• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Blocked for me as well. I'm in the U.S.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    DAMMIT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    Ok... here we go!

BATMAN FOREVER: SUITE
    http://vimeo.com/11909780

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010 edited
    THE THREE MUSKETEERS: SUITE
    Music by Michael Kamen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tLTBVPVIY

This was another fun edit which took a few versions to get right. It’s pretty basic stuff because Kamen’s music always has a ton of natural pauses which allows you to end one piece and start another seamlessly. This suite has four cuts. We start with a brief statement from “D’Artagnan” which leads us into a great action cue called “Sword Fight”. “Sword Fight” ends and the latter half of “Cannonballs” begins. As “Cannonballs” ends I needed something to bridge that track and the finale from “The Fourth Musketeer” So, I took a snippet from “Athos, Porthos and Aramis” (the choir) which allowed me to get to the last moment of “The Fourth Musketeer” which features a wonderful rendition of the “All For One” theme. This is a fun and playful suite.

-Erik-
  2. Funny how eriks musketeers suite ends almost exactly as the one i did some time ago. I also used that choral snippet but made a transition to the end coda instead of utilizing the break. I will re-upload the suite soon for comparison.
  3. And here it is. This is the original length. When i had this one on youtube, i had to cut some of the middle section due to youtubes length restriction:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde2qs … uite_music
  4. EDIT: NEW LINK, SONG REMOVED

"In the Heat of the Night"
    (Quincy Jones)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjRvyBEQeVs

The edited suite includes the Ray Charles song at the beginning, edited down some to keep the suite as far under ten minutes as I could.

You can read my review of the score right here on MainTitles.

Curious to hear what people think of the score.

Anybody up for a suite from another unreleased Silvestri score?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010 edited
    Blocked. angry

Shouldn't we all just give up on youtube and use an file sharing utility instead? It takes the time to download entirely but blocking should be a thing of the past, I hope.

I use mediafire btw, no blocking here, all my uploads are still intact.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Says in my account that it is blocked in some countries. Bet you 100% that's because of the Ray Charles song. I'll edited the suite now and reupload it minus the song.
  6. Removing the song fixed it. Only one hit since I fixed it early this morning, so I guess there isn't much interest in that score and/or Jones here.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010
    If any of you are pulling an all nighter to see the finale live, or even if you're not, enjoy some special Lost suites I've created for each of the seasons! They combine many of the season highlights in roughly 12 minutes each.

I haven't listened to some of the season 1 and 2 music in ages and it still manages to bring me to tears in places, powerful stuff! It hasn't set in yet, but I am really going to miss this.

I think one, three and four turned out the best.

Lost Season One Suite
    (9:57)
    Lost Season Two Suite (8:39)
    Lost Season Three Suite (12:46)
    Lost Season Four Suite (12:03)
    Lost Season Five Suite (10:48)

(I'm still uploading season 5 as I write this so give it ten minutes and it'll be done).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    If any of you are pulling an all nighter to see the finale live..

....live from Hawaii? uhm
  7. Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Sky One are showing it in the small hours(?) in a "change to the listed schedules" - 24th May 5am.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    If any of you are pulling an all nighter to see the finale live, or even if you're not, enjoy some special Lost suites I've created for each of the seasons! They combine many of the season highlights in roughly 12 minutes each.

I haven't listened to some of the season 1 and 2 music in ages and it still manages to bring me to tears in places, powerful stuff! It hasn't set in yet, but I am really going to miss this.

Lost Season One Suite

(I'm still uploading season 5 as I write this so give it ten minutes and it'll be done).

Thanks Ant, I'll give these a listen tomorrow. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thank you so much Anthony!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Sky One are showing it in the small hours(?) in a "change to the listed schedules" - 24th May 5am.

Good lord. face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited
    wrong thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Great Three Musketeers suite, Erik. You have truly captured many of the finest moments in the score. As some of you might remember this is one of my favourite scores and one that I still listen to quite often. I really enjoyed to hear it in a slightly altered form. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote

Lost Season One Suite

Good suites, and I like that they start with the Lost titles "music". Though personally I'd prefer a bit more action and at least 'Hurley's Handouts' somewhere in the suite. Good overview of the romantic, emotional music... but not enough of the action and tension I'd say?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    You have the Hurley's Handouts theme in the season 2 suite.

Even though it's technically The Lone Hugo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is it? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. dizzy

Anyway, it's encouraged me to listen to the soundtracks again, which is a good thing.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I spent ages trying to do individual character suites (Locke especially) but they were so darn hard to get all bits I wanted to join together. I tried to focus more on the music from the important scenes from the show rather than adding a lot of suspense music in. Might have ago at some more suites at some point though (maybe one based on The Others music or a fat action one).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    You have the Hurley's Handouts theme in the season 2 suite.

Even though it's technically The Lone Hugo.

Actually, the cue is called "Hurley's Large and in Charge!"

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Or 'Shambala' for that matter. One of the most pleasant cues Giacchino wrote for Lost.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You mean Chad Seiter wrote for Lost. wink
  8. I've enjoyed those LOST suites Anthony. Thanks for putting them together.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    You mean Chad Seiter wrote for Lost. wink

Goddammit. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

He also wrote the awesome Expose TV theme.
  9. Nicely done Erik. I would prefer to list to your compact Three Musketeers Suite, rather than the whole score anyway. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cool... but the rest of the score is just as good!

-Erik-