• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    And good taste for music obviously, in favor of the first wink

Hahaha! You are lucky Jordi will never, ever open this thread.

Ffffffffffffff...act!

I wouldn't count on it though? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    Not if you pm him you sneaky Briton.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Playing dirty is not allowed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not if you pm him you sneaky Briton.

Moi!?? Ne'er didst the thought cross mine mind devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
    Let's have at it again, eh? Grimsvötn, Iceland's big bad boy is currently presenting a nice spectacle...and should the winds turn to blow from the NW, Europe's gonna have the same circus like last year.

Can't wait... punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My dad was supposed to go to Iceland on Wednesday, but alas...

I hope it won't affect airspace over Norway, esp. with my Riga trip coming up shortly.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'd love to visit Iceland. There was a programme on TV the other day. It was about walking route and it looked stunning!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Much more stunning if you take your own tent and can make fires wink
  2. smile

I can't find any ferry routes from the UK to Iceland.

(I love travelling by boat.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...perhaps some willing cod fishermen? wink
  3. I'll wear my battleship grey outfit just to get that '70s vibe.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's the spirit biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    For fuck's sake! I had a flight booked for Aberdeen tomorrow which has been cancelled. I was in the exact same predicament last year. Feels like fucking deja vu.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011
    See?

And Alan, having been to Iceland myself: it's the most beautiful country I've ever visited. The rawness of the landscapes, the stark contrast and the wide open skies certainly left an impression on me. If you ever have the chance to go (esp. since Iceland's become a bit cheaper to travel to in recent years), then by all means to do!

CK
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm going to Iceland this year, for three weeks! What was your favourite spot Christian?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    *envy alert*

I definitely liked the Northeast the most, esp. the area around Mývatn (fresh lava fields and geothermal areas that steam and stink! biggrin ). The empty Highlands (Kjölur, Sprengisandur, Askja) I found utterly spellbinding. The rugged fjords in the East are also worth a visit. Landmannalaugar and its splendid array of colours...and the hike from there south over Eyjafjallajökull to Þórsmörk was a highlight of my life.

If you have a chance, take a bath in a hot spring. Very invigorating and good for your skin. spin

Did I say envy alert?

CK
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ChrK, just looked at your profile, where is the pic taken?

p.s. Hoping to get to Iceland myself this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This year!? In September??? punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's still a big "if" for me Bregt, but it would be funny if our trips coincided, I'd definitely make an effort to hook up somewhere along the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My dad is leaving for Iceland today (ash permitting), you guys are leaving later in the year. Whazzap with the Iceland obsession all of a sudden? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, pro's would meet pussies! (You being the pro wink )

We will drive around with two small Suzuki Jimny's. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A hike on a glacier... Awesome!

The highlands are central Iceland? I don't think we'll do that. How long where you there?

What about the Westfjords Christian?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011
    A bit late...

The Highlands are indeed in the centre of Iceland and were simply stunning. Our field trip back in 2005 lasted three weeks.

Haven't really been to the Westfjords...they are sparsely populated and from what I've heard/seen, they are not unlike the Norwegian fjords.

CK smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011 edited
    I'm able to pronounce!

Eyjafjatlajoutl!

I lost a tooth...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited
    Inside the Eyjafjallajökull:
    http://vimeo.com/40392583

If all goes well, in about 4 weeks, I'll be close to this place as well. We'll hike up the mountain pass between Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull. We spend a night in a hut there and explore the region a bit. The day after, we'll join hundreds of people to descend to the other side to Thorsmörk to celebrate Midsummernight (June 21) with a BBQ and roasted lamb. After that, we start the most well-known hiking route of Iceland: Laugavegur.

lick punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    Sounds brilliant, Bregt! How much planning does a trip like that require, and what is the cost, approximately?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited
    Not so much. We took two weeks off at the end of June to do the Laugavegurinn (4 days, 3 nights). All other days we would explore South-West Iceland. So that's what we'll do. By coincidence, in this two week period, there is the National Day of Iceland (17 June) and Midsummernight (21 June). I found out there was a yearly event in that weekend of several 100 of people hiking over the pass and celebrating at the other side. So I e-mailed the organization and asked if we could join. Paid for the hut for the extra night and the BBQ and that's about the only organization. wink

Hut and BBQ cost both around 20EUR. Flight was 250EUR. All the rest will be food, accommodation (hopefully lots of camping) and bus/ferry.

The idea is to visit the Westmann islands and Vik before we do the hike. The hike ends at the hot pool area of Landmannalaugar (a magical place we visited last year too).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool.

I want to go to Iceland too -- NOW!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Inside the Eyjafjallajökull:
    http://vimeo.com/40392583

If all goes well, in about 4 weeks, I'll be close to this place as well. We'll hike up the mountain pass between Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull. We spend a night in a hut there and explore the region a bit. The day after, we'll join hundreds of people to descend to the other side to Thorsmörk to celebrate Midsummernight (June 21) with a BBQ and roasted lamb. After that, we start the most well-known hiking route of Iceland: Laugavegur.

lick punk

It looks fantastic Bregt cool