• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    Wow! after tremendous success of Avatar in 3D, Warners decided to make the final part of the Harry Potter movie in 3D. Exciting!

http://in.news.yahoo.com/241/20100129/1 … llows.html
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Success of What in What?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Just 3D. Nothing else.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Another 3D movie that does not need 3D. Boring.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. i agree, this is just to lure the people to see this movie

ah well, the future of movies is 3D, even if I don't need it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No movie needs 3D, but if used well (like every new movie I've seen so far actually) it does add an extra layer of excitement and experience to the film. I think it's great, it's the first legitimate step to truly 3D displays (holograms and the like).

Why is this forum so opposed to new technology! dizzy
  2. Steven wrote
    No movie needs 3D, but if used well (like every new movie I've seen so far actually) it does add an extra layer of excitement and experience to the film. I think it's great, it's the first legitimate step to truly 3D displays (holograms and the like).

don't get me wrong, 3D's exciting, and especially now it's cool and fresh
    but give it a couple of years and 3D will not be able to salvage a movie, as for now it does (at least with the more mediocre movies like My Bloody Valentine and Journey to the Center of the Earth)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

For every good movie in 3D (Avatar) we´ll have dozens of movies whose only purpose will be to sell more expensive tickets, using the 3D thing as an excuse (meaning it won´t add any excitement nor enhancement to the experience).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The trick is to avoid the bad movies (which is usually quite easy), and just watch the good ones! Personally, I don't think 3D will have that much affect on the quality of movies. I'm sure we'll still get awful movies, mediocre movies and we'll still get great movies - they'll just happen to be in 3D more often.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Sunil wrote
    after tremendous success of Avatar in 3D

Yup, I heard him say it too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    The trick is to avoid the bad movies (which is usually quite easy), and just watch the good ones!

Yes that´s true. It´s all about avoiding the bad ones (the same we do with the traditional ones after all). But it annoys me that every new project we hear about is attached with the 3D label, as if it is only done because it´s trendy, not because the film really needs it. Anyway, I´m afraid this is unstoppable, so we´d better get used to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Sunil wrote
    after tremendous success of Avatar in 3D

Yup, I heard him say it too!

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    The trick is to avoid the bad movies (which is usually quite easy), and just watch the good ones! Personally, I don't think 3D will have that much affect on the quality of movies. I'm sure we'll still get awful movies, mediocre movies and we'll still get great movies - they'll just happen to be in 3D more often.

Indeed. Why are you people watching stuff like My bloody valentine?! Seriously.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Steven wrote

The thing is, a lot of these new 3D movies (like Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, Cabin in the Woods and Harry Potter) have/will be converted in post-production, unlike Avatar and The Final Destination. The latter two were shot with the same cameras and digitally processed using the new 3D process. And now Warners is converting two more 2011 releases, Sucker Punch and Green Lantern in 3D.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Here's a creative thought!
    Let's do the same again!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Let's do the same again!

3D star wars? I can see how that will spark the most heated discussions ever, and will be the extreme case of absolutely love it or totally hate it. Imagine those camps clashing all over the internet boards.......that's something i don't want to see!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Let's do the same again!

3D star wars? I can see how that will spark the most heated discussions ever, and will be the extreme case of absolutely love it or totally hate it. Imagine those camps clashing all over the internet boards.......that's something i don't want to see!

Star WarzzzZZZZZzzzz..... again? Come on, can´t they move on after MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS? sleep
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    MTV teaser trailer is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbTx1R1QDTw

Looks like Desplat will have some really great material to work with.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  3. I miss when I saw a movie for the story...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    I just came from a press screening of this film, which has the official Norwegian premiere later tonight. Not the 3D version, though.

It was OK, but I've never really been a big fan of the franchise in the first place. For some reason, the Harry Potter fan club had managed to get seats for the press screening too, so the theatre was filled with 14-year-olds cheering, applauding, laughing and crying (especially in one particular scene towards the end).

Desplat's music is quite disappointing. A few nice passages (there's one that recalls Mahler's 5th at some point), but his ostinato-based action music is incredibly boring. Plus much of it is drowned out by über-loud sound effects (I had to use ear plugs on several occasions!). I'm going to write an article on the music of the Potter saga soon, so I'm set to re-watch all films and listen more carefully to all scores. Maybe Desplat's score works better alone, we'll see.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote
    I just came from a press screening of this film, which has the official Norwegian premiere later tonight. Not the 3D version, though.

Didn't they decide to scrap the 3D idea a few weeks ago?
  4. Anthony wrote
    Thor wrote

Exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Thor wrote

Ah, that explains it then! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010 edited
    Well, they said they didn't make the deadline. After which they removed the "END THE JOURNEY IN 3D" bit from the trailers (except for the Dutch theatrical trailers, though). They say they will have enough time to render the second part in 3D.

If you ask me, it's all a marketing stunt. When part 2 comes in theatres, they'll re-release part 1 but this time in 3D, so audiences have more reason to watch part 1 again. I do not really think a studio like Warner Bros does 'not making deadlines' for one of their big tentpole releases.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Whether true or not, it certainly provides a reason for a re release.
  5. Anthony wrote
    Whether true or not, it certainly provides a reason for a re release.

Actually, they said that both Deathly Hallows films, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince will be released in Bluray 3D.

About the film, I'm going to watch it tomorrow (Here in Argentina is going to be a premiere with Matthew Lewis, and I won a couple of tickets smile )