• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BobdH wrote
    Well, at least at the beginning and the end, but hopefully not in between? wink

In the middle I might be sleeping wink
    Ghent has hat effect on me lately...
    It's life Jim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010
    digikleuter wrote

Or, to probably be more precise, the wide selection of available specialty beers in the many enjoyable bars in Ghent has had that effect on you... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

no problem, I have no problem ordering the tickets for the group, I suppose it can be done by Fnac?
    Then I can go ordering them as soon as possible

Bro, you're coming too?

There's already a few of us then ?!
    Excellent !
    Put me on the ticket list so we can sit together ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. I'll be joining as well.

Barry's too good a composer to NOT go.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Martijn wrote
    digikleuter wrote

Or, to probably be more precise, the wide selection of available specialty beers in the many enjoyable bars in Ghent has had that effect on you... wink

You so do not know me... my heart bleeds...
    It's life Jim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    digikleuter wrote
    me to! me to!

Well two years and some months after registering Mario decides to start posting. Good for you my man !!! beer

We can always use another slightly crazy member... cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    digikleuter wrote
    me to! me to!

Well two years and some months after registering Mario decides to start posting. Good for you my man !!! beer

We can always use another slightly crazy member... cheesy

oh, so brutal... I post once a year!! What do I have to do to get noticed!!! confused
    I'm like... the first of the first??? The colorscheme guy???
    It's life Jim!
  5. Oh that's your doing, so you're saying Bregt did even less than what he said he did? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, at least Bregt did the track titles.

Right?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    wine
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Half empty, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    applause
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    wine

You can drink whatever you want but i'm not driving you to the AA club... again!!
    It's life Jim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    In Bregt's case, it'd be the LAA* club.

*Looza Aceholics Anonymous
  7. Martijn wrote
    Well, at least Bregt did the track titles.

Right?

punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Question! When do we know whose music we'll hear at the WSA this year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    fommes wrote
    Question! When do we know whose music we'll hear at the WSA this year?

Hmmm. Normally, the first guests and concert programme of WSA is announced around April/May.

This is a separate concert, but with a WSA handed out.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    Hey guys , how and when are we gonna meet up ?
    Only 3 - 4 days to go ...
    Thomas ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2010 edited
    Two more days , two more days !
    Yeah baby !

Am I the only one looking forward to this ?
  8. Just seen this over at FSM:

"...Thursday, there's an honorary concert for John Barry, and he was to attend the concert to accept a lifetime achievement award. But apparently, Barry's too ill to travel and won't be attending.

So, no luck with John Barry. But I do wish him a speedy recovery..."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2010
    I find it worrying, Barry also cancelled going in person to collect an award in Vienna last year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010
    Looking forward to it as well! See you on Thursday.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want a full report.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    I want a full report.

With or without all revealing pictures ? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Warts and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    shocked biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on tonights events guys, now I wish I could be there. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010 edited
    Just got back from the concert, and my first reaction would be that it was... fine. I'm just missing a bit of the 'wow-effect'.

Of course it had some great moments (the James Bond suite at the end, for example), some moving music I didn't know yet (Mary, Queen of Scotts: will be bought, if found for a reasonable price), and golden oldies like Out of Africa and Dances with Wolves. And though they really shouldn't have performed the main Dances theme on a bloody harmonica (the performer probably didn't want to show up if he only did Midnight Cowboy), and the sudden and only burst of percussion came out of nowhere and didn't get any follow up (why no Buffalo Hunt?), the Two Socks theme was lovely as was the final big statement of the theme.

The concert featured several other 'very nice' moments, but overwhelmed? No... not really. Maybe because they selected a lot of pieces in the same vein: his trademark style was overstated and became very clear; more color would've been quite welcome. But it was a fine evening anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010 edited
    For the rest of my days I will never forget the concert Barry did at the Albert Hall in 1998 (or whenever it was - his first one for years and years). I was stunned that he didn't just do the long-lined romantic era stuff, but also The Persuaders, The Knack, The Ipcress File. Incredible night.

I didn't meet Basil Poledouris, but I did meet Michael Winner who I would go on to meet (well, see) a further three times in the space of about a fortnight, in completely random places. It was absolutely bizarre.