• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    As discussed in another thread , I thought some of you might wanna play 'Guess The Score' again .
    I kept it simple and uploaded just one track . If you recognise it then just yell it out here quickly !
    I've started with a very easy one . (probably too easy pour les connaisseurs ... lol)
    But it's a beginning ... wink

Go for it !

spin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. I need a clue because I have no clue. I'm clueless...

And a wonderful idea buddy!

Should the winner upload the next cue?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    I need a clue because I have no clue. I'm clueless...

And a wonderful idea buddy!

Should the winner upload the next cue?

No clues yet my friend - it's still too early for that ! biggrin

Yep , if the winner wants to upload the next one that's fine by me ... wink
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    I have no idea what it is... shame No composer comes to mind either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No idea who or what that is, but Windows Media Player displays the soundtrack cover of THE SWAN PRINCESS, which apparently is some kind of oldfashioned animated film. Is that it?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Damn those embedded images in audio files !!!!! crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Eric wrote
    I've started with a very easy one . (probably too easy pour les connaisseurs ... lol)

Your definition of easy is different to mine!
  3. Well Steven, he said 'connaisseurs'... You must not be one then? tongue

Neither am I for that matter. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    Damn those embedded images in audio files !!!!! crazy

Haha, owned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Thor wrote
    No idea who or what that is, but Windows Media Player displays the soundtrack cover of THE SWAN PRINCESS, which apparently is some kind of oldfashioned animated film. Is that it?

LOL - good guess Thor but that's not the one ...
    Looks like Media Player is helping me and giving you guys false leads ... biggrin
    I thought you guys would've guessed this one in a flash - looks like I started with a toughy then ?!
    Sorry ... shame
    If you would like any tips , just yell ... wink
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL!!!

Tips please. shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shaza..I mean I don't recognise it. uhm
  4. Eric wrote
    Go for it !

I gave up after 3 tries - each one, for some reason didn't give me the file. And the added bonus of pop-ups (even though they are disabled in my browser).

An easier way to access the file(s) may make participation levels higher?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    A pain to download. After being confused for a while I tried clicking on Badongo. When I got there I had no idea on where to click next to be able to download the file. Then I tried Rapidshare. Nopes, servers were overloaded. Then Megaupload. It said the file was not available. Fourth link finally worked, but had to wait a minute before I could download it. I think we should try to find a better place for future games.

Grumpy complaining over, I couldn't recognize the track either. Sounds Rozsa inspired and has a Goldsmith feel to it. But perhaps it's a bit too simplistic to be Goldsmith. There's definitely an asian thing going on as well.

Peter smile
  5. Got there in the end! But couldn't positively identify it.

Sounds military - seafaring. Has that Oriental feel to it in places...Pacific? Quality of the recording sounds quite recent (or good quality old recording) but the style sounds older...maybe a re-recording?

That's about as much as I get out of this one. I'm not bothered I didn't get it but I am curious if I was able to identify any of the hints from the music!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Got there in the end! But couldn't positively identify it.

Sounds military - seafaring. Has that Oriental feel to it in places...Pacific? Quality of the recording sounds quite recent (or good quality old recording) but the style sounds older...maybe a re-recording?

That's about as much as I get out of this one. I'm not bothered I didn't get it but I am curious if I was able to identify any of the hints from the music!

WOW , you're on the right track my friend ! shocked
    Keep at it !

Some hints :

* It's from a movie released in 1991 .
    * The album was released by Intrada
  6. [spoiler]Bruce Broughton's The Old Man and The Sea[/spoiler]?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Keep it up running for some time, i'll try to check it out soon too!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    [spoiler]Bruce Broughton's The Old Man and The Sea[/spoiler]?

A good guess , but the wrong one ... wink

I'll give it some time before I'll send out another big clue ...
  7. I think that the advent of the "spoiler" option is a great innovation since these games died down: people can guess with whoever doesn't want to see the guesses can avoid them.
  8. haven't got the faintest clue shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    haven't got the faintest clue shame

biggrin wink
  9. So the clue should be found somewhere in between a big grin and a wink?

(thinks for about 2.3 milliseconds)

I give up.

No seriously !!!

Dude you just created the impossiblestest game ever... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    I can safely say I've never heard this music before!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    [spoiler]Martial stuff, plus water. The ending is super patriotic. Sounds like good, old fashioned composing style.
    And since you mentioned Intrada & 1991 my guess is John Scott's Shogun Mayeda. I have the score somewhere and can't find it. So it's just a wild guess
    [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    BhelPuri wrote
    [spoiler]Martial stuff, plus water. The ending is super patriotic. Sounds like good, old fashioned composing style.
    And since you mentioned Intrada & 1991 my guess is John Scott's Shogun Mayeda. I have the score somewhere and can't find it. So it's just a wild guess
    [/spoiler]

YIHAAAAAAAAA !!
    Give that man a sigar !!
    You guessed it correctly BhelPuri , it's indeed John Scott's 'Shogun Mayeda' .
    It was the Main Title ...
    Well done ! wink
    Shame on the rest of you ! LOL biggrin

Are you gonna put up the next track for us BhelPuri ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Wow, that's a rare one. Have never even heard of it before. Only "Shogun" I know, is the Richard Chamberlain mini-series.

If this is an easy one, I'm curious what the hard ones will be like.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Lol , yeah - I thought it was an easy one to begin with , but boy was I wrong ... shame
    Let's hope the next one will be easy ! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Cool! I'll make a clip when I get home later this evening. I'll keep it easy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Wow, that's a rare one. Have never even heard of it before. Only "Shogun" I know, is the Richard Chamberlain mini-series.

Peter smile

Same here. Haven't even heard OF the score before! In my world, this is EXTREMELY obscure.
    I am extremely serious.