• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    As mentioned by Steven in the Morricone topic, and by Mark in World Travelers

There's a concert with Morricone on April 10 in London Royal Albert Hall:
    http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/ … fault.aspx

Apparently Thor is in town too. punk

Both for these reasons, and the fact that Alan, James and Timmer (Steven? Anthony?) were a little interested, we should perhaps make a meeting of it? I'm willing to pay some money for this, as there's a rare chance I'll ever see him live again? The opportunity for a meeting should be taken! It would make it all the way more interesting and worth to go too. So, if more people join, I'm willing to go too for that weekend.

Who's interested and/or would join as well? cheesy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    Very interested (but not sure).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Are you in London around that time Mark? Or would you have to make a trip?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ney, I wasn't interested - I just thought others might be! £60 is a lot of money to see someone I'm not a fan of. sad (Although the MT meeting part of it sounds good.)
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Bregt, I was planning a trip to London this Spring for a private lesson. So it is very tempting to get a two-for-one deal, if that is possible. I'd love to see Morricone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm bolloxed at the moment so I better not say nothing. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... the fact this is probably my last and only opportunity to see him live makes me think I might regret it if I don't, yet like Steven, I'm not the biggest fan. So paying this amount of money? I don't know... I do love London though, so I'd might make a trip out of it. So far, I've only been there twice and both was for business (so limited time for sight-seeing).

I'm torn!
  1. don't know yet as well, what's the plan? Book a hotel and stay there till sunday?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    don't know yet as well, what's the plan? Book a hotel and stay there till sunday?

Perhaps yes, or until Monday. I can take a day off, to make the weekend longer. I sent an e-mail.
    Kazoo
  2. I might be interested - but maybe not in the concert. It's a bit expensive for the concert. But for the meeting part? That may be do-able.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A meeting on Sunday then perhaps? I want to do the concert too though. Have you seen Morricone Alan?
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Have you seen Morricone Alan?

No I haven't.

But there's so much in Morricone's filmography that there's potentially so much in a concert that I won't like - because there are some Morricone scores that I don't like.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My diary is free for a meeting at a pub, but I can't afford that kind of money fora composer I'm not interested in seeing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have to say it's mighty tempting.
    I should check finances and availability first, but I would hazard a guess this might be a go!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's some time away yet but circumstances permitting I would be up for meeting in London. The concert is a definite no for me but I will say that having seen Morricone before it was one of the very best film music concerts I've seen and that if you have the chance/money then it would be a crime not to see this living legendary genius.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, that's the issue. Will I be able to see him another time? Combined with a meeting, this is a definite go for me, otherwise not.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Have you seen Morricone Alan?

No I haven't.

But there's so much in Morricone's filmography that there's potentially so much in a concert that I won't like - because there are some Morricone scores that I don't like.

But you'd see (wel, I hope!) Ecstasy of Gold!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You may well even get it as an encore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Seeing Morricone live (five times!) was incredible for me, but this one's too expensive unfortunately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Would you join the meeting in this weekend (Saturday or Sunday)?

So, who's interested so far for the meeting:
    Martijn
    Bob
    Thor
    Alan
    Mark
    Timmer
    Anthony
    Steven
    Thomas
    Bregt
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    I'm up for this, but hope that Morricone doesn't do his 'cancelling at the last minute' thing again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Would you join the meeting in this weekend (Saturday or Sunday)?

So, who's interested so far for the meeting:
    Martijn
    Bob
    Thor
    Alan
    Mark
    Timmer
    Anthony
    Steven
    Thomas
    Bregt

I'm interested, don't get me wrong - I just can't afford it. Way too many debts to pay off at the moment, other things to pay for and there's no guarantee I'll get a job during the summer. sad (Plus, as I said, £60 for Morricone is too much anyway.)

If this was a composer I liked, I'd probably rob a bank for it or something.
  4. don't know yet, the meeting sounds cool, but still it's a lot of money rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We're all poor! biggrin

....sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    I'm interested, don't get me wrong

You are wrong. Ennio Morricone should be a composer you like. tongue

I thought you meant the concert alone you were not interested in. I have no idea where you live or how far it is from London, but an afternoon is not doable?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    We're all poor! biggrin

....sad

Don't buy an iPad, or another set of way too expensive earphones or cd's of Bruce Broughton.
    Kazoo
  5. Steven wrote
    We're all poor! biggrin

....sad

yep, the TWAT brothers don't get the assignments like they used to sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll go if someone can convince Thomas to never say twat ever again.

Ever.
    Again.
  6. Steven wrote
    I'll go if someone can convince Thomas to never say twat ever again.

Ever.
    Again.

deal smile
  7. Steven wrote
    I'm interested, don't get me wrong - I just can't afford it...

Maybe if you put an application into the maintitles.net meeting fund, that may make things a bit more affordable?

I'd certainly be up for a meeting - it's been a while since we've met up and I'd like to foster any regular get-together.