• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    Matt C wrote
    NP: Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Giacchino)

No offense, but I think I prefer Giacchino's video game scores over his film scores

Couldn´t agree more.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Medicine Man (Goldsmih)

Another sunny Day! A perfect score for today!

The love theme is gorgeous, some synth elements are mindblowing (first morning) and the action stuff (the harvester) is powerful.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Matt, I completely agree. beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Matt C wrote
    NP: Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Giacchino)

No offense, but I think I prefer Giacchino's video game scores over his film scores

Couldn´t agree more.

Yup!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd agree too were it not for Ratatouille, The Incredibles, and Star Trek.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

MOH and SWON are better than all three.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010 edited
    NP: The Best of the Star Wars Saga - Personal Playlist - John Williams

I'll making breakfast to the wonderful sounds of the London Symphony Orchestra playing some of the best film music ever composed. I'm also waiting to buy tickets to the Star Wars Concert which comes to Hamilton this June. I'm going to bring the boy with me who every day asks me to "play the Star Wars song. I like that one!"

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

They're not. I have empirical data to back it up.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    ..."play the Star Wars song. I like that one!"

Meco's "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band" by any chance? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ..."play the Star Wars song. I like that one!"

Meco's "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band" by any chance? wink

Well, he calls the Cantina Band the "bar song." The Star Wars song that he likes is the concert "Main Title."

-Erik-

PS - The Imperial March just came on and a big grin appeared on Liam's face. He just ran up stairs to tell Mommy that "Darth Vader is on!" I love this kid!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    PS - The Imperial March just came on and a big grin appeared on Liam's face. He just ran up stairs to tell Mommy that "Darth Vader is on!" I love this kid!

If it doesn't sound too wrong, Erik, so do I!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

How sweet! smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Dances With Wolves - John Barry

One of THE greatest scores ever composed!

-Erik-

FACT!

Seconded.

Just finished the first disc of Ennio Morricone's Marco Polo and now just put in Cinema Paradiso.
    No wonder this one won some awards,it truly deserves it.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Erik Woods wrote

cheesy Can he sing the notes yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tintin wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

cheesy Can he sing the notes yet?

Yes! And he can play the Star Wars melody on the piano!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: 3:10 to Yuma (beltrami)

Terrific.

This could have been a perfect score for Alone In the Dark 3.
  3. NP: The Mask of Dimitrios - Adolph Deutsch

Doing a bit of research reminding myself of some other scores from 1944. But, as it's this year it's a bit of a foregone conclusion which title will be chosen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Really?
    Hmmm...I wouldn't be able to pick an easy winner from '44... (although I certainly have a favourite)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote
    ...although I certainly have a favourite)

Which is all I'm looking for!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Mask of Dimitrios - Adolph Deutsch

Adolph... Deutsch?

Is that a pseudonym? uhm
  5. smile

You wouldn't get away with calling yourself that now! But back in 1897 it wasn't a problem. And he's English!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    smile

You wouldn't get away with calling yourself that now! But back in 1897 it wasn't a problem. And he's English!

Like Gustav Holst, a lovely English name as the pub landlord would say.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

I'd agree with you on all of them -- except for The Incredibles. Love the movie and score. Star Trek is a wonderful movie, but the score is the weakest aspect IMO.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

I'd agree with you on all of them -- except for The Incredibles. Love the movie and score. Star Trek is a wonderful movie, but the score is the weakest aspect IMO.

No, the plot is. Though I'm willing to forgive it because of its style, the design, the well cast actors and of course the music. Just a very entertaining film! (If you can ignore the gaping plot holes.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Cutthroat Island - John Debney

One real kickass orchestral powerhouse. cool punk
  6. No it's not... it's incredibly dull...

I have no problems catching z's when that one is playing. sleep

If I listen to it at all. vomit

Seriously what are you on? shocked

Aaaaah scratch that:

Cutthroat Island is monstrous fun

punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Dances With Wolves - John Barry

One of THE greatest scores ever composed!

-Erik-

FACT!

Seconded.

Just finished the first disc of Ennio Morricone's Marco Polo and now just put in Cinema Paradiso.
    No wonder this one won some awards,it truly deserves it.

Beautiful. I've got it on vinyl 3 months ago and i've enjoyed it since.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Dances with Wolves on vinyl? Cool! 2 LPs?

NP Millenium Zimmer, Mancina and JVT

I haven't listen to this one in a while. The all synths and percussion works but I would have prefered it with some orchestra mixed in to give it some depths. It is very lyrical, a catchy main theme you can whistle and a secondary theme that would be the inspiration for The Lion King a few years later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    Breakheart Pass - Jerry Goldsmith

A fantastic and catchy Main Theme but some of the other tracks sound a bit generic in comparison .
    But when Mr. Goldsmith adapts that same Main Title idea into some of the non-title portions of the score , it delivers BIG time !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    NP:The Two Towers (Shore)

My favourite is return of the king, but I wanted to Play "evenstar" and rohan's theme a lot today.

Dammit!

I have problems with this trilogy. The action stuff annoys me (Specially the Urukai motif), and the "wagnerian" notes really bores me. But then.....there are some of the best themes composed in the recent years and the choral composition and vocalists solos are really mindblowing!

Some day I have to listen these scores and make my own playlist! there is some of the most beautiful music ever composed in the middle of so many boring stuff.

"Rohan's theme" punk punk