• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nautilus wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Sometimes, it's a good thing we're not all in the same room when listening to a score...

You didn't say this the past night... Little Pussy!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Humor FAIL.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010
    (I think Jordi didn't realise Justin is a bloke's name)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    justin boggan wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Sometimes, it's a good thing we're not all in the same room when listening to a score...

Humor FAIL.

I didn't fail....You answered. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Nautilus wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Humor FAIL.

I didn't fail....You answered. tongue

Comprehension FAIL.

Strike two.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited
    TREVOR MORRIS - the tudors season 3

Zimmer inspired dramatic long chords and ostinati, generally medium to slow rythms, deep low brass and celli / contrabass. Occasionally wordless female vocals, middle-eastern style but very subtle. Some cue highlights standout like for instance "Elizabeth arrives at court" and "a howling wilderness", the rest is pleasant background listen, not demanding. The occasional Gladiator rips also included ("a fight in court").
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010
    JOSEPH LODUCA - army of darkness

Awesome, incredible symphonic power under a hideous recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost: the final season

I've got no words!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I am SO making that Temple concert suite later on. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited
    I don't remember such LOT and GREAT music in season 6! The Hole Shebang and Moving on for instance are 2 of the best compositions he ever put out!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Temple And Taxi, Door Jammer, The Lighthouse, Jacob's Advocate, World's Worst Car Wash and Kool-Aid claire are my personal favs.
  3. The two tracks you mention are on my favourites playlist already.

Reviewing all the Lost scores over the last couple of days I'm reminded just how much "ambient" (for want of a better word) the music is. Highlights to me how integrated the music must be to the on-screen happernings.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Agreed, the season six soundtrack suffers in places by being very driven by what's on screen, and ultimately isn't that interesting on CD. I'm going to cut down some cues as even for me this is a bit much!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But there are standout cues like the ones above and Richard's / Desmond's music which almost beats any other season and / or is at the same level with the best music he's written for the show. Edit them a bit out, those uninteresting cues, and you have one amazing album.
  4. BTW, I just wanted to make sure people understand that when I say "ambient" I do not mean "bad".

I've still never seen any episodes of Lost. Now that it's at the end I may pick up a DVD set when they are cheaper. Same with Battlestar Galactica.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    BTW, I just wanted to make sure people understand that when I say "ambient" I do not mean "bad".

I've still never seen any episodes of Lost. Now that it's at the end I may pick up a DVD set when they are cheaper. Same with Battlestar Galactica.

Is this a complete set for Battlestar Galactica?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BTW, I just wanted to make sure people understand that when I say "ambient" I do not mean "bad".

It appears to be.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote

...unless you happen to generally dislike ambient. (Like I do wink )

Not entirely true, by the way: I am a complete sucker for Franke's work on Babylon 5 and Kyd's scoring of the Hitman game series, both of which definitely are very ambient.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Temple And Taxi, Door Jammer, The Lighthouse, Jacob's Advocate, World's Worst Car Wash and Kool-Aid claire are my personal favs.

I love that percussion and brass in "Door Jammer", damn this is some fine listening here, all the morning i've been driving the neighbours crazy with this smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have you listened to The Lighthouse yet? Possible contender for best cue. Better than Jacob's Advocate... wink wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Have you listened to The Lighthouse yet? Possible contender for best cue. Better than Jacob's Advocate... wink wink

Of course, 3rd time down this album. "The lighthouse" is genuinely creepy and epic, trademarked LOST sound. Excellent. But i think it's hard to top the 2 bonus tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i've marked 21 kick ass cues till now. Bliss.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Moving On is great but The Hole Shebang just sounds like noise to me. Will have to listen to it again, although I think I'll enjoy the finale music a lot more once we have a lot more of it!
  6. Scribe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It appears to be.

Cheers!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost: the final season

I've got no words!

I have.

but I'll keep them to myself biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 5

Having played season 6's 2cd's 3 times today, i am moving backwards. The darker series of them all (music-wise), a repetition of previously presented material, but in a rawer way. Contains a lot of cues that many not familiar with the series will characterize as 'underscore' but there's a lot of good stuff in there for fans of the series, even if it was not so prominent in there, but mostly on the cd. "blessings and bombs", "together or not together", "follow the leader", "alex in chains", "the incident" are all top Lost material.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is season 4 still your favourite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    4 and 6, very closely together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Season 1 for me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That is very strong too but i love the themes in 4 and 6 a bit more smile