• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    I must tell you all that I have never seen a single episode of the A-Team.

That fact, and the fact (that are two facts!) that this trailer is rather standard and actually isn't interesting either, makes my brain conclude that this film looks really stupid.

Stupid? Don't be daft, just check THIS clip out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've found this longer clip from the new film. It actually looks pretty good to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXEk3deCOm0
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote

Me neither. But I've seen enough references to it (particularly from Family Guy) to get a pretty decent idea of what it's about. And almost everyone knows the theme.

I was watching it constantly as a small kid, on tv. I don't remember much, other than the fact that it was pure cheese and very entertaining, those men in the black van chasing bad guys and forcing justice and good into the world hehe smile

But the trailer of the movie is crap.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. And virtually nobody being killed. I loved how after a big shootout, they literally showed people getting up unscathed biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah it was lots of fun, family friendly entertainment really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yeah, that was where I learned that violence is okay and you can't really hurt people with guns and bullets. This show changed my life in a profound way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    And virtually nobody being killed. I loved how after a big shootout, they literally showed people getting up unscathed biggrin

I liked how they'd be stuck in a shed surrounded by gunmen but using stuff inside the shed, old cardboard boxes, sticky tape, washing powder and the like, they would come blasting out of the shed in an armoured vehicle.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Yeah, A-Team turned into a collective MacGyver then.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    And virtually nobody being killed. I loved how after a big shootout, they literally showed people getting up unscathed biggrin

Yes, that's what I remember most about the show too. After big car crashes they always showed the bad guys climbing out of the wrecks, disorientated but unharmed. There was a car crash in nearly every show and it never failed to show them climb out.

I also remember that each of the 4 characters were quite funny in a unique way. That's what made the show most entertaining, the characters and how they interacted (i.e. got on each others' nerves).

Peter smile
  3. Bregt wrote

That fact, and the fact (that are two facts!) that this trailer is rather standard and actually isn't interesting either, makes my brain conclude that this film looks really stupid.

This is a rather typical Bregt-deduction. biggrin

Could be fun... could be not... Well they better make the film enjoyable enough viewing for the 30+ among us (not like GI Joe), because I can't honestly think they should market this at the kids, because the younger generation has likely never seen the TV show.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    A great new interview with Alan about the BTTF release and his recent projects - http://www.colonnesonore.net/cmslab/ind … zione=view
  4. LLLR is releasing his score to "Dutch" (See the "Upcoming CDs" thread).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. justin boggan wrote
    LLLR is releasing his score to "Dutch" (See the "Upcoming CDs" thread).

this label is becoming insane shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    ERASER: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1129
    Music by Alan Silvestri
    Limited Edition of 3000 Units

NOW SHIPPING
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER “ERASER: LIMITED EDITION” March 23rd at www.lalalandrecords.com

Presenting the latest title in our Expanded Archival Collection -- Composer Alan Silvestri’s (BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY, FORREST GUMP, PREDATOR, DUTCH) full-throttle score to the 1996 Warner Bros. feature film ERASER, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vanessa Williams and James Caan and directed by Charles Russell. Silvestri’s blood-pumping orchestral score propels this big-budget actioner, enhancing all the film’s non-stop suspense and thrills. Produced by MV Gerhard and remastered by James Nelson, this limited edition release features more than 30 minutes of previously unreleased music and includes exclusive, in-depth liner notes and track analysis by Daniel Schweiger. This is a limited edition release of 3000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title (Unused) (2:39)
    2. Need A Lift* (4:04)
    3. You’ve Been Erased* (2:43)
    4. She’s In (6:14)
    5. Candid Camera* (1:32)
    6. Your Music*/Compact*/Balloon Attack* (7:21)
    7. Kruger’s Story (Expanded) (2:13)
    8. Cabin Raid (4:43)
    9. Kruger Get’s Drugged* (3:11)
    10. Kruger Escapes (4:09)
    11. It’s A Jungle (3:16)
    12. “You’re Luggage” (aka Hold Your Fire)* (3:20)
    13. “When I Have Proof” (3:21)
    14. Cyrez Break In (Expanded) (8:24)
    15. Union Trouble (2:47)
    16. The Warehouse* (3:26)
    17. The Dock Fight (Expanded) (4:47)
    18. Final Showdown* (3:18)
    19. Reunion (1:44)
    20. Van Explosion* (1:07)
    21. The Eraser (Expanded)
    (aka Brilliant Piece Of Work/Finale) (2:59)
    * - denotes tracks that were previously unreleased
    Total Running Time: 77:18

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. at least it's on one CD, and with short tracktitles
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ordered.

