• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Or maybe it should have never existed in the first place? just thinking out loud here wink

Get out.
    I'm serious.

pf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    T3 and Salvation are piss poor films.

Looking back on it I think Salvation had a few problems, for sure. But I still stand by the opinion that some of the scenes were pretty good, and the way the Terminators were dealt with I liked. They felt like a formidable foe in a proper Terminator kind of way. I wouldn't say piss poor.

Okay, just 'poor'.

Yes, there were some good scenes in it but on the whole I didn't like it and even worse, I was bored watching it, I think Cameron would have given us something special if he'd made a T3, instead we have two exceptionally average sequels.*

*or prequels depending on time line malarkies and all that wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Or maybe it should have never existed in the first place? just thinking out loud here wink

Get out.
    I'm serious.

pf

You have to understand that for many, the Terminator films are pretty fookin' special. Like Star Wars, Alien/s, Indiana Jones, Back To The Future... those kinds of things. I LOVE Terminators, I think they're one of American cinema's greatest badguys.
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Timmer wrote

Yes, there were some good scenes in it but on the whole I didn't like it and even worse, I was bored watching it, I think Cameron would have given us something special if he'd made a T3, instead we have two exceptionally average films.

Oh absolutely. I guess I'm a sucker for the post-apocalyptic, down-trodden aspect of it... and it has Terminators. Big, fuck-off Terminators.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    I don't really have any great desire to buy The A-Team CD. Granted though, the score is mostly buried under what is a migraine-inducingly loud movie - and without question one of, if not the dumbest piece of garbage to ever grace a silver screen. Nobody with an IQ in double or triple figures could possibly walk out of The A-Team saying they had a good time. Mind-numbingly stupid and pointless.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    The Terminator franchise should have ended after T2.... end of story!

-Erik-

As a story you're prpbably right, Erik. But, I really enjoy Beltrami's score for the third movie and it would be a shame to be without it (although some would counter this by pointing out that Beltrami doesn't really come up with anything new.) And I like the orchestral version of the Terminator theme that appears on the CD for the third film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David OC wrote
    I don't really have any great desire to buy The A-Team CD. Granted though, the score is mostly buried under what is a migraine-inducingly loud movie - and without question one of, if not the dumbest piece of garbage to ever grace a silver screen. Nobody with an IQ in double or triple figures could possibly walk out of The A-Team saying they had a good time. Mind-numbingly stupid and pointless.

So you enjoyed it then?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Clips available at colosseum:

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … stri-.html

That means pre-orders might be out by friday already!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Electronics. Aaahhhh! sad
  3. There will be electronic-free tracks as well...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's not the point!
    • CommentAuthorBigMacGyver
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    So its about the principle? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BigMacGyver wrote
    Clips available at colosseum:

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … stri-.html

That means pre-orders might be out by friday already!

G.I joe 2!!!! punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Actually, it's the A-Team. Say it with me... A-Team!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Clips sound quite fun! I hope they didn't screw up the mastering this time though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Actually, it's the A-Team. Say it with me... A-Team!

-Erik-

A-team!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Clips sound quite fun! I hope they didn't screw up the mastering this time though.

Justin would be very unhappy. But I'm sure we'll hear immediately if he detects anything but a lossless source.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    David OC wrote

So you enjoyed it then?

Timmer, if I could just drag myself up out of this semi-coma, I would indeed go back for second helpings! smile
  4. Review of Dutch
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    BigMacGyver wrote
    A-Team suite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22zCOP3r5kU

thanks!

But nothing special...silvestri tricks and motifs again. The same motifs from GI joe without electronic (at least in the suite). This suite is from the CD? because the A-team theme sounds too..."concert hall".
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    Yes its from the cd. This is just a montage of the orchestral bits. There is a lot of electronic material as well but i think its more interesting than that of g.i. joe. Flying a Tank is the best track of the entire album and so far for me the best action track of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks for the suite... but meh! And The A-Team theme while sounding big and all... the electric guitar riff WITHOUT a drum kit doesn't sound right.

BTW, is there any other variation of the A-Team theme in the score?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Nope, only the two that you can hear in this suite. Not sure if there are any more quotes of it in unreleased material. I have to wait till early august to see the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BigMacGyver wrote
    Nope, only the two that you can hear in this suite. Not sure if there are any more quotes of it in unreleased material. I have to wait till early august to see the movie.

That's a shame! sad

-Erik-
  6. Yes, i was hoping for some more quotes of the theme, too. But the original theme by silvestri is kind of cool too.
  7. I like what I'm hearing, the sort of agressive Silvestri using the orchestra to its full extent and providing plenty of action. And this looks to be one movie I'll be going to the cinema for. smile

Thanks BMG for the suite.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    By the way, these are mostly moments from the first half of the album. The second half is not as exiting with lots of suspense material and synth stuff (the iron man 2 syndrome - the composer was certainly capable of doing another flying a tank but the movie most likely did not permit this). But some moments from the second and most of the first half should make a neat 45 minute listening album for those who like that kind of arrangement.
  8. Still, should be a hell of a lot more interesting than the music from GI Joe, which didn't raise one eyebrow when I watched that stupid film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    BigMacGyver wrote
    Nope, only the two that you can hear in this suite. Not sure if there are any more quotes of it in unreleased material. I have to wait till early august to see the movie.

That's a shame! sad

-Erik-

it is. I don't like very much this re arrangement. and I want the electric guitar from the original theme back!!