• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    I thought I would share this qoute:
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. ...

Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. .... "
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And for anyone who hasn't seen Ratatouille, shame on you! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Lol. wink Thats right! I just love that qoute though... soo good wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And perfectly performed by Peter O'Toole! Wonderful ending to a wonderful film. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Absolutely. I saw the film during a press screening, so with only critics, and they all seemed to like it. It could've felt like a comment from Bird to his own critics ("shame on you if you go out and criticise my film!"), but it played out so well and fitting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    The work of a critic/writer/journalist does carry a risk which is what does he do if no one reads or pays any attention to him at all. No response is the thing no critic wants at all.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010
    bartley wrote
    I thought I would share this qoute:
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. ...

Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. .... "

Great quote.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Just reading the words gives me goosebumps all over again. Pixar rules.
  1. Thread resurrection alert.

But yeah... great moment in the film. One of the finest Pixars IMO.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    The thing about Ratatouille is that the characters aren't really that good (by Pixar's standards) but the story is what makes the film an ultimately rewarding experience.
  2. Plus the whole concept that is so superbly handled. The whole french restaurant setting is impeccably done.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    Maybe, but Anton Ego really stands out as a brilliant character, even though he has very little screen time.
  3. The cue under that monologue with Remy's theme is great.