• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    (Or a.k.a. another TV show thread that only two people will post in).

I've started watching this on the recommendation from Steven. I'm three episodes in and while the premise is still rather confusing and I find myself asking a lot of "How come..?" questions it's nice to have a mix of Phillip K Dick sci-fi stuff, plenty of suspense and action, and smokin' hot babes! (Aside from the main babe, Sierra (the Asian one) is seriously hot!) cool

I regret unknowingly watching the original pilot rather than the main show first as it just confused things, and the fact scenes from it are re-cut into the series isn't helping. Still, from just watching "The Target" I hope the action keeps up as this episode was a great mix of the Lost weirdness and 24 violence I'm used to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote

I've started watching this on the recommendation from Steven. I'm three episodes in and while the premise is still rather confusing and I find myself asking a lot of "How come..?" questions it's nice to have a mix of Phillip K Dick sci-fi stuff, plenty of suspense and action,

Good show, but not even close to 24 or Lost. The premise is really good, but most of the episodes are rather bland (they get better as the season advances though). Make sure to watch the unaired S01E13 ("Epitaph One"), one of the best of the season.

I stop watching the show after that episode; is season 2 any good Steven?

Anthony wrote
    Sierra (the Asian one) is seriously hot!) cool

Although close to anorexia. I´d pick Dr. Claire Saunders anytime.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Who on earth keeps comparing shows to Lost... even my grandma's stories better than Lost. crazy

But on topic, Dollhouse is amusing, but gets dull after a while. The fact that Eliza Dushku is playing makes up for it, though wink
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I've started watching this on the recommendation from Steven. I'm three episodes in and while the premise is still rather confusing and I find myself asking a lot of "How come..?" questions it's nice to have a mix of Phillip K Dick sci-fi stuff, plenty of suspense and action,

Good show, but not even close to 24 or Lost.

crazy

THIS GETS SO MUCH BETTER THAN LOST OR 24! (In season 2 especially.)

Be patient with it, it will reward you for being so. Season 2 is nothing short of brilliant.

Remember Anthony, the first 5 episodes are Fox's doing. Keep with it... remember what happened with you and Back To The Future Part 2? Same thing. Keep watching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Rian wrote
    But on topic, Dollhouse is amusing, but gets dull after a while. The fact that Eliza Dushku is playing makes up for it, though wink

Season 2.

'nuff said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Good show, but not even close to 24 or Lost.

crazy

Be patient with it, it will reward you for being so. Season 2 is nothing short of brilliant.

Ok, ok. Just started downloading season two. I see S02E13 is "Epitaph Two: Return". Tempting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Don't watch it yet. Wait until you've seen the 12 episodes from season 2. (Which even itself starts off slow compared the last few episodes of that season.)

One of the more intelligent and gripping shows I've seen, it really reaches its potential in the latter episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Don't watch it yet. Wait until you've seen the 12 episodes from season 2. (Which even itself starts off slow compared the last few episodes of that season.)

I won´t. Actually I won´t watch a single episode until I have the whole season. I see a little Dollhouse marathon coming cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Good man! I think perhaps my "much better than Lost or 24" remark was a bit a knee-jerk, but it's got some better scripts than either of those shows IMO.

Though I AM a Whedon nut, I have to admit.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

Remember Anthony, the first 5 episodes are Fox's doing. Keep with it... remember what happened with you and Back To The Future Part 2? Same thing. Keep watching.

But I don't have a problem with it. And if it's going to get better then I have more to look forward to. I'll happily admit it is better than the current season of 24.

Just to clarify, this show gets canceled at the end of season 2? It has a proper ending, and I'm not going to be wasting my time by never finding out the ending, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Proper ending. Fox allowed Whedon and Co. to wrap it up properly, unlike Firefly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote
    Who on earth keeps comparing shows to Lost... even my grandma's stories better than Lost. crazy

You must have an awesome grandma.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Proper ending. Fox allowed Whedon and Co. to wrap it up properly, unlike Firefly.

In that case I'll check it out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yay! People are checking out shows I like! cheesy

If you do watch it, bear in mind it's slow to start. I do like the initial episodes, but they don't provide any overall story arc, not until about episode 5 onwards.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm struggling to see where it's going currently, other than Ballard is going to eventually discover the Dollhouse and that Echo seems to remember stuff after the memory wipes. But then what..she tries to get her personality back?

I wonder if the weird computer guy who programs all the Actives will eventually be a baddie?

Have they explained how people end up becoming Actives already? I didn't understand the opening scene really but it seemed it was something along the lines of "you've done something really bad, so it's either prison or do you this for a few years and then come back out with a shit load of money". Am I understanding this right?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, that fight in the abandoned hotel in episode 3 is great! Whoever their stunt coordinator/choreographer is knows their stuff. It was intense while incredibly basic as well. Not only that, even the hero gets shot in it too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Season 1 is mostly about Alpha, and then season 2 is all about Rossum, the Dollhouse organisation. It all gets explained, don't worry.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    More Sierra please. I think I'm in love. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like Sierra's character (yes, they actually become characters), but I prefer Millie. love
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lasagna Millie?

Ha, four episodes in and not only have we got some familiar faces from 24 but also a reused set. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Lasagna Millie?

Lasagna Millie. Not skinny... just the way I like it. [/creepy]

Anyway, 24 set? Which one?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The hotel bar area at the start of episode four is used as...another hotel bar area in 24. rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait, the one where Ballard meets the Russian guy?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah that episode (the start of the hotel bit that leads into the art vault).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, that one. It's an okay episode...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Care to share the real names of the hot babes, to do an erm, check?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Care to share the real names of the hot babes, to do an erm, check?

rolleyes

cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Eliza Duskhu
    Dichen Lachman
    Miracle Laurie
    Amy Acker

I loved DOLLHOUSE. I thought it was one of the most intelligent, fascinating, well-written shows I've seen in years. And, of course, Fox cancels it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet.

Fox sucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just came back from the research.

DAMN i have to watch that show! I'll only close my eyes when Miracle shows up wink

It's not anything moving into look at us we are so independent and we need nobody but ourselves, female friends and shoes; still can't live without d*cks fields like Sex and the City, right? Don't put me through that! smile