• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well there is some action music using the main theme motif, but it's not in the suite.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    Here's my very first little attempt ...
    I'm still finding my way around Audacity ...

Doctor Who Suite - Murray Gold

The tracks used are The Doctor's Theme , Slitheen , Finding Jackie , Rose's Theme and a portion of Doomsday .
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited
    Eric wrote

The tracks used are The Doctor's Theme , Slitheen , Finding Jackie , Rose's Theme and a portion of Doomsday .

Thank, but Rapidshare is a pain in the ass. You couldn't possibly put it out on a different filesharing system, could you? (see above for other suggestions). That would be mighty cool, since I'm very interested in hearing your suite.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    Thor wrote
    Eric wrote

Thank, but Rapidshare is a pain in the ass. You couldn't possibly put it out on a different filesharing system, could you? (see above for other suggestions). That would be mighty cool, since I'm very interested in hearing your suite.

Shure , here's a Sendspace link .
    If you have any more problems just yell ! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Eric wrote
    Thor wrote
    Eric wrote

Shure , here's a Sendspace link .
    If you have any more problems just yell ! wink

Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know what I think about it once I've heard it! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I listened to your DR. WHO suite, Eric, and really liked it. However, I would have loved to hear Martha Jones' haunting theme, which is my favourite bit of music from the whole show.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thor wrote
    I listened to your DR. WHO suite, Eric, and really liked it. However, I would have loved to hear Martha Jones' haunting theme, which is my favourite bit of music from the whole show.

I'm glad you liked it Thor . Don't worry , it was a kind of a test for me - there will be another version or a follow up soon . Dr. Who has some great themes and to incorporate them all in one suite would be cool but maybe overlong . Martha's Theme is indeed superb and also one of my fav's . I'm gonna thinker around some more with the music so stay tuned ... wink
  2. A couple of extra suites, placed on Youtube, people who like what they hear can always get the real stuff with me (suite or full score)

Enjoy

- The Orphanage (Fernando Velazquez)

- Toy Soldiers (Robert Folk)

- Beastmaster 2 (Robert Folk)

Recommended are the 2 Robert Folk suites, for those who miss the good old days orchestral action / adventure music was written by people who knew what they were doing, man I miss Folk even more now. What a wizard cool

oh and Velazquez suite isn't bad either wink

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can't recommend

- The Orphanage (Fernando Velazquez)

enough. One of the most wonderful scores i've heard during the last few years.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hadn't seen this topic for some reason.

Am I beyond reason?
    Kazoo
  3. And you say you run this place ??? face-palm-mt
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Might I just say this little topic is a great way to sample some of the unknown music out there... Maybe I'll just do some purchases based on these bloody good mixes. cheesy

Eric wrote

Great mix mate, if this is your first attempt I'm very impressed. Lovely choice of music as well. Keep it up !beer

@ Thomas: Love the Toy Soldiers suite, you done good with the structuring. The build-up is awesome !!!

And here is one I just made: a mix from the best action motifs heard in the videogame 'Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb'. The score by Clint Bajakian is very heavy on the action, and this suite features some of the most intense and rousing pieces. I'm sure you'll agree that it blows Williams' Crystal Skull music out of the water.

Emperor's Tomb Kickass Action Suite

Enjoy and till next time !
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    I love epic action adventure scores and so my LARGER THAN LIFE compilation (FRONT and BACK) was a perfect way for me to create a high energy album from films with Larger Than Life characters.

I opened up the album with my SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW Fantasy End Credits. Since the original soundtrack recording album didn’t featuring an original end credit suite (there is one edited together at the end of the credits in the film) I thought I’d create one featuring all of the Shearmur’s major themes. I opened the suite up with the latter half of “Back To Earth.” This then segues nicely into “Finding Frankie” which features an awesome rendition of the Manta Squadron theme. I then go back to “Back To Earth” but start that track off at the beginning. Once I hit the middle portion of that track I end the suite off with the Sky Captain Main Title theme heard in the opening track “The World of Tomorrow.” Enjoy!

SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW: FANTASY END CREDITS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGHWIuwf00

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Bregt wrote
    I hadn't seen this topic for some reason.

Am I beyond reason?

DreamTheater wrote
    And you say you run this place ??? face-palm-mt

biggrin
  5. Erik, Sky Captain: another classic suite ! smile

Very tightly edited, hugely enjoyable ! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sky captain is indeed KICK ASS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    I love epic action adventure scores and so my LARGER THAN LIFE compilation (FRONT and BACK) was a perfect way for me to create a high energy album from films with Larger Than Life characters.

I opened up the album with my SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW Fantasy End Credits. Since the original soundtrack recording album didn’t featuring an original end credit suite (there is one edited together at the end of the credits in the film) I thought I’d create one featuring all of the Shearmur’s major themes. I opened the suite up with the latter half of “Back To Earth.” This then segues nicely into “Finding Frankie” which features an awesome rendition of the Manta Squadron theme. I then go back to “Back To Earth” but start that track off at the beginning. Once I hit the middle portion of that track I end the suite off with the Sky Captain Main Title theme heard in the opening track “The World of Tomorrow.” Enjoy!

SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW: FANTASY END CREDITS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGHWIuwf00

-Erik-

But no selections from Miles Goodman's LARGER THAN LIFE? wink
    I am extremely serious.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    @ Thomas: Love the Toy Soldiers suite, you done good with the structuring. The build-up is awesome !!!

I must say, I'm quite pleased with this one, so thank you smile
  7. Eric wrote

nice suite Eric, it's funny how two different people would pick different moments to make a suite of the same score smile , still good job. Keep playing with Audacity, you hear me? beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm trying to do a Lost suite. I know exactly what music I want to use, but it's all in different keys. cry
  8. Anthony wrote
    I'm trying to do a Lost suite. I know exactly what music I want to use, but it's all in different keys. cry

the rule of the game is, no more than 5 themes okay? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's my second problem. shame
  9. Hey guys,

just thought i would share this because it might not be accessible via my youtube account:

Back To The Future - Suite from the Original Motion Picture Score

hope you enjoy it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Wow video and all, I'll be checking it out later... Thanks BigMac (damn you have one cool name) punk

Here is another I made a while back. Standard file-share.

12 minutes of unreleased MOONWALKER greatness. I hope this mix can make Bruce Broughton proud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Wow video and all, I'll be checking it out later... Thanks BigMac (damn you have one cool name) punk

Here is another I made a while back. Standard file-share.

12 minutes of unreleased MOONWALKER greatness. I hope this mix can make Bruce Broughton proud.

Thanks for that! According to my Windows Media Player, this is - yet again - THE SWAN PRINCESS! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Time to give your PC a good old clean-up Thor. The Swan Princess this most definitely is not. wink
  11. BigMacGyver wrote
    Hey guys,

just thought i would share this because it might not be accessible via my youtube account:

hope you enjoy it wink

Just watched this, wonderfully done. Some cool video to audio editing there, like the theme statement when Marty escapes the bullies with his skateboard or the big finale, and I loved the little epilogue at the end, containing random scenes from this beloved film. I may have to revisit this classic trilogy sometime. Great job man, you can never fail with such unforgettable music !!! punk
  12. BigMacGyver wrote
    Hey guys,

hope you enjoy it wink

hey man, this was awesome. Some brilliant editing there, and indeed with such music this can never fail. Awesome man, totally awesome

Ps, I was wondering, which tool do you need to rip DVD in such good quality like that, I want to do this too you know smile

can you tell which software is able to do this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    BigMacGyver wrote
    Hey guys,

hope you enjoy it wink

FAB job BigMacGyver !
    THX for sharing ... wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    Here are two suites I've made to my favourite Desplat scores, Largo Winch and Hostage.