• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013
    Lupin the third. Anyone ever heard of that before? Me neither. But I stumbled upon this love theme recently and I love it. Really gets into your head after some listens, and I constantly find myself whistling the tune.

I have an arrangement as mp3 that I prefer over the above clip, and a great track called "Love is everything" from the same score, but I couldn't find them on youtube.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Lupin the third. Anyone ever heard of that before? Me neither. But I stumbled upon this love theme recently and I love it. Really gets into your head after some listens, and I constantly find myself whistling the tune.

I have an arrangement as mp3 that I prefer over the above clip, and a great track called "Love is everything" from the same score, but I couldn't find them on youtube.

Peter smile

:like:

Kind of Roy Budd meets Mancini meets Schifrin in a 1970's wine bar

i mostly replied because i hardly ever get any responses to anything i post here and i know it's nice, good or bad, to get some reaction hence my support to Steven regarding a :like: button
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Glad you liked it, Timmer. wave

Indeed, most of us can be a little better at responding. After all, deep down, getting attention is probably the main reason why we're all participating on forums, so this place works best if people try listening and responding more.

Much of the time I don't have much to say though, so even though I've watched your recent vids, my brain didn't supply me with anything useful to put into writing. I guess I'm so rarely into songs, that the last two you posted, haven't really provoked a reaction in me.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    :like:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    thumbsup
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Kind of Roy Budd meets Mancini meets Schifrin in a 1970's wine bar

biggrin

i mostly replied because i hardly ever get any responses to anything i post here

Yeah, but it's all Barry! Barry Barry Barry all the time! Barry in the morning! Barry in the evening! Barry in a hot tub with a margarita! dizzy
    (OK, it's not.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    From me? Yes, I think my posts may be a bit loaded towards JB....only a little bit mind. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013 edited
    This is awesome! (Thanks Erik for commenting on this on Facebook - I may not have spotted this otherwise). All 6 Star Wars films being played at the same time!!

http://youtu.be/smdMh3Ew6IU

The slightly different arrangements and tempo of Williams' main theme in each transforms the sound to something akin to a bad high school orchestra rendition of the theme.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013
    I clicked it when I saw it on Facebook and got the same message I'm getting now:

This video contains content from SME and FOX, one or more of whom have blocked it on copyright grounds.

Peter smile
  1. The person who shared the link did suggest people be quick before it is taken down.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I don't get this copyright overprotectiveness sometimes. I wonder how the copyright holders think they'll end up losing money because some video on youtube has the movies playing at the same time.

Peter smile
  2. plindboe wrote
    I don't get this copyright overprotectiveness sometimes. I wonder how the copyright holders think they'll end up losing money because some video on youtube has the movies playing at the same time.

Peter smile

That's what I was thinking too. Personally, once the main themes had played my interest was lost as it all just sounded like noise. It must be just a blanket attitude that if their product is uploaded - in any form - it will be taken down asap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Would have been fun to hear the intros I'm sure.

Indeed, I think it happens more or less automatically. It's curious how once a law gives someone the right to suppress others, it will be applied every chance possible, no matter the consequences.

Peter smile
  3. plindboe wrote
    Would have been fun to hear the intros I'm sure.

Although this example is The Blue Danube Waltz, the general sound is similar to that of hearing the title theme when all the 6 Star Wars films are playing at the same time.

http://youtu.be/qmqBzFcHQis

(I remember first hearing this LP in a music lesson at school!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013
    Hehe. It's one of my biggest wishes in life that some day Kubrick's "2001" will be released with all the music performed by Portsmouth Sinfonia.

Peter cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    PORTUGESE TOURISM PROMO

Wonderful images set to a lovely soaring piece of music by Nuno Malo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    A superb piece of groovy 60's John Barry, I've not heard this version of it before....

bhangra THE KNACK chicken
  4. Timmer wrote
    A superb piece of groovy 60's John Barry, I've not heard this version of it before....

THE KNACK

Never heard that theme before. Very Nice! I would have guessed Henry Mancini though.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm surprised you've not heard it before, I'd always thought it was one of Barry's more popular and well known non-James Bond works.

Anyway....

HERE'S THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VERSION
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    I much prefer the slow sweeping version of the theme heard in the end title.

Peter love

Barry in lounge mode love
  5. http://www.amazon.de/Lounge-Legends-Joh … B00005Q4V1

I just discovered I have the Knack theme on the "Themology" compilation.

That's why I have slowed down my collecting activities. I need to catch up with what is there already.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013
    Is this a fookin' cool version or what?

cool PETER GUNN cool
  6. Timmer wrote

cool PETER GUNN cool

Do I need to tell you what is the matter with that YouTube video here in Germany? crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013
    Timmer wrote

cool PETER GUNN cool

It is...but it's such a cool theme to begin with, it's hard to go wrong. And that includes mambo.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

cool PETER GUNN cool

It is...but it's such a cool theme to begin with, it's hard to go wrong. And that includes mambo.

One of the all time coolest.

Volker, you can maybe check it from your end by searching Jack Costanzo - Peter Gunn Mambo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote

cool PETER GUNN cool

There's a whole range of old releases (including this one here). If you search Amazon/iTunes using "Ultra-Lounge" it brings up a lot of the releases in the series.

"Mondo Hollywood" looks to have a good selection of tracks.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

cool PETER GUNN cool

There's a whole range of old releases (including this one here). If you search Amazon/iTunes using "Ultra-Lounge" it brings up a lot of the releases in the series.

I know! cool
  7. How about "The Magnificent Seven" Cha-Cha style?

http://youtu.be/M42zH7idUG4

PEANUTS!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013 edited
    CLAUDE BOLLING & MICHEL LEGRAND

"proper" ( as Steven would say wink ) musicians. Just sublime musicianship love