• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012
    Martijn wrote
    Gooood.

For someone so evil he sure likes 'good' a lot.

good GOOOOOOD!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    samchn07 wrote
    I have recently seen a funny or comedy movie American Pie and really it was one of the best movie which I have seen till. I liked this movie very much. Really so funny r comedy movie. So I have decided to watch it's all other parts.

Banned for spam. So long fudger.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's been a bit of a plague recently, here and at the FSM board.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes. I don't really know how to stop it. To register, you need to enter a CAPTCHA and then activate your account via e-mail. I can do more, but then it might even get less user friendly...
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If it's easy enough to delete spam posts I wouldn't change anything Bregt, I suspect that like me the majority if not everyone here ignore these posts.
  1. Timmer wrote
    If it's easy enough to delete spam posts I wouldn't change anything Bregt, I suspect that like me the majority if not everyone here ignore these posts.

indeed Tim

I deleted already posts like this in the past couple of days, I'm sure the other mods do the very best they can as well

so leave it the way it is Bregt, spend time on other things instead wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Bregt wrote
    Yes. I don't really know how to stop it. To register, you need to enter a CAPTCHA and then activate your account via e-mail. I can do more, but then it might even get less user friendly...

Late reply, but you can do something that another site, I think Intrada does. when you try your password too many times, it adds a box and a question. It asks who composed the rejected score to "Torn Curtain", and then you have to type the answer.

Maybe something like that, only for registering.

Additionally, some sites disable certain features; no signature until you reach 50 posts or so, and no ability to post links until you reach a certain count, too.

Also, maybe new users can be blocked from starting new posts until they reach like five onboard posts.

And maybe a feature that limits how much text can be in your first five posts.

This, of course, all pending the board software capabilities.

And a new user could be required to send Bregt an e-mail detailing their love of scores, before posting (thereby no enabled account to spam with). No spammer could fake that kind of e-mail.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    The password is not a problem.

Starting a new thread cannot be done before having a few posts is a good idea. However, it doesn't limit them to register and post in other threads, and that'll probably leave a lot of ghost profiles around.

The best option is your last one, but that requires me to step in, and I'm not always there of course. I could handle it off to the mods, but that has the same problem.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll see if there's something I can do that doesn't require too much of my time.
    Kazoo