Who else bought it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nahhh!
  7. Anthony wrote
    Ordered.

Who else bought it?

nah, It is not exactly one of his greatest scores
    am curious though to see how well it will sell
  8. I don't know, while Innerspace isn't exactly Goldsmith's finest hour, I get a kick out of the LLL release. It's that particular synthy and thematic 80's sound of Jerry that I love.

Maybe it's the same with Eraser, I kinda like some of the cues on the regular album, maybe the expanded will expand on those cues and just make them infectious to listen to. I'll go download it before I decide. I just hope this one won't sell out before I'm able to decide.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    Oh, I find Interspace one of Goldsmith's better efforts though. I didn't really appreciate it in the past due to the crappy release at that time, I guess. But the new expanded one is really cool. Love it. (track 24, 25 etc. top notch stuff)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    I find Eraser a boring score... it just doesn't come from the ground somehow.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a soundtrack release for The A Team? Film release is on june 11th so there should be an announcement soon. I'm really looking forward to hear this score. I hope that Silvestri has incorporated the original theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    timme wrote
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a soundtrack release for The A Team? Film release is on june 11th so there should be an announcement soon. I'm really looking forward to hear this score. I hope that Silvestri has incorporated the original theme.

No idea about the usage of the theme, but it seems you can hear a snippet of the orchestral score on the official filmsite: http://www.ateam-movie.com
    • CommentAuthorBigMacGyver
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    The score is most likely coming out from varese. Watch their upcoming releases page during next week or the week after.

The first three bars of the a-team tv theme played by french horns can be heard in the website clip, so i guess the remainder of the score will make use of it as well.

There will be a session report from dan goldwasser soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    THE A-TEAM
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Alan Silvestri

THE A-TEAM follows the exciting and daring exploits of a colorful team of former Special Forces soldiers who were set up for a crime they did not commit. Going “rogue,’ they utilize their unique talents to try and clear their names and find the true culprit. Liam Neeson (Schindler’s List, Taken) portrays Hannibal Smith, a master planner of inventive missions requiring split-second timing, unusual skills and a team of incredibly proficient and … eccentric soldiers; Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) is Templeton “Face” Peck, who can procure anything for the Team's unorthodox and daring activities; top-rated UFC light heavyweight Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is B.A. Baracas, the Team’s driver and muscle; and Sharlto Copley (District 9) is H.M “Howling Mad” Murdock, a gifted pilot — and certified loon. Jessica Biel (The Illusionist) stars as Capt. Charisa Sosa, a former love interest of Face’s, but who's now relentlessly pursuing the Team for a crime not of their doing. Patrick Wilson (Watchmen) is Lynch, a mysterious CIA operative who is a key player in the Team’s most explosive mission.

The high-octane adrenaline-fueled score is by Alan Silvestri (Night At The Museum).

20th Century Fox deploys THE A-TEAM nationwide on June 11.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 032 2
    Release Date: 06/22/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    The latest Empire magazine has an article on the film, including a section on the music of the T.V. show. It has an interview with the original composer. He calls Silvestri his friend and he says he can't wait to hear the film version of his theme. That might be hinting that it will be prominently featured.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    Well, after the hugh let down "GI Joe" was. I'm no longer that excited...
    Where is the "mummy returns"-Silvestri???!!
  9. BobdH wrote
    The latest Empire magazine has an article on the film, including a section on the music of the T.V. show. It has an interview with the original composer. He calls Silvestri his friend and he says he can't wait to hear the film version of his theme. That might be hinting that it will be prominently featured.

if this movie doesn't hint a famous theme like that at least a couple of times, then the hell with this score. This theme will be the highlight for many, and it is already know the only reason why people would buy it. And I hope for more good old Silvestri and less GI JOE Silvestri
  10. Yeah let's forget about Joe Silvestri, I want more Marty Silvestri, or Judge Silvestri.