• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010 edited
    During an insane buying spree
    Beginning from the year 2003
    Well unto the year 2008 or so
    I bought many cds from Intermezzo.
    And some from Saimel too.
    You get my drift now, don't you?

Alas, it's time for cutting down
    With recession in every town
    The spirit of bold exploring is no more
    Listening to music is sadly now a chore

I humbly offer this cd list of mine
    A private sale. Of condition fine
    The prices, I hope, are not daunting
    I spent much more. Discount I'm granting.

Paypal I'll accept and ship for free
    As long as I don't get charged a fee
    Anywhere, anyplace
    Sans jewel-case

http://bhelpuri.imgur.com/cd_sale

Here's the list in a readable format-
    John Scott: Ruby (10)
    Jorge Arriagada: Le Temps Retrouve (8)
    Trevor Jones: Dinotopia (9)
    Alexandre Azaria: Fanfan la Tulipe (14)
    Carlo Siliotto: Fluke (16)
    Rozsa/Herrmann (Gregg Nestor): You Must Remember This Too (12)
    Luis Bacalov: Marcinelle (15), Ilona Arriva con la Pioggia (10), Il Postino (10), Il Consiglio d'Egitto (10)
    Pino Donaggio: Scoop (20), Qualcuno in Ascolto (7)
    Carlo Crivelli: Affinita Elettive (10), Virginia la Monaca di Monza (17), Il Principe di Homburg (10)
    Fiorenzo Carpi: Film Music (20)
    Morricone/Nicolai: OK Connery (15)
    Eva Gancedo: Lagrimas Negras (12)
    Enrico Fabio Cortese: La Caccia (17)
    Pietro Cantarelli: Cielo e Terra (13)
    Stefano Caprioli/GIanni Mazza: Shoeshine (10)
    Stefano Caprioli: Cime Tempestose (13)
    Georges Auric: Film Music Vol Three (5), Film Music Vol Two (5)
    Alberto Caruso: Il Pranzo della Domenica (10), Ma Che Ci Faccio Qui (10)
    Stelvio Cipriani: Pianissimo (15)
    Daniele Cestana: La Vida es un Carnaval (17)
    Nicola Piovani: The Best of Nicola Piovani (20), La Tigre e la Neve (7), Good Morning Babilonia (20)
    Franco Piersanti: L'Amore Ritrovato (20), Corto Maltese (25), Il Grande Fausto (10), Le Chiavi di Casa [Keys of the House] (15)
    Riz Ortolani: The Best of Riz Ortolani (20), Ma Quando Arrivano Le Raggaze? (17)
    Andrea Guerra: La Leggenda di Al, John e Jack (15)
    Riccardo Giagni: L'ora di Religione (10)
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. I'm sure that there are some worthwhile titles in there. I'll need to hunt for some audioclips to help decide on any - at the moment it's just a case of deciding amongst the nice pictures!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. What a wonderful introduction punk to make me take a peek smile , only to find there's nothing that interests me. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Don't you find any interest in the unknown? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Too often have I been disappointed in that which I do not know.

Not to say there's nothing good in there. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Too often have I been disappointed in that which I do not know.

Sounds like a great opening line from a Shakespeare play.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...sounds far more Poe- etic to me! freezing

Fantastic intro, BhelPuri! And a great presentation of those CDs!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WOW! I actually own one of those, Luis Bacalov's MARCINELLE. shocked

It's good too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm sure that there are some worthwhile titles in there. I'll need to hunt for some audioclips to help decide on any - at the moment it's just a case of deciding amongst the nice pictures!

If you need a sample for anything specific, just ask. My fave out of those are the Bacalov. Ilona arriva con la Pioggia is gorgeous. I used a clip from it for one of the GTS 'water' games.

DreamTheater wrote
    What a wonderful introduction punk to make me take a peek smile , only to find there's nothing that interests me. sad

That's alright! I have many more to add to that list. Right now I'm only picking the Italian ones from each box.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Brilliant poem, BP! Wish I could help you out, but my finances aren't any better either. I do love them italians and spaniards though, and I couldn't help but drool upon seeing the pics.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I also loved your poem, Bp! smile
    I don't know those scores though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bhel, would you choose 3 of those for me? Your favourites or the ones you think I would like. smile

Surprise me and ... euhm let me know your price.
    (this sounds odd biggrin )
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Trust me Bregt, I think you'll love a lot of these scores. I wouldn't recommend Qualcuno in Ascolto though. Someone recommended that score to me about 2 years ago, describing it as an very tense orchestral score with a romantic side. Well, it turned out to be a weak score with a lot of dull and ugly music.

Who on earth would want to sell a score like Il Postino? I can't believe it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Martijn wrote
    ...sounds far more Poe- etic to me! freezing

Reading that again, you're absolutely right. It is very Poe. Wow!

