• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    The new trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwh70CLHiM

Trailer music isn't by JNH this time unfortunately, but it seems promising both visually and musically! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked

Indeed.

I wonder who is the action coreographer.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who cares about the rest when you got SHYAMALAN and JNH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hope this one doesn't suffer from over-hype like Avatar did. For a lot of people, a JNH score to a Shyamalan fantasy adventure film is something to get the mouth foaming (mine included).
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I'm just looking forward to the JNH score, the movie doesn't seem like my taste. But I hope JNH delivers the usual quality music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I hope this one doesn't suffer from over-hype like Avatar did. For a lot of people, a JNH score to a Shyamalan fantasy adventure film is something to get the mouth foaming (mine included).

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Oh, yes, definitely. Thanks to Avatar, I'll be saving money on the next 3D-film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Looks interesting.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

The score did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Still, it was great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited
    The music itself didn't suffer, that would be weird. But the reception it got when it was released certainly suffered, and continues to do so. Personally I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Wow, I'm really looking forward to this score now. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

The score did.

Steven wrote
    The music itself didn't suffer, that would be weird. But the reception it got when it was released certainly suffered, and continues to do so. Personally I love it.

On what grounds do you say that? It's nominated for most of the awards, it's well played and discussed. Apart if you base it on Sunil and Jordi that is wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    The new trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwh70CLHiM

Trailer music isn't by JNH this time unfortunately, but it seems promising both visually and musically! lick

:yawn:

Looking forward to the score though.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

On what grounds do you say that? It's nominated for most of the awards, it's well played and discussed. Apart if you base it on Sunil and Jordi that is wink

I base it on the grounds by some of the comments that I read after its release. I seem to remember even you were pretty against it before seeing the movie!

I also base it on the grounds that it was never going to live up to the hype it got - few things could.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I was lukewarm, not against it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Erik had the same reaction too if i recall correctly, i can't remember anyone else besides Sunil and Jordi who are truly against it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I was lukewarm, not against it.

I seem to remember you describing it as a headache, initially! biggrin
  1. I've only seen the superbowl TV spot, looks like a huge departure for Shyamalan, as for the score I'm sure this score will kick ass
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote
    New trailer! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgaVe19zs8

punk
  2. *leaves to order the CD blindly*
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Looks reasonably entertaining. Is that Shyamalan himself in a more extensive role I see?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I can't wait for the score but the film looks forgettable.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I agree. Just another commercial CGI wankfest. rolleyes

I've got high hopes for the score though!
  3. Steven wrote
    I agree. Just another commercial CGI wankfest. rolleyes

I thought that it looked quite interesting - from a technical point of view. CGI fire and water? If they can get that looking real then the technology can do pretty much anything!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'll watch the movie, i am an avid Shyamalan fan (not a freak though so i don't hold any high hopes, i am neutral) and i am confident that JNH will deliver Gold as it's the case with every single Shyamalan score he's produced all these years; even Lady in the water sounds way better to my ears after all these years and junk from other, younger, supposed composers - i've heard in-between; it drags a bit in the middle section but the end pays up for it all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    It feels a little odd to see a MNS movie with so much tech and CGI. I'm excited about the score.
  4. I think this is a complete departure for Shyamalan, that's why I'll observe it when I will see the movie, the score on the other hand will be a keeper, that's evident by now smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh