• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    NP: a recorded cd to listen while I'm driving. (but I'm not drving right now tongue )

"African Rundown"
    "Blunt instrument"
    "Miami international"
    "to the roof"
    "Bim Bam smash"
    "backseat driver"
    "Mona Lisa Overdrive"
    "Cameroon border post"
    "hoist the colours suite"
    "asteroid field"
    "Hunting for jules"
    "Home flight" from Rambo
    "Scorponok"
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: a recorded cd to listen while I'm driving.
    insert list of crazy adrenaline fueled music here

At the present moment I am quite glad that I live on a different continent. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Angels and Demons ~ Hans Zimmer

punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Scribe wrote
    Nautilus wrote

At the present moment I am quite glad that I live on a different continent. smile

biggrin

Tell this to the old woman I smashed yesterday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Scribe wrote
    unless you were from, say, Zaire or Papau New Guinea

Ha! Zaire does not exist anymore. It was called Congo again after Mobutu died. wink tongue

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY | danny elfman

Those songs certainly cover a lot of the fun of this score. Rocking and poppy in a very enjoyable way, mixed into the themes and sound of the score. The End Credits suite at the end is really fun!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Nautilus wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Nautilus wrote

biggrin

shocked I honestly am not sure whether you are serious or not. But I am scared either way! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Bregt wrote
    Scribe wrote
    unless you were from, say, Zaire or Papau New Guinea

Ha! Zaire does not exist anymore. It was called Congo again after Mobutu died. wink tongue

Ah! So that's why I didn't see them in the parade of nations in Beijing. Learn something new every day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It was Belgium's only colony, but lets say our actions there was not really something to be proud of. They celebrate 50 years of independence this year.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    The Wolfman - Danny Elfman et al
    So glad this score ended up getting used and released.
    "The Travelling Montage" FTW! beer

It's an absolutely mindblowing epic score, i just love every note of it; and Elfman's output from 2008 onwards has been generally great.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote
    The Wolfman - Danny Elfman et al
    So glad this score ended up getting used and released.
    "The Travelling Montage" FTW! beer

It's an absolutely mindblowing epic score, i just love every note of it; and Elfman's output from 2008 onwards has been generally great.

ñiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ñooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ñuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin tongue rolleyes
  1. NP: RoboCop - Basil Poledouris

Really enjoying hearing this again. Great themes, great action scoring and some really emotional stuff. One of the landmark scores of my collection.

But it's not a completely unqualified success this new release. There's some great teasing out of the electronic elements of the score and there's some improved definition of some of the more subtle orchestrations, but Intrada's ability to go back to the original elements and "tweak" the levels has taken the edge off things.

And that's probably down to me being familiar with the original releases. The sound levels seems to be slightly down on the previous Varese releases and so things are a bit quieter, some of the percussion hits seem to have been toned down also - something that disappoints me somewhat because I love those. And they've also tagged on some of the ad music onto the end of the score tracks:which spoils the feel of some of the tracks (particularly at the end of "Force Shoots Robo" with the ad music for the 6000 SUX).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote

And they've also tagged on some of the ad music onto the end of the score tracks:which spoils the feel of some of the tracks (particularly at the end of "Force Shoots Robo" with the ad music for the 6000 SUX).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Nautilus wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Nautilus wrote

biggrin

On second thought many hours later...I suppose there are far worse ways to die than falling victim to an outburst of film-music-inspired road rage! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP Lethal Weapon Trilogy - Michael Kamen

Combining music from the Complete score to Lethal Weapon and its two sequels makes for a great listen. We need an expanded/complete release of all of the score to the LW movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010 edited
    NP:Nightmare on Elm Street (Jablonsky)

Broken arrow + Drag me to hell + The ring - talent dizzy dizzy dizzy

It's a clear improvement over Jablonsky's previous horror scores (wich is not say very much), and it has some decents tracks (" Like it used to be"), but the feeling you have after listening this score is a composer who doesn't know how create horror music.

