• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010 edited
    NP : THE BLUE MAX - Jerry Goldsmith

I just had to play this again, a genuine classic and brilliant score, glorious stuff! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    I haven't been home in a while to check my mail. Did everyone get their copy of The Blue Max already? I'll be home tomorrow and I'm hoping it'll be there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The one I'm playing above is the new Intrada release, considering I live in the UK it came through incredibly fast.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I ordered it through the MM.com site the night of the pre-order announcement. Hoping it'll be there tomorrow when I'm home. I love that score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

I just had to play this again, a genuine classic and brilliant score, glorious stuff! punk

It's just played track 17, Retreat, which takes me back to when I was a kid ( about 16-17 ) and I'd play this track and The Attack over and over again, those particular grooves on the LP were well worn down biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I imagine that makes it quite special. I think it's fantastic too, but I'll probably 'reach' for the 16 minute suite on the Suites & Themes album more than the OST.

Ocean's 13 David Holmes

An enjoyable album, and great to have on in the background. cool
  1. NP: Legion (John Frizzell)

not particulary exciting
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Fly Away Home (Complete) - Mark Isham

Simply beautiful , this remains one of my all time favourites !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010 edited
    NP: Tokyo Drift - Brian Tyler

My favorite Tyler album, I think. The themes are nice and Asian/ethnic instrumentation are a nice touch. Though it's still 5-10 minutes longer than I like, the different genre mixes in the score helps immensely with the listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's just played track 17, Retreat, which takes me back to when I was a kid ( about 16-17 ) and I'd play this track and The Attack over and over again, those particular grooves on the LP were well worn down biggrin

Aaaahhh, you're breaking my heart!
    I love this score but missed out on the deluxe. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's one of my favourites, I just had to have it.
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    NP: CRANFORD - Carl Davis I wanted something sweet and light, and the first and last parts of the CD qualify, but the middle sort of dragged a bit.
  2. For a fourth time, "The Journey of Natty Gann" (Horner).

I can't say it enough: what a fucking fantastic score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote

That's no good! Sunil says a tsunami is coming to wipe us all out ( obviously true ), I'd suggest a mountain top.

That will also do nothing. Because tsunami do hit mountain top. You know this year December 25th, Tsumani will strike your place. In fact, i had vision like this, that you are running towards mountain top ( your profile picture completely fits biggrin ) but still then you couldn't escape and very pity that you wiped out by tsunami. So, here is my suggestion, you just arrange for spacecraft, because that's the only option you got to save your ass. Don't forget! December 25th, 2010. biggrin

All the best! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ta mate! I've written that in my diary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    GOOD! applause kiss
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  3. Eric wrote
    Fly Away Home (Complete) - Mark Isham

Simply beautiful , this remains one of my all time favourites !

indeed, it's time they release this score as well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Katiek wrote
    NP: CRANFORD - Carl Davis I wanted something sweet and light, and the first and last parts of the CD qualify, but the middle sort of dragged a bit.

I felt the same when I listened to this. Davis' theme for Cranford is lovely but the middle portion of the CD was a bit samey.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Un Homme Et Son Chien Philippe Rombi

Apparently, according to IMDb, this was a 2008 movie? Huh, I thought it was a 2009 movie? Anyway, whatever it is, it's one of my favourites from the last two years. One of my favourites from a few years in fact!

At times, Rombi's music is very similiar to Williams. That's not to say he's copying Williams, it's a little more subtle than that, and I mean it as a compliment. I'm guessing it's more a case of his classical training rather than purposefully emulating Williams - it's undeniably Rombi's style throughout.

Oh, and the theme... THE THEME!!
    love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The themes are his strongest point (not that there actually is a weak point in any of his music). Have you heard the theme for Ricky?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yep, also wonderful. (Not that it has any bearing on the music, but I can't say I like the artwork. baby )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DAYBREAKERS | christopher gordon

Oh yes! Starts very dark (and sightly dramatic), but by the end of the first track, the spectacle is starting. Pity the balance between the moody parts is not really a pity, since it really helps to enhance the second half of the album.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote

Oh yes! Starts very dark (and sightly dramatic), but by the end of the first track, the spectacle is starting. Pity the balance between the moody parts is not really a pity, since it really helps to enhance the second half of the album.

Along with MAO's LAST DANCER, he's managed to produce two of the most interesting scores this year. Mao's especially, has some brilliant moments in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

Indeed. At first, I wasn't too sure about the 'moody' parts, but now I've become quite accustomed to them. Saying that, not everyone will enjoy over an hour's worth of moody music, so this is a playlist I made for a mate who enjoys scores, but appreciates shorter albums, especially for these types of scores (no, it's not Thor):

Humans
    On The Run
    The Winery And The Cafe
    Fermentation Tank
    Ambush
    Resurrection
    Blood Brothers
    In The Sun
    Spreading The Cure
    Daybreak
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote

This one is next on my playlist for today, and yes, I do like moody scores. Anyways, right now I'm giving my first listen to FSM's new release....

NP : ISLANDS IN THE STREAM - Jerry Goldsmith

I used to have the boot of this once ( it was combined with The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, both had very poor sound ) so it's great to hear this with quality cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

This one is next on my playlist for today, and yes, I do like moody scores. Anyways, right now I'm giving my first listen to FSM's new release....

NP : ISLANDS IN THE STREAM - Jerry Goldsmith

I used to have the boot of this once ( it was combined with The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, both had very poor sound ) so it's great to hear this with quality cool

What a wonderful score, this, and THE BLUE MAX are easily the two best purchases I've made this year so far and I suspect will be still high on my list come the end of 2010. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL - Paul Cantelon

I was going to play Gordon's Daybreakers but it can wait for the moment ( Mel is going out soon and I have a strong feeling that it'll be the kind of score she'll hate and I want to play it LOUD! wink )

Anyway, Cantelon's score is lovely, this is the best "new" score I've listened to so far this year, wonderfully melodic, lyrical and at times dark with some parts conjouring, for me, John Barry's 1970's sound as heard in Mary, Queen of Scots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Un Homme Et Son Chien Philippe Rombi

[blue]Apparently, according to IMDb, this was a 2008 movie? Huh, I thought it was a 2009 movie?

It made it's debut at a small French film festival in 2008 but didn't make it's official debut until January of 2009.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King Howard Shore

I always associate the complete releases with my long runs, and after already listening to Fellowship and Towers it was time for King to be played. But this one outdid me. It outdid everything. I ran fourteen miles and I only got up to "The Land Of Shadow". How could there possibly be 57 more minutes of music?! dizzy

I think this is one release that is doomed by it's length. The quality of the music is superb, but my head wanted to explode and I was only three quarters through. :bang:

Fellowship fits nicely into a half marathon ending just around the time I do, and for that I think it still remains my favourite.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DAYBREAKERS - Christopher Gordon

First listen.