• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    Great stuff Erik - I'm enjoying these suites immensely ...
    Any chance in hearing your SKY CAPTAIN: Fantasy End Credits ?
    THX ! wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Any chance of putting them altogether in one rarred album, Erik?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Any chance of putting them altogether in one rarred album, Erik?

They are... PM me! wink

Eric wrote
    Great stuff Erik - I'm enjoying these suites immensely ...
    Any chance in hearing your SKY CAPTAIN: Fantasy End Credits ?
    THX ! wink

After Short Circuit...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    SHORT CIRCUIT...cool. I saw the film many moons ago, but can't remember anything of the music. Looking forward to a suitified presentation.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. considering I do the same all the time, I thought it was time to put some suites on the net as well, I'm sure most of you don't know how the music sounds like, so these might be very interesting. Here are:

- Animal Farm Suite (Richard Harvey)

- Behind Enemy Lines Suite (Don Davis)

- Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicles VG Suite (Bill Brown)

- Sigfried & Roy: The Magic Box Suite (Alan Silvestri)

- The NeverEnding Story II Suite (Robert Folk)

all are in 320 bit quality, and each one is an epic score, so no soft ones here. I especially recommend Sigfried & Roy (typical Silvestri greatness)

Enjoy smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thanks Thomas ! wink
    Gonna have a listen to those asap ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote I especially recommend Sigfried & Roy (typical Silvestri greatness)

Enjoy smile

Just listened to that one . Great stuff Thomas !
    At a certain moment , about 9 minutes in there's a segment that reminds me of Waterworld by JN Howard ... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote I especially recommend Sigfried & Roy (typical Silvestri greatness)

Enjoy smile

At a certain moment , about 9 minutes in there's a segment that reminds me of Waterworld by JN Howard ... biggrin

Silvestri even steal Williams' grail theme in that score as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    Here is the SHORT CIRCUIT suite. Music by David Shire.

Unfortunately, I couldn't incorporate the fabulous main title music. That's the part of score that first caught my attention back when the film opened. I use to play the main titles over and over again when I finally owned the VHS copy. The electronic orchestrations were fantastic. That being said this suite is still a good representation of the score featuring both exciting and tender portions of the score. Thanks to Varese for finally releasing this hidden gem.

The suite opens with the action track "Getaway/Hello, Bozos" I love the heroic Johnny 5 fanfare on the trumpets. The suites slows down where I feature a wonderful cue called "Night Scene/Joke Triumph." I had to cut the track in half to get to the meat of the cue to feature Shire's lovely string writing. The acion picks up with synth drums in the track "Danger, Nova/Escape Attempt/Aftermath" which then segues beautifully into the "Finale" featuring another wonderful performance of Johnny 5 theme which was used for the end title song "Come and Follow Me." It's delightful 6 minute suite! Enjoy!

SHORT CIRCUIT: SUITE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVC64Vgrik

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Cripes! Lots to catch up with here, I'll try and hear them all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Here are some of mine, to start with. I will be adding some of my film-related stuff too at a later time.

Headhunter (Richard Jacques): good orchestral videogame score with plenty of rhythmic sections and tense underscore. The second half is the main theme from the game.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Ed Lima & Duncan Watt): another videogame score, this was one of the pleasant surprises I've had in recent years. Totally unknown composers but from now on to keep an eye out for. They created a sort of 'Saving Private Ryan' Lite. Too bad the official soundtrack is such a short one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey Thomas, that ANIMAL FARM suite was wonderful! Opened my ears to that score.

And SHORT CIRCUIT was very cool, Erik. I'm not so sure I would have bought the entire soundtrack, as there were bits and pieces of the individual tracks that didn't do much for me, but it was the overall flow that did it. Nice work.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Eric wrote

Enjoy smile

Silvestri even steal Williams' grail theme in that score as well.

-Erik-

Hehe, I knew you would like that one Eric
    and yes Erik, he steels it big time, but I didn't want to post it tongue

Thor wrote
    Hey Thomas, that ANIMAL FARM suite was wonderful! Opened my ears to that score.

it remains one of the very best surprises I ever bought, check out the review here of me, and if you want it in full, I'm just a message away wink
  4. Can't say that Short Circuit rang a bell, like it normally would with films I grew up with. I've seen the film countless times in my youth, and even a couple of years ago, but I just don't remember one second of it. Very strange, but it's a nice enough mix, just nothing I'd buy.

Will be checking out your suites too, bro. Looks there are some genuine mixmasters here ! smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Can't say that Short Circuit rang a bell, like it normally would with films I grew up with. I've seen the film countless times in my youth, and even a couple of years ago, but I just don't remember one second of it. Very strange, but it's a nice enough mix, just nothing I'd buy.

