• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010 edited
    anyone? Put on some Amarcord and La Dolce Vita, how can you go wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010 edited
    I'm shocked that it took this long for Rota to have his own thread. What's even more shocking is that I rarely reach for a Rota score to listen to. Not that his music is bad... Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorites... but I just never think of this man's work when I'm looking for something to play. I must remedy that. However, I just looked over my collection of Rota albums and I don't have much. A lot of compilations, suites and things but only 1 full score album; the already mentioned Romeo and Juliet.

-Erik
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    I love Rota (btw, please edit the thread to have Rota's name in CAPITAL LETTERS...that's how we do it around here).

ROMEO & JULIET is my favourite, esp. the love theme which is a representation of my beloved "religious sound", as strange as that may be. I also have a great Rota sampler with suites from LA STRADA, WAR & PEACE, WATERLOO and IL GATTOPARDO. Lovely, lush, colourful, romantic music. I can understand why Elfman was such a fan.

Shockingly, I do NOT have any of the GODFATHER soundtracks, though (even though I had III once, which was mostly Carmine Coppola).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Shockingly, I do NOT have any of the GODFATHER soundtracks, though (even though I had III once, which was mostly Carmine Coppola).

I think Silva's Godfather Trilogy sampler would be a great addition to your collection. All three scores, one album, just enough music from each. It plays really well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm shocked that a giant of Rota's stature got overlooked in composer topics! shocked

Unlike Erik I quite often reach for Rota, a true genius and a master of melody.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

I think Silva's Godfather Trilogy sampler would be a great addition to your collection. All three scores, one album, just enough music from each. It plays really well.

-Erik-

Agree! It's a fine album.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have GODFATHER part one on vinyl, but i am not familiar with the rest of his works you mention. Are they in good recording quality and sound? What am i missing here?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And Adam, as Thor said, CAPITALS PLEASE! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fixed it
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    I find him to be at his most fun to listen to when he's doing swing/clown music/jazz/almost lounge. For example "La Fogaraccia" from Amarcord (or its theme... best theme ever). "Stormy Weather" from La Dolce Vita. The theme from The Night of Cabiria.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2022
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2022

About as classic as it gets.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2022
    Yes, and no.