• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010
    I've been using Adobe Audion for some time now with no problems. I use it to extract the center channel audio from Lost for The Four Trombones, but recently it's stopped working and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Instead of removing the dialogue now it just quietens it a bit. I've tried on older episodes that have been fine to see if it was due to the sound source, but getting problems on these too.

Here's a pic of my settings. Am I missing something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik is a pro when it comes to Audition. I'm sure he'll see this and help.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    I use it to extract the center channel audio from Lost for The Four Trombones

I don't even (completely) understand what you're saying here. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    With Audition you have access to multiple tracks
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Center channel audio = dialogue and sfx that come out the front speakers

The Four Trombones = www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/fourtrombones

Lost = mindfuck

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    But why do you extract only the dialogue and soun effects only from the front speakers? confused

OK, OK, this is going WAY off topic.
    Let's get your question answered first.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010 edited
    Because that's where they're mainly used. Music is generally used on all channels so removing only the front leaves you with the music and cuts out the rest.

But yes, my plea for help is still out there. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    Because that's where they're mainly used. Music is generally used on all channels so removing only the front leaves you with the music and cuts out the rest.

Clever! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Still no Erik! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Are you importing the ENTIRE AC3 file into Audition which includes 6 separate audio channels. Left, Centre, Right, Right Rear, Left Rear and Woofer?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    I have faith in Erik. He'll solve it