• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    Anyone familiar with this composer? I just saw a whole bunch of his scores in the recent releases in SAE.

http://www.keepmovingrecords.com/eng/composers/17/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I liked his "Night Watch" and "Day Watch" scores. I searched for a score cd after watching the movies (specially the first one) but as far as I know they were never released (they released a songs cd of "Night Watch"). I´m not familiar with the rest of his work.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    My thoughts on Age of Pirates

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    Thanks! I'll try to get these added at SST and listen at greater length.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    One for me to have a listen to also
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

wow, and is this for sale? smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yes it is: at SAE.

But they have one less in stock now! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Dude! You bought it from SAE? The composer's website has the albums for $8
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Dude! You bought it from SAE? The composer's website has the albums for $8

Yes, I know. I was getting a few other things and added it to the list.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I listened to the clips over at SAE and I'm hugely impressed. This might be one to get, bro. If you don't mind I'll be the one getting it... tongue

Also, anyone checked out the clips of 'Sea Dogs'? Pretty amazing also.

I might be getting these two at this site. (thanks Bhelpure for mentioning it)
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I listened to the clips over at SAE and I'm hugely impressed. This might be one to get, bro. If you don't mind I'll be the one getting it... tongue

Also, anyone checked out the clips of 'Sea Dogs'? Pretty amazing also.

I might be getting these two at this site. (thanks Bhelpure for mentioning it)

cool, more great scores for you to buy, and I to listen to wink
  6. Indeed, what a team: the one with the dough buying the goods, the other one without the dough reviewing those goods. We should change our name to the TWAT BROTHERS. What do you reckon Steven ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He say YES!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Indeed, what a team: the one with the dough buying the goods, the other one without the dough reviewing those goods. We should change our name to the TWAT BROTHERS. What do you reckon Steven ?

TWAT brothers?
    I can live with that smile

but only on this forum, you hear me angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    Damn this man's orchestral power is amazing. I am listening to DAY WATCH (dnevnoy dozor) now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm a big fan of his. Excellent work throughout!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Damn this man's orchestral power is amazing. I am listening to DAY WATCH (dnevnoy dozor) now.

The previous part, NIGHT WATCH (Nochnoy dozor), was already brilliant. There's no CD release though (that I know of).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WIND MAN

I have no words to descrine this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rare beauty?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not falling in that trap, evil Monsieur.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hee hee hee. biggrin
  8. Synchrotones presents two new reviews today, both from composer Yuri Poteyenko.

"Fort Ross": http://wp.me/p3hOx4-ON
    "The Forbiddance": http://wp.me/p3hOx4-OQ

"Fort Ross" is a magnificent, colourful, adventurous score, showing the composer's Russian heritage. Fans of Horner will undoubtedly love it, or anyone who loves clever, complex but accessible orchestral music.

And "The Forbiddance / Earthly Eden". These are two strings-heavy scores, also featuring woodwinds and piano. Both are romantic, lush but restraint and melancholy.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015
    Waiting for both to come in the mail. Loved the clips!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015
    New Poteyenko!? When did this happen??
  9. Leningrad is also gorgeous. All on the same label.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  10. Great! Fort Ross should be right up my alley. punk

I also recommend two videogame scores 'Sea Dogs' and 'Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales' as absolute must-haves. The former 30 minutes of great schwashbuckling adventure music, the latter double that length. Written in the tradition of grand orchestral film scores.
    At 5 bucks each on Keepmoving Records there should be no hesitation in picking these up.