• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. That's bait for you. They keep throwing it in until some poor fish chomps on it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010 edited
    NP:Zimmer live in Ghent

The Whole concert.

Why The Battle and Roll Tide is not in the official Album??? it's a mysteri. Since Driving Miss daysi had a terrible piano performance, and it's replaced by an electric guitar solo in the commercial album.

Anyway. Nice to hear a orchestral version of Drving miss daysi. A score with a great theme but with terrible dated sampled instruments.

this concert is worth to listen only for:

Driving miss daysi: for the reasons I said above.
    The Battle: much more orchestral, even with the wrong notes, than the original recording.
    Roll Tide: Crimson tide goes fully orchestral? oh Yeah! (specially with 2 beers and being in your office!)
    Thunderbird: fantastic 7 minutes piece!
    True Romance: a curios rearrengement of the original piece. Addictive in the same way!
  2. I liek how you spel daysi. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010
    Ms Day-zee and she's be a chart act.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That 'i' in Jordys post is very naughty today.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I am in John Powell mood today, played so far -

Bolt
    The Bourne Supremacy
    The Bourne Ultimatum
    Horton Hears A Who!
    Happy Feet
    Kung Fu Panda
    Robots
    Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
    Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
    Stop Loss
    United 93

NP: Shrek - Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Transformers Complete Score - Steve Jablonsky

Most of the unreleased material are pretty good, especially the unused stuff and demos. A full 79 minutes album would work in its favor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    I am in John Powell mood today, played so far -

Bolt
    The Bourne Supremacy
    The Bourne Ultimatum
    Horton Hears A Who!
    Happy Feet
    Kung Fu Panda
    Robots
    Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
    Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
    Stop Loss
    United 93

NP: Shrek - Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell

cool

Remember to add Antz to that list and Face/Off and Forces of Nature as well cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Or just Antz and Forces of Nature if you want to stick to relatively decent music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Or just Antz and Forces of Nature if you want to stick to relatively decent music.

He likes his music to be naughty as well. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Who doesn't?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Land Before Time - James Horner

A beautiful , mysterious & playful Horner score .
    I don't play it very often but when I do it's an absolute joy ... smile
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Eric wrote
    NP : The Land Before Time - James Horner

A beautiful , mysterious & playful Horner score .
    I don't play it very often but when I do it's an absolute joy ... smile

Eric, I agree totally with your opinion and I'm listening to the exact opposite...

Bioshock 2: Sounds From The Lighthouse (Garry Schyman)

Dark, disonnant, twisted, very difficult to listen to. I didn't expect this for a game score... As someone who loves Goldenthal, even this is a tough listen. It's more ambience than anything resembling melodic music (which Goldenthal knows how to do masterfully, I mean create melodic phrases in total chaos). Therefore I don't like it as much as some other people here. It's not something I'll want to go through more than once, maybe by playing the game soon, I'll be able to hear what others are hearing, but I doubt it. If there's no melody, I have a hard time connecting to that music. But that's just my view on this admittedly original piece of work.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Creation - Christopher Young

Absolutely lovely! Completely hooked on this at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    NP: The First Olympics - Broughton

Getting in the Olympic mood.
  3. NP: The Thorn Birds (Henry Mancini)

A classic score that I've had for ages, but not yet heard. It's definitely got an old-fashioned sensibility to it, as though it came from a different era in film scoring (think Jarre, Legrand, and of course, Mancini).
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Thorn Birds (Henry Mancini)

A classic score that I've had for ages, but not yet heard. It's definitely got an old-fashioned sensibility to it, as though it came from a different era in film scoring (think Jarre, Legrand, and of course, Mancini).

I can't say it enough: this is a great score. 2CDs almost seems like not enough.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. It turned out to be a bit too much for me. I quit about the 1 disc mark, but it's rare that I listen to a 2cd set the whole way through.

NP: Crash (Mark Isham)

Quite good example of what this kind of score can be in good hands.
  6. I can, if remotely interested, make a "Suggested" playlist of tracks from both CDs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. If you are remotely interested, I may also be!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    NP: THE CARETAKERS...Elmer Bernstein
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Timeline Rejected (Jerry Goldsmith)

No better way to end a long career of outstanding music than with that kickass 11 minute cue... That doesn't mean this score was essentially Jerry on autopilot, but I don't care. I love Jerry in familiar territory.

I was unlucky to snatch a copy of this before it went sold out. But my bro helped me out. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Return To Never Land - Joel McNeely

... CD database tagged all the score tracks as "Various Artist" slant
    ... and what are those Jonatha Brooke songs, totally out of place slant

But anyway, the score tracks are so good!
    I also like the quotes from the original movie.
    I have the album of that old Disney, but I rarely play it, since it's not good for listening as an album.
    But now I can play this sequel score instead biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010 edited
    Timmer needed Goldsmith action scoring, I need Zimmer action scoring . I need "testosterone". I need a lot of brass.

NP:Crimson Tide (Hans Zimmer)

I never can listen the whole score....it's one of the few zimmer scores than I more aprecctiate than enjoy.

Of course, the main theme and the Russian theme are highly memorable. But suspense music, with so many cheap electroncis is rather boring to my ears.

Anyway...there are sublime moments, but too far in the tracks. For example : "Alabama" contains a great moment in the 17 minute mark.

Black Rain- BackDraft-Crimson tide-The Thin Red Line- Gladiator-Blak Hawk Down- The Dark Knight.

This scores is why Zimmer will be remembed in the filmmusic books (or sites) forever. For better or for worst.
    (IMHO for better )
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I enjoyed your plea of no Zimmer for a month. It was...quiet... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    hah! It lasted all of a few days! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Haunting (Goldsmith)

I love it.

I love the House theme ( Ala Basic instinc), the lullaby (ala Poltergeist) and the action stuff (ala 13th warrior).

Wel composed. Elegant. Short. Effective.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote

There is better jazz on jazz albums
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    sdtom wrote

There is better jazz on jazz albums

Not impressed by this one i take it Tom?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BLACK SUNDAY - John Williams

An early 70's score from Williams that harks towards Jaws, The Fury and even his 'conspiracy theme' later employed in JFK and Jurassic Park, definitely not one for those of you who want memorable themes.

I'm enjoying this a lot but it'll take a few listens to get my head around it.