• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007 edited
    Just wanted some feedback on it. Not quite in the realm of film score, but whatever.

myspace
    Its the 'Clockwork' one. Thanks for listening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Link didn't work for me.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Should work now. Wyatt, you an also just copy a link in a message without the need to use the [url] tags. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thanks Bregt.

Wyatt, I like it. Reminds me of Shore's "Treebeard", with a hint of Elfman's "Planet of the apes".

Peter smile
  1. Wyatt, I enjoyed the whole structure of the piece: especially the middle section that started ~1:30. And after hearing this energetic portion it flowed quite well into the end section. It mirrored the beginning section (?) with the isolated rhythms. As a start to the piece though I personally thought that the choice of sounds was a bit harsh and it detracted from the actual rhythms you were laying out. Does that make sense?

Reminded me of something John Carpenter/Alan Howarth would put together.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    Thanks for fixing the link, Bregt.

Thanks for your comments, Peter, I'm happy to hear you liked it.

FalkirkBairn, first off, thanks for all the feedback. Your right, the end is supposed to bring back a familiar feeling from earlier. About the instruments at the beginning, the very beginning part was supposed to sound the way it did, kind of to give somewhat of an uncomfortable feeling, but a bit later on when all of the instuments join in at the beginning, I think I will change that part around so things won't sound so... overwhelming. Thanks again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007 edited
    I have to say i liked the piece a lot 'cause its concept (evolving around the clock and clockwork) is pretty tight, coherent and musically imaginative. Works perfectly. I also liked too, how it starts randomly and sparse and kicks into motion via driving rhythm and repeated motif from that point onwards. Good idea, would be good if you expanded a bit more though. Keep it up!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Thankyou very much, Demetris, really glad you recognized the theme of the whole thing. Yeah, I agree it could have been longer, I'm not planning on changing the length though. I'll keep that in mind for the next one.
    • CommentAuthorpmrsim
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    I preferred "Flutes" (which actually vaguely reminds me of Orbital/Paul Hartnoll).
    As for "Clockwork"... sorry it didn't quite do it for me.
  2. Wyatt wrote
    FalkirkBairn, first off, thanks for all the feedback. Your right, the end is supposed to bring back a familiar feeling from earlier. About the instruments at the beginning, the very beginning part was supposed to sound the way it did, kind of to give somewhat of an uncomfortable feeling, but a bit later on when all of the instuments join in at the beginning, I think I will change that part around so things won't sound so... overwhelming. Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the feedback in the way I had intended - constructive. It certainly was an uncomfortable listening experience! But reflecting on that aspect of the piece, having this section the way it was affected how the final section came across. By changing the first section may reduce the effect of the final section? I dunno...just thinking out loud.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008 edited
    Could anyone tell me how to host a song as a quicktime file? Like the ones on the "Guess the Score Game" thread, for example.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008 edited
    The files used for guess the score are just MP3 files, it's your computer that's opening it with QuickTime. wink

I think the Apple equivilent is just an M4U file. confused
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    Alright. Where are they being hosted?