• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Forgotten?
    By whom? confused

I love it. love

And I love you love
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    kiss We have a pan-European love thing going on. kiss
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote

I´d be careful if I were you Martijn. Jordi is single now....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. NP: 'Breaking of the Fellowship (alternate version)' Fellowship of the Ring (Howard Shore)

A more concert-style reading of this material, this is a gorgeous piece in both versions. One of Shore's best.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited
    Np: Italian Job (Powell)

Boat Chase punk punk

A new plan punk punk punk

Tunner run punk punk

Chopper chase punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Angels and Demons - Hans Zimmer

It's been about the 4th-5th time I listened to this score and the first time when I actually liked most of what I was hearing. The first two tracks and the last two tracks are the highlights.
    Still, I don't think it will become a favourite of mine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    keky wrote

It's been about the 4th-5th time I listened to this score and the first time when I actually liked most of what I was hearing. The first two tracks and the last two tracks are the highlights.

wroooooooooooooooooooooong!

this one of the best Zimmer scores ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    keky wrote

But you don't like one of the best (and long) tracks on that album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    keky wrote

But you don't like one of the best (and long) tracks on that album.

well...I find the first 4 minutes rather boring , and the last 2 a copy and paste from "journey to the line" and "A way of sword". I like the other 6 minutes tongue

But my favourite track is "fire" I love this sampled bells from the vatican !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've hardly played any music of any kind this week, sometimes it's good to build up a hunger.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. You're building up to something like, I don't know......

..... Krull ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

Ow... sad

THE MISSION | ennio morricone

Playing it all week. Last time I listened to this score, it was also for one week straight.
    Kazoo
  3. So that's two weeks straight of listening to The Mission? Impressive !! tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

Ow... sad

Don't worry. Not for very long....

I only need 5 minutes talking with Stavroula... love

Then I only need 4 more hours. tongue

NP:Histoire d'O: Chapitre 2 (Zimmer)
  4. I'm listening to some of Goldsmith's westerns. I've actually never heard any of them, so I'm in for a new experience. Actually, I'm not sure that I've ever heard any of the older westerns. The only western scores I'm familiar with have all been in the last 25 years. I know the classic themes, yeah, but I've never heard any full classic western scores, so this is cool!

So the Goldsmith westerns that I've recently acquired are: 100 Rifles, Take a Hard Ride, Bandolero!, Rio Conchos, Bad Girls (a little later score, but still western), Rio Lobo, and Wild Rovers (listening to this one now and I'm impressed!).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    You're building up to something like, I don't know......

..... Krull ?

You mean KRRRRRRRRRRRUUUULLLL!

Good idea but I still haven't played anything.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

Ow... sad

...to find your balls back? angelic
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited
    NP Sorority Row (Lucian Piane)

Love it to discover a good score by an unknown composer unexpectedly. Orchestral, powerful and original horror scoring. The thing that has caught my attention during the film's main titles is how well does the composer mix his original music with the usual songs we get in these kind of horror productions. Bravo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

Ow... sad

...to find your balls back? angelic

applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I'm currently reading the second installment of the trilogy The Girl Who Played With Fire but I don't like it as well at least so far. I'm about 250 pages into it. The music I like a lot.
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited
    BEAR MCCREARY - battlestar galactica season 4

I know i am probably alone with this, but i find it a very tiring listen. I can't really get through the entire first cd alone and in comparison, i think it's the weakest of the 5 (including the plan/razor), especially the far superior of all third instalment.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ...thankfully though, those few times i am not discouraged and actually decide to continue down this path but with the 2nd CD which is far more suited to my tastes, i get rewarded with stuff like Kara's coordinates which is pretty kick ass.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - John Barry

Some wonderfully exciting Bond exotica before hitting the pub punk cool
  5. Two scores on the player today (so far), for review, which will make three reviews coming your way later, Bregt.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    BEAR MCCREARY - battlestar galactica season 4

I know i am probably alone with this, but i find it a very tiring listen. I can't really get through the entire first cd alone and in comparison, i think it's the weakest of the 5 (including the plan/razor), especially the far superior of all third instalment.

Christodoulides wrote
    ...thankfully though, those few times i am not discouraged and actually decide to continue down this path but with the 2nd CD which is far more suited to my tastes, i get rewarded with stuff like Kara's coordinates which is pretty kick ass.

I have a problem with the second disc and not the first. The first holds some of the shows most memorable music IMO. Disc 2 nearly puts me to sleep.
  7. Timmer wrote
    NP : YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - John Barry

Some wonderfully exciting Bond exotica before hitting the pub punk cool

It has some kickass moments, check the specially made suite I posted some days ago, but overall I would say it's a little too much on the soft side, and quite repetitive in nature. That suite definitely has the best music for me. I much more enjoy Diamond are Forever, which I've just ordered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010 edited
    Species - Chris Young

Somewhat of a disappointment after two listens. Can't get into the ambient stuff, though the theme is always great to listen to. But it's played too fast, I've grown so used to the version on the 'Space and Beyond compilation (Prague Philharmonic)' which is performed twice as slow, and much more brooding and beautiful as a result. This score is just not made for me. sad

Clear and Present Danger - James Horner

Always a joy to hear... exciting from the first cue and melodic like only Horner's 90s template was able to offer. Nobody can build up a great action cue like James can, 'The Ambush' sounds like you're being ambushed by an increasing amount of instruments and sonic attacks as the cue progresses, resulting in a hugely satisfying climax. If only Avatar had just one cue like that, I would be willing to listen to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010
    No, Avatar has something even better. It's called 'Quaritch Down'.