• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Sweet, who could be the [spoiler]mole...I'm thinking the security guy that's usually with DeWitt or the Asian girl who's helping Topher...but the latter would be very lame.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Ok, I have the whole season two. Watching it this week!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Watched the first three episodes. The first two are ok but the third one is the first really good episode of the season, with that weirdo kidnapper playing family with his abductees. Pretty sick and twisted. Besides, is the first episode of the season starring Victor, a character I like. Oh, and I laughed at the beginning of the episode when Ballard sees Echo naked and says would you like a......towel?. Good joke.

P.S Is it me or Mellie got fatter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Victor is quite clearly the best actor of the lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed. The whole sequence at the club (episode 3) when he becomes Kiki is really funny.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Spoilers cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oops. Sorry shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    applause naughty Marcel devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, we were... um... talking about another show called Dollhouse.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Count yourself lucky it wasn't Lost!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, I often do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Wow, episode 2x04 was terrific!

[spoiler]Good to know more things about Sierra´s and Topher´s background. Great performances by both actors by the way. On the other hand, one can see something (bad?) is coming, not only because Echo says so (well, basically yes) but because the tone and mood of the episodes. Can´t wait to find out what it is.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010 edited
    Only four episodes to finish season two and what a good season it is. It seems they knew it was the second and last season of the show and delivered all they got. Not a single filler episode. [spoiler]Nice to see Alpha back in business and breaking (again) into the Dollhouse[/spoiler]. The actor that plays Victor continues to impress me with his performances. [spoiler]The one when he becomes Topher is great; he IS Topher![/spoiler].
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Episode 2x10 was another great episode.[spoiler]That final shot of all the Dollhouse crew ready to go to war is memorable.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Victor just gets more awesome as the season progresses! And DeWitt is a very interesting character, so well played by Olivia Williams.

Victor, Topher and Boyd are my favourite characters by far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Victor just gets more awesome as the season progresses!

Totally agree. Very fine performances by this actor. I insist, when he [spoiler]becomes Topher[/spoiler] in one of the episides is a highlight of the season.

Steven wrote
    And DeWitt is a very interesting character

Probably the most complex character of the show.

Steven wrote
    so well played by Olivia Williams

Yes, you never know if she is good or evil. Honestly,[spoiler]I didn´t expect the twist in episode 10 when we find out he is working with Echo tu bring Rossum down[/spoiler]

Steven wrote
    Victor, Topher and Boyd are my favourite characters by far.

And this exactly the correct order, yes sir.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Very agreeable. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Very agreeable. biggrin

Yeah, I was in a good mood today tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Shit! [spoiler]Boyd is with Rossum![/spoiler]

Edit: [spoiler]Wow, what a great way to put an end to Boyd! I didn´t see that coming. Very poetic, in a (weird) way.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    Ok, season two is over. Brilliant season and very good ending.[spoiler]Maybe too fast, a couple of episodes would have been useful to develop the finale much better, but I liked it anyway. Too bad Topher had to die but at least he did it in a heroic way (his final shot is great, staring at the pictures on the wall); Ballard´s death, on the other hand, seemed a bit forced and unnecessary IMO, it was so sudden that there isn´t dramatic effect[/spoiler].

I don´t know if the show could have lasted more seasons (well, it could have lasted more seasons obviously) but maybe sometimes the lesser the better? I mean season two has been a rollercoaster since episode one, not a single filler episode, strong performances by all the cast,... more than I was expecting. I´m glad I´ve given Dollhouse the chance it deserved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    I think two seasons worked in its favour. I'm sure they could have stretched it to three or more, I would love to have seen more make no doubt about it, but I imagine we'd ultimately have ended up with more filler episodes. The fact that the writers knew they had to wrap it up was probably a good incentive to write episodes that got to the point.

I really do like the idea and philosophy behind this show, the way it deals with personalities and plays with our deeply ingrained notion of individuality ('souls', if you will - or something like that). I also like its pessimistic view of just how terrifying a technologically advanced society really is, particularly with the ability to change people's personalities with a click of a button. That, and the whole apocalyptic vibe. That's what really appealed to me about this show, it just clicked with me. Oh, and the character development. Whedon knows the importance of good character design.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    Steven wrote
    I think two seasons worked in its favour. The fact that the writers knew they had to wrap it up was probably a good incentive to write episodes that got to the point.

That´s for sure. They knew they couldn´t waste a single minute of footage.

Steven wrote
    I really do like the idea and philosophy behind this show, the way it deals with personalities and plays with our deeply ingrained notion of individuality ('souls', if you will - or something like that).

Sure; it is a very appealing premise they developed pretty well during both seasons, specially the second one.

Steven wrote
    Oh, and the character development. Whedon knows the importance of good character design.

Victor, Sierra, Echo, Boyd and I´ve liked a lot Topher´s and Adelle´s evolution.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Looking forward to the season 1 finale, even though Omega could have easily filled that position!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Looking forward to the season 1 finale, even though Omega could have easily filled that position!

Yes, it could have. But "Epitaph One" is essential once you´ve watched season two (and Epitaph Two: Return").
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The ending is not as good as I had hoped for in Epitaph Two, but it's still a very worthy ending to a really great -but far too short- show. This had more steam left to go for at least one more season, but unfortunately everything had to be wrapped up so quickly. It still has a slight open ending, so I hope there will be some kind of continuation of the story in the future (though I doubt they will).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    Epitaph One!!

omg

OOOooooooooooh baby that was good! A post apocalyptic sci fi thriller that's appropriately Terminator-esque? Fantastic! And I've just been reading it was made at half the cost of a normal episode due to complications with Fox.

Unfortunately though I'm guessing we won't see this style again until the season two finale? sad

But daaaaamn, that was good! cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I thought you'd already seen it?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope. wink

Anthony wrote
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Epitaph One!!

Unfortunately though I'm guessing we won't see this style again until the season two finale? sad

You are right. Season two is a roller coaster though, reaching its climax with Epitaph Two.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aww. If only the whole season was like that. Best hour of TV I've seen in a long time.

I think Topher is easily my favourite character.