• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010
    To open this new thread I'm going to spin Raiders of the Lost Ark while doin' some BBQin'!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm back to The Secret in Their Eyes.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. NP: Fringe - Season 1 - J.J. Abrams / Michael Giacchino / Chad Seiter / Chris Tilton

First listen. Really enjoying the majority of this one: particularly when it gets into the rhythmic groove (which there is a lot of). All three composers of the programme music show their talents off well and it's topped off by one of Abrams' most enjoyable themes!

I've been looking forward to this one for a while and, for once, it delivers against expectations!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited
    Agreed, the main title is sooo catchy!

Chad's stuff is the most interesting and varied, and Chris' really sets the sound of the show in stone and is what I remember when I think of "Fringe music!" (cello = awesome)

The soundtrack has really good selections and I don't think there's a cue on there that I'd skip. A really enjoyable listen which I would happily give 4 out of 5.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Michael Kamen

One of the greats! Brilliant main theme, gorgeous, lyrical love theme, thunderous action... this score needs a remaster and expansion!

-Erik-

I haven't listened to it in ages... my brother has the CD but I wouldn't mind it being re-released in the form you describe. But the Bryan Adams song I have heard a little too much now, so they can definitely leave that out.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - John Williams

Williams does what he does best for a sequel, improve the existing themes, write new ones that are equally great. I don't think I've ever enjoyed John's second entry as much as right now. After Williams went AWOL on the series I just didn't care anymore for the films and scores, it could never be as good as what Williams did musically. He topped them all with Azkaban though. Still, this is a really good entry and the new themes remain a joy to listen to.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Fringe - Season 1 - J.J. Abrams / Michael Giacchino / Chad Seiter / Chris Tilton

it's topped off by one of Abrams' most enjoyable themes!

In S02E16's main titles there's a supercool 80´s version of the theme.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Marselus wrote

Now you come to mention this, yes there is!!

Fringe titles 1985
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

Oh God, can't wait for this!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I'd like to hear this too! That theme is very catchy aand with a title sequence that's a throwback to the 1960's-70's.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

Fringe titles 1985

I added a link to the 1985 version above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I'd like to hear this too! That theme is very catchy aand with a title sequence that's a throwback to the 1960's-70's.

Your wish is my command
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    shocked

Telepathy!
  4. Anyone else want to add a link?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone else want to add a link?

Sure.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No thanks, I'll wait until I get to the episode. wink

Is that Jacksonville by any chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    No thanks, I'll wait until I get to the episode. wink

You do well. Actually I shouldn´t have said it. It's better if it's a surprise slant

Anthony wrote
    Is that Jacksonville by any chance?

It' s S02E16, "Peter". Splendid episode by the way.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Intriguing, don't say more, but from the information we've been given so far I'm guessing Peter died at a young age and Walter brought the Peter we know from an alt reality...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yeah....intriguing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I haven't watched a single episode of Fringe yet, but there's a dude named Walter who brings people from alternate realities? Seriously? Is this a TV adaption of The Dark Tower series?? tongue
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Nate and Hayes - Trevor Jones
    Better than I expected. A lot of filler and slightly suboptimal sound quality, but the main theme is lots of fun!
  5. Brian Tyler - Eagle Eye

Along with Bangkok Dangerous and Killing Room my favorite Brian Tyler score. Great relentless, if somewhat RC, action score. The theme is great.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote
    I haven't watched a single episode of Fringe yet, but there's a dude named Walter who brings people from alternate realities? Seriously? Is this a TV adaption of The Dark Tower series?? tongue

Never thought it this way shocked Stephen King should demand his piece of the cake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Agreed, the main title is sooo catchy!

Chad's stuff is the most interesting and varied, and Chris' really sets the sound of the show in stone and is what I remember when I think of "Fringe music!" (cello = awesome)

Agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Brian Tyler - Eagle Eye

Along with Bangkok Dangerous and Killing Room my favorite Brian Tyler score. Great relentless, if somewhat RC, action score. The theme is great.

This is probably my 3rd favorite Tyler score behind Partition and Rambo. I like it when he goes quasi-ethnic.
  6. I am not a fan of Partition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am not a fan of Partition.

Inevitably I must ask, why not?
  7. Too slow, as per usual with Tyler I have issues with his originality. I heard it once and to be honest, I don't feel like returning to it. It had a nice theme or two though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    It is slow, and it is unoriginal. Really you could sum up the whole score with tracks, 1, 2, 3 and 26. Just listening to those tracks you won't have missed anything. I just have a special place in my heart for what you call the "nice theme or two". For some reason they struck, and still strike me as being absolutely gorgeous. It creates the same feelings as a piece like "Across the Stars", if you are fortunate enough to be able to listen to the latter without being reminded of the awful film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Too slow, as per usual with Tyler I have issues with his originality. I heard it once and to be honest, I don't feel like returning to it. It had a nice theme or two though.

It has bland orchestrations, it's far too long, and very repetitive. even the main theme is the love theme from Mask of the Zorro.

I'm not fan of partition either.

NP:Transformers Complete + unused cues (jablonsky)

The Rock or the Armaggedon of the new generation.

Addictive main themes, and impressive sound design. The people who attacks this score, are extremely unfair.

PS: No James, Clash of the titans is not better than transformers. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from it!