I want transformers 2 complete score!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Nightmare on Elm Street (Jablonsky)

I'm sure the score as a whole is rather mediocre, even for one such as me who harbors an irrational love for the works of RC composers.

However, in this case...

children's choir = buy.
  3. LSH wrote
    NP: ANGELS IN AMERICA - Thomas Newman

Fantastic. cool

His magnum opus, no doubt. smile
  4. Deep Impact - James Horner

I'm only a few tracks in this, but so far it's yet another score that gets less attention than it deserves. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    LSH wrote

Fantastic. cool

Above Shawshank Redemption? Arguable, but it is a fantastic album.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    The Wolfman - Danny Elfman

So painfully repetitive with an admittedly excellent theme getting a continual workout in cue after cue. Probably the least interesting Elfman score since Milk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    David - What are you smoking? First you poop all over Christopher Gordon now THIS? Wow!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Erik, I actually don't mind The Wolfman at all. I just think it overstays its welcome and considering the extraordinarily high quality of output from Elfman over the past 2 or 3 years, to say something is one of his weaker efforts is not necessarily the insult it may initially appear to be.

As for Christopher Gordon, I hope I got across the fact that I do believe the guy is nothing less than a fine composer in his own right. I just think that in direct proportion to the praise he gets both here and at FSM I think he's overrated. I didn't poop all over him at all.......................ok, there for a minute it might have seemed like that!! shame But I really wasn't!

Now onto.........Moon - Clint Mansell.
    I refuse to bag this score. It is really, really good!! smile Unbelievably good film too, one of the best of last year.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Scribe wrote

David, based on your comments I am going to presume that you also prefer 80s Williams to 2000s Williams. If
    you disagree then I have misjudged you and I apologize. smile
    :

Actually Matt, I prefer mostly 70's Williams - Close Encounters and The Fury for example would round out my top three favourites alongside Raiders. I love dissonant, challenging music with unconventional sounds and approaches, I just don't think there's much of that in those 2 horror scores by Gordon. Daybreakers' main ideas just don't have much of a hook to them and come across as fairly generic. The 2 pieces that begin with the percussive assaults are daring enough but I think there's a lot of filler on that album - music that may work wonders in context but has little value outside the film.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Christodoulides wrote
    And how does it happen that you being Australian renders your opinion on Gordon more objective than others?

Demetis, you're right, that was stupid of me, don't know why I said that. Of little relevance at all.
    I have nothing in the way of a plausible defence.................................other than the fact that I'm an Australian. wink

But really mate, Gordon's "one of the few who can actually write and compose music in the proper way".........................now that's a pretty broad generalisation if ever I've heard one!! smile

"In the proper way" could mean just about anything according to the dozens and dozens of variables that come into play for each individual listener when listening to any piece of music.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    LSH wrote

Fantastic. cool

Above Shawshank Redemption? Arguable, but it is a fantastic album.

The choir tips it for me. Shawshank is earthy and lovely, but Angels is almost literally on a whole new level.
  6. David OC wrote
    The Wolfman - Danny Elfman

So painfully repetitive with an admittedly excellent theme getting a continual workout in cue after cue. Probably the least interesting Elfman score since Milk.

I can't comment on MILK since I haven't heard it, but I agree with you totally about WOLFMAN. I love the material in the first track, but can hardly tell one track from another. It's all good taken in pieces, but monotonous as an album. IMO.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David OC wrote
    Now onto.........Moon - Clint Mansell.
    I refuse to bag this score. It is really, really good!! smile Unbelievably good film too, one of the best of last year.

Why bag it? The score is fantastic, works wonders in the film too, like every Mansell score smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    I want transformers 2 complete score!!!!

But why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'Cause it's a good score and an enjoyable one? wink But yeah, i can't understand the craze with completes; there's already a very good amount of music available for the transformers' scores, i can't listen to an entire tsf album at once for instance.