Bregt,
    Just tell me which of those you're curious about.

Joep is right about Qualcuno in Ascolto. Aside from 1 great cue, it has a lot of tense/action stuff.

If you're not sure about a score, just ask me and I'll try to describe it or give a sample.

Donaggio's The Gamble is sold.

Joep wrote
    Who on earth would want to sell a score like Il Postino? I can't believe it!

I'd like to shrink the collection from about 1500 to 200. Gotta take tough decisions to recover some $$. At some point I'll be selling my Morricone scores too.

Do you folks think that my listed prices are high? I tried to search my emails for the orders placed and cut some $$ from what I paid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited
    Added more cds to the list. And also reduced the prices for some.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    I'd like to shrink the collection from about 1500 to 200. Gotta take tough decisions to recover some $$. At some point I'll be selling my Morricone scores too.

Interestingly, I'm doing much the same thing, which is why I'm going to have a massive collection clean-out thread when I get my laptop back from repairs again in a couple of weeks. Hope there's room enough for the both of us! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Should Bregt up the bandwidth guys? We wouldn't want MT to go down because he didn't prepare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010
    I just want to see them start competing and dropping their prices! biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hela.

I want these scores. You don't mess with God. angry

BhelPuri wrote
    Bregt,
    Just tell me which of those you're curious about.

I really have no idea Bhel. dizzy What are your favourites among these?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    biggrin

Ok. I'll pick some of my faves. But first let me add some more.
    I'll add the following when I get home

John Scott (Ruby)
    Alexandre Azaria (Fanfan la Tulipe)
    Carlo Siliotto (Fluke)
    Christopher Gunning (Big Battalions)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote

I have a short suite of this one, and it's wonderful music.

Perhaps one to send to Bregt, eh?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010
    plindboe wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

I have a short suite of this one, and it's wonderful music.

Perhaps one to send to Bregt, eh?

Peter smile

That's a nice score indeed. Didn't know there was a compilation featuring it. Which one?

I updated the first post with more stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010 edited
    Fanfan la Tulipe would be good for me!

You Must Remember This Too I have. Il Postino I don't need as that one is easily available I think. I don't think I want anything by Carlo Siliotto again either.

Is the compilation of Piovani something interesting? Also, any highly religious score with lots of cool choir?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    That's a nice score indeed. Didn't know there was a compilation featuring it. Which one?

It's a homemade compilation I got from another guy, so nothing official. The suite I have is only 6 minutes or something, but it has some great moments. I wonder if the entire album is great like that, or whether it just has a few great moments?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    plindboe wrote
    It's a homemade compilation I got from another guy, so nothing official. The suite I have is only 6 minutes or something, but it has some great moments. I wonder if the entire album is great like that, or whether it just has a few great moments?

Peter smile

Ah, cool! It's a nice album. But I felt it overstayed its welcome.

Bregt wrote
    . I don't think I want anything by Carlo Siliotto again either.

Is the compilation of Piovani something interesting? Also, any highly religious score with lots of cool choir?

Sorry for not replying to this earlier. Too much stuff at school.
    Hey, what's up with the Siliotto abandonment? Been burnt by one of his previous scores?
    Fluke is a nice, emotional score btw.

I don't remember how the Piovani compilation sounds. I'll listen to it this weekend and let you know.
    Religious chorals? Perhaps there is some of that in the Ortolani compilation. Let me check.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010
    Well, it took a long time to get back to this. I didn't really want to foist scores that would be tough listens on you folks. So I've been selling some of these on ebay. Most of the obscure ones went for nearly half of what I've paid. But as long as I get rid of them and something for it, I'm happy.

BTW here's my ebay link for those who might be interested. Some auctions end tomorrow.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbpscoresQQhtZ-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    Well, it took a long time to get back to this. I didn't really want to foist scores that would be tough listens on you folks. So I've been selling some of these on ebay. Most of the obscure ones went for nearly half of what I've paid. But as long as I get rid of them and something for it, I'm happy.

BTW here's my ebay link for those who might be interested. Some auctions end tomorrow.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbpscoresQQhtZ-1

I know what you mean. Many of the CD's that I am currently selling myself go for at LEAST 1/3 of what I paid for it, sometimes even less. That's the name of the game.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    Some more cds listed and ending soon-
    http://imgur.com/v9umI.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    Thor wrote
    I know what you mean. Many of the CD's that I am currently selling myself go for at LEAST 1/3 of what I paid for it, sometimes even less. That's the name of the game.

Indeed. This is actually a great time to be buying cds since everyone is selling. I couldn't believe that my copy of Delerue's Curly Sue went for only $11 and Goldsmith's Night Crossing (old edition. Not expanded) for $16. Grrrr! angry

Atleast on the flip side, I'm happy that I managed to get Obssession (Herrmann) and Comte de Monte Cristo (Coulais) for decent prices.