Same here. Can't remember much about the film, other than that the robot at some point goes around in some kind of lab, having to prevent some kind of disaster?!? That's pretty much the only scene I remember.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Here are some of mine, to start with. I will be adding some of my film-related stuff too at a later time.

Headhunter (Richard Jacques): good orchestral videogame score with plenty of rhythmic sections and tense underscore. The second half is the main theme from the game.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Ed Lima & Duncan Watt): another videogame score, this was one of the pleasant surprises I've had in recent years. Totally unknown composers but from now on to keep an eye out for. They created a sort of 'Saving Private Ryan' Lite. Too bad the official soundtrack is such a short one.

Excellent suites. Loved them both...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Can't say that Short Circuit rang a bell, like it normally would with films I grew up with. I've seen the film countless times in my youth, and even a couple of years ago, but I just don't remember one second of it. Very strange, but it's a nice enough mix, just nothing I'd buy.

Same here. Can't remember much about the film, other than that the robot at some point goes around in some kind of lab, having to prevent some kind of disaster?!? That's pretty much the only scene I remember.

Wasn't that Short Circuit 2?

Short Circuit is about Johnny 5, a robot stuck by lightning, who thinks he's alive and befriends Ally Sheedy. Meanwhile, Nova, the company that created the robot are hot on his tail. I love the movie. 80's nostalgia right there!

"Need input!"

-Erik-
  5. Holy Moly Ally Sheedy !! I wonder what happened to her ?

And what happened to Anthony Michael Hall, Emilio Estevez, Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, and many more from the brat pack ????
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Here are some of mine, to start with. I will be adding some of my film-related stuff too at a later time.

Excellent suites. Loved them both...

-Erik-

Thanks bud! BTW it come as a bit of a shock I couldn't upload clips on Youtube that are longer than 10 minutes, that narrows it down quite a bit, but fear not, there are still some more to come ! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Can I ask which program you guys use to make these lovely suites ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Eric wrote
    Can I ask which program you guys use to make these lovely suites ?

I use Adobe Audition 1.5. But you can find a nice free program called Audacity which does a lot of the stuff Audition can.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Erik Woods wrote

I use Adobe Audition 1.5. But you can find a nice free program called Audacity which does a lot of the stuff Audition can.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

-Erik-

THX Erik ! wink
  7. I still use my old and trusted Cool Edit Pro, which has done so many good things for me, music-wise.

It's mixing function is rather simple but very nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    It's basic cut-paste, gluing stuff together and using crossfades for smooth (technically) transitions from one piece to the next. But you have to have a musical ear, pay attention to musical elements like rhythm, tempo, melodies, harmony and all, so that you make smooth, meaningful transitions, as if your suite was written and recorded as just one whole piece.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    considering I do the same all the time, I thought it was time to put some suites on the net as well, I'm sure most of you don't know how the music sounds like, so these might be very interesting. Here are:

- Animal Farm Suite (Richard Harvey)

- Sigfried & Roy: The Magic Box Suite (Alan Silvestri)

- The NeverEnding Story II Suite (Robert Folk)

all are in 320 bit quality, and each one is an epic score, so no soft ones here. I especially recommend Sigfried & Roy (typical Silvestri greatness)

Enjoy smile

Those three are very nicely done, thanks for making me acquainted with them. Again nothing I was familiar with but sampling it like this is always much appreciated. beer
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    It's basic cut-paste, gluing stuff together and using crossfades for smooth (technically) transitions from one piece to the next. But you have to have a musical ear, pay attention to musical elements like rhythm, tempo, melodies, harmony and all, so that you make smooth, meaningful transitions, as if your suite was written and recorded as just one whole piece.

That's right D. The technical side is easy enough, anyone can cut and paste but to actually make it into a consistent whole is something else. As Erik's suites testify, he has that ability and I can't wait to find out what he is cutting up and pasting together while I'm sleeping.

Which is what I'm about to do (sleep that is), but not before sharing some more.

Great Expectations (Patrick Doyle)

La Casa Bruciata (Ennio Morricone)

Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (Brian Tyler)

Enjoy and let's keep this topic alive. It inspires me !!!! beer

Off to bed now. wave
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    SHORT CIRCUIT: SUITE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVC64Vgrik

Thanks, Erik, for putting this together. I've not heard this score before but I enjoyed your suite.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. DreamTheater wrote

ah Headhunter, what a crappy game vomit, but what an excellent score punk , nice suite bro

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway sounds really nice by the way, but soft shocked wink
  12. Thomas Glorieux wrote

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway sounds really nice by the way, but soft shocked wink

What do you mean, soft as in not ballsy, actiony enough or soft, as in too low volume? I like the fact it's not another bombastic militaristic score. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  13. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

What do you mean, soft as in not ballsy, actiony enough or soft, as in too low volume? I like the fact it's not another bombastic militaristic score. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

soft as in no action music, I was expecting something else, but that doesn't mean it's bad