• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    I'm assuming everyone who posts on this board loves film music. But I am curious, does anyone on this board want to make a career out of film music? This isn't the case for me. I have never composed my own music. But what about you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I do it several times. I always try to compose my own music but you know, that's not easy to do it. However, i have prepared script, for that i have composed a theme music. smile I am a violinist. So, during my leisure times, either i listen to music or play violin.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. I lack the money, training, and proper compositional knowledge, but I am at least making an effort to learn and try, and as a result I got to score a short film. Same director wants me to do his next (got post poned for various reasons, including a lead injuring himself). The director is also helping on somebody else's short, and will suggest me.

A friend in Canada says I can do the music to an animated short, when and if he ever makes it.

And these passed few weeks I have actively pursued shorts.

So "yes", sort of.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote
    I am a violinist. So, during my leisure times, either i listen to music or play violin.

That is very cool! And a nice surprise even.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    I'm not aiming for a career in music nor do I have musical education, but I've been doing my own compositions for over a year and I daresay I'm doing a pretty good job. We're planning a short self-made animation film here and I hope to use my cues in there and see how it works. Oh, and I like playing acoustic guitar and keyboard. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sunil wrote
    I do it several times. I always try to compose my own music but you know, that's not easy to do it. However, i have prepared script, for that i have composed a theme music. smile I am a violinist. So, during my leisure times, either i listen to music or play violin.

punk

Do you have recordings, and can you let us hear them?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Unfortunately, no. I have a talent for music, no doubt, as I even as a 4-5 year-old was fiddling around on the piano without any adult assistance and created melodies and whatnot, but for some reason my parents didn't nurture that aspect and never hired a teacher for me etc. (which I have confronted them with since), so the musical career was never to be. Now, at age 32, it's obviously too late. At least to be any good.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, at 32 you should be collecting your pension and receiving your bus pass soon! Have you picked out a gravestone yet?
    • CommentAuthoradam
    I'll be bold enough to say that I do intend to make a career as a composer. If I fail, at least I tried, right?

I took nine years of piano as a child and early teen, but, to my parents' and teacher's dismay, never practiced, preferring to just mess around on the keys. About 10 years ago I started making electronic music. I worked on it every day and learned a lot in the process, also teaching myself guitar and playing in a band in the mean time, but my interests gradually changed and in early 2009 led me back to classical music, which is now my focus. Lately I've composed for a few successful short films and one very acclaimed feature, but my music was incidental to the success and acclaim. I want bigger jobs and bigger challenges, and it starts with listening to and loving film music, which is why I'm here!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    I try to compose something once in a while. I say try, because I never complete anything. sad I'm composing for my self at the moment but if get anywhere with my composition I hope to write for TV, films or video games some day. Yeah right. Like that's gonna happen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, at 32 you should be collecting your pension and receiving your bus pass soon! Have you picked out a gravestone yet?

lol

He would if he was married to Angelina Jolie, i.e. if he was a lucky bastard.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    adam wrote
    I'll be bold enough to say that I do intend to make a career as a composer. If I fail, at least I tried, right?

I took nine years of piano as a child and early teen, but, to my parents' and teacher's dismay, never practiced, preferring to just mess around on the keys. About 10 years ago I started making electronic music. I worked on it every day and learned a lot in the process, also teaching myself guitar and playing in a band in the mean time, but my interests gradually changed and in early 2009 led me back to classical music, which is now my focus. Lately I've composed for a few successful short films and one very acclaimed feature, but my music was incidental to the success and acclaim. I want bigger jobs and bigger challenges, and it starts with listening to and loving film music, which is why I'm here!

Adam, by 'electronic music' you mean proper electronic music as it's defined academically, or dance / techno / electronic stuff.

p.s. I want to hear Sunil's music.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    Christodoulides wrote

Adam, by 'electronic music' you mean proper electronic music as it's defined academically, or dance / techno / electronic stuff.

Not electroacoustic university music... some dance, some ambient, some experimental... lots of genres in 10 years.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    If any of the short films are on online, I'd be interested in watching them.
  2. Hi, my name is Bruno Valenti, I`m a film music composer, I`d like to know your opinions about my music. You can check it out in the link below.

www.brunovalenti.net

It`s nice to be here

Best,
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Sounds good Bruno. It would have been nice to have the samples in a higher bit rate though. You could also work on making the tracks sound more like a real orchestra (are you using EWQLSO by any chance?), but by all means, your music is way better than anything I can come up with. smile
  3. Bruno, I liked a couple of the cues on your site. The "Dramatic Trailer" has got to go, in my opinion.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Bregt wrote
    Sunil wrote

punk

Do you have recordings, and can you let us hear them?

I had that recording once. When i was in College, during my holidays, i just take an empty tape and record my own tunes. And i just circulate to my friends to get their opinions. Almost, i received positive replies. Unfortunately, i lost that tape. After that, i never thought of recording my own because i didn't get much time. However, as you insist, i try to record my own favorite tune and will let you all hear that. Just give me time.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BrunoValenti wrote
    Hi, my name is Bruno Valenti, I`m a film music composer, I`d like to know your opinions about my music. You can check it out in the link below.

Very nice clips, "The arabian prince" in particular.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bruno welcome aboard. What libraries / vst are you using?
  4. Me...
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    Me.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  5. Rogers?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    Definitely not me.
    I am extremely serious.