic main title twinkling) for the reveal of the Delorian at Twin Pines Mall; almost 20 minutes into the picture. 50 minutes of perfectly timed music (a good portion of it saved for the last act) for a 2 hour film... yeah, brilliant spotting indeed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't disagree that it's better than it would be today, but from the 60s-80s (when film scores were generally treated with more intelligence) that was pretty standard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    I don't disagree that it's better than it would be today, but from the 60s-80s (when film scores were generally treated with more intelligence) that was pretty standard.

Standard... good one. rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What distinguishes it from the hundreds of other scores of similar length written in the 60s-80s which don't introduce the main theme too early then? What makes this one non-standard? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I'm very late to the game. Can someone clarify if this is the first release of the score? I only see a song album and a Varese re-recording of it. Intrada says '1st Complete recording' so that leaves me wondering if there's another recording of it out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BhelPuri wrote
    I'm very late to the game. Can someone clarify if this is the first release of the score? I only see a song album and a Varese re-recording of it. Intrada says '1st Complete recording' so that leaves me wondering if there's another recording of it out there.

The Varese re-recording wasn't very long and the song album contained very little score, so this is the first official release of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Ah thanks for the clarification, James!
  5. If "Back to the Future" was released today, some shitty director would get it, some crappy teenage heart throb would be the lead, Robin Williams would be the Doc, and Hans Zimmer/Rupert Gregson-Williams/Klaus Badelt would score it.

Thank goodness for the '80's.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. One of the things I enjoy when a title like this is released is the (almost) universal (no pun intended?) joy that's voiced in various messageboards from posters throughout the world.

I'm sat here (now listening to Goldsmith's 100 Rifles) flicking between here, the FSM and Intrada's forums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Funny we were just talking about it yersterday in the "poor releases" thread! cheesy

BRING IT ON!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! yeah, i saw the tracklisting. Thank God! no songs. This is really indeed good news. I believe very soon they will release complete score album of Stuart Little.

My only big worry is that will they release this 2 CD set in INDIA? sad
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Funny we were just talking about it yersterday in the "poor releases" thread! cheesy

BRING IT ON!!

I believe some Music Company should have visited to our Maintitles and read our thread "poor releases". This should have changed their mind. biggrin biggrin Wow! i made great contribution towards film music. punk biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Now all I need is someone to release Lion King and I'm totally satisfied!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Oh! yeah, i saw the tracklisting. Thank God! no songs.

Actually, it would have been nice to have the tunes. They play just as an important role in the film as the score.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Honestly speaking, i don't have problem with songs but when it is just dominates the score on the album, that just annoys me. I agree some songs are really good but at the same time, score is really great. My point is at very first release itself, they should have given high priority to the score than songs. However, late better than never.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Honestly speaking, i don't have problem with songs but when it is just dominates the score on the album, that just annoys me. I agree some songs are really good but at the same time, score is really great. My point is at very first release itself, they should have given high priority to the score than songs. However, late better than never.

Well, songs will 99% of the time sell more records than score. Yes, I agree that the amount of score on the original release was embarrassing but the original release was actually a very good album! But everything has now been corrected.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    Shit yeah, one of the hugely anticipated ones for me... BTTF, even at 50 minutes it's still going to kick more butt than most current 75 minute releases. Silvestri's score is fun, actionpacked and introduced his trademark sound to the masses with a brilliantly memorable theme. Without BTTF my interest in scores wouldn't have been as big as it was back when I started taking notice of this particular genre of music.

Do I have to add I have ordered it ? Seriously ? Well I did in case you wondered !!!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    The fact is i am very very addict to Back to the Future III score than BTTF. It contains lot of good stuff, especially western style of music. On score album, Point of no return track just rocks and works superbly in film too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I checked the tracklisting: so many short tracks, again! I don't like it. And anyway, what I hear on the Back to the Future Trilogy CD is more than enough for me. I never listen to those action tracks, so I guess the material on that CD will do for me.
    But I'm glad that this Holy Grail for so many of you has finally been released!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Oh! yeah, i saw the tracklisting. Thank God! no songs. This is really indeed good news. I believe very soon they will release complete score album of Stuart Little.

My only big worry is that will they release this 2 CD set in INDIA? sad

No, and they won't release it in the UK or France or Greece or Australia or Nepal, either. The only way to get it is to order from one of the online soundtrack retailers. If you don't have a credit card then I guess you have a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I am doomed. sad heartbreaking news. cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Back To The Future!? Finally!? Boy am I glad I haven't bothered with all the bootlegs out there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    It seems that i have to force myself to satisfy with my bootleg version of Back to the future. sad
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    That made my day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunil wrote
    I am doomed. sad heartbreaking news. cry

Do you have a friend with a credit card who can order it for you?