• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I guess no surprise here, but GSA has confirmed Silvestri's involvement in Stephen Sommer's G.I. Joe: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    Kick ass! KICK ASS!!!

Yooooooooooooo Joe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN034sBeF4c

I'm probably the only one that gets all giddy while watching that old GI JOE: The Movie intro. And if the live action movie is anything as kick ass as that animated intro I'm gonna LOVE IT!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    I saw Beowulf in spectacular 3D on the weekend, (great entertainment especially the climax) and thought Silvestri's 2 main themes worked wonders as well as that catchy little motif that mostly gets used when Angelina Jolie's naked form appears!
    Only complaint would be the excessive use of choir once again which seems to be a trend in his "big" scores of recent years (not that it's a trend necessarily confined to his writing of course).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    David OC wrote
    when Angelina Jolie's naked form appears!

Now tell me, honestly; (as i said in Facebook) Isn't that one the most shockingly sexy spectacle you've seen?!?! :inlove:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where?! Where?! shocked
  2. wow cool, I'm really curious as to how this movie will basically look like; and Silvestri on board is never a bad thing eh wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    David OC wrote

Now tell me, honestly; (as i said in Facebook) Isn't that one the most shockingly sexy spectacle you've seen?!?! :inlove:

Anthony wrote
    Where?! Where?! shocked

Well ladies and gentlemen if that is not a typical male reaction then which one is!!!!???? rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    Jolie? Naked? sleep
    -----
    Secretary of Public Relations, Male Half Of Mankind
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    David OC wrote

Anthony wrote
    Where?! Where?! shocked

Well ladies and gentlemen if that is not a typical male reaction then which one is!!!!???? rolleyes

And what's wrong with typical male reactions? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well we don't have a smile showing a guy drooling... it's quite messy actually,you can slip and break a leg,not to mention how nerve breaking is for your mate!Anyway...
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Scorefanatic wrote
    I guess no surprise here, but GSA has confirmed Silvestri's involvement in Stephen Sommer's G.I. Joe: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

Nice! A good ol' Silvestri action score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Well we don't have a smile showing a guy drooling... it's quite messy actually,you can slip and break a leg,not to mention how nerve breaking is for your mate!Anyway...

Well my dear i can assure you nobody's drolling and nobody's getting hurt here, it's not an everyday example we're talking about here nor a generalization. In fact it's very specific - and rare, if i may add. it's Angelina Jolie. In Beowulf, like that; you've seen her, you know what i am talking about; end of story. kiss wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Scorefanatic wrote
    I guess no surprise here, but GSA has confirmed Silvestri's involvement in Stephen Sommer's G.I. Joe: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

Jeez. Making a film of GI Joe is almost as funny as making one of Alvin and the Chipmunks (though in fairness, I couldn't hum you the score for Alvin and the Chipmunks yet, but I'm sure I could make a pretty good stab with GI Joe).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Scorefanatic wrote

Jeez. Making a film of GI Joe is almost as funny as making one of Alvin and the Chipmunks (though in fairness, I couldn't hum you the score for Alvin and the Chipmunks yet, but I'm sure I could make a pretty good stab with GI Joe).

And I'm sure you laughed when Transformers was green-lit and now look how well that film did. Move along... move along. Real fans only!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scorefanatic wrote

And I'm sure you laughed when Transformers was green-lit and now look how well that film did.

Yes, I did! Unfortunately it seems most people just don't have my exquisite taste.
  3. Hey, how about doing R-rated version of GI Joe? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. We´re finally going to see Beowulf tonight (four hours from now). I don´t know if I should be excited or not. I´ve heard so many good and bad opinions now I´m totally done expecting anything from it. It´s a shame we´ve no 3D theatre anywhere near where I live. As a matter of fact I think there´s only one left in Germany. I really, really hate that...
  5. After listening Beowulf, I have to say that it's better than Van Helsing. I can listen to it without getting headaches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    After seeing Beowulf two nights ago, I have just one question to those of you having difficulties with it: What are you guys smoking?

Honestly, Beowulf was one of the best experiences of a score within a movie I had in years. It was epic when it had to be, dramatic when it should be, brutal when it was time for that, and it was damn spooky and atmospheric every second Jolie´s character and anything asociated with her plotting appeared on screen. Hell, I loved that seduction theme of hers, I loved the brutal main theme, and I love the dramatic/romantic theme to death. And I must ask in all honesty what you guys think is wrong with that stuff, since I have not the slightest idea what should be. Hell, I even love that song at the end (well, due to the fact how the orchestration works the themes into it).

I can only hope that most important tracks are on that CD. I heard some of it was missing? *shudder*

Honestly, based on my viewing of the movie alone, I say ***** stars without blinking once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Right on! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I can only hope that most important tracks are on that CD. I heard some of it was missing? *shudder*

Well, ultimately, it's all there. It's just a pitty that mainly Beowulf's theme is lacking the final repetition during the end. But with some self-editing, you can improve that yourself wink

Glad you liked it punk
  6. Well, I think I will do that then. But if somebody has to offer a perfectly done version, feel free to tell me all about it. wink
  7. Ralph, tell me something about the main title sequence? It rather makes me laugh on album, how does it look like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The opening titles? Are Awesome! There's nothing laughable when you watch the film, believe me.
  8. What do you mean? That electric guitar thing? I think it works absolutely well within the movie.
  9. Techno electronics, electric guitar, blaring horn AND screaming choir. What's going on on screen?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Techno electronics, electric guitar, blaring horn AND screaming choir. What's going on on screen?

"Warner Bros pictures presents... in association with Shangri-La Entertainment... a Robert Zemeckis film... BEOWULF... " biggrin
  10. Oh biggrin
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Beowulf is a disappointment, somewhat. Good main theme, but that's about all it's got.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Oh biggrin

Yup. It sets the atmosphere for what is to come in a quite honest, blood-pumping vein. This movie is pure testosterone, and the score represents that. Quite effective, and so damn right.