• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Steven wrote
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut Trey Parker & Marc Shaiman

My favourite musical. biggrin punk

My second favorite musical... just beneath Singin' in the Rain!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    biggrin

Good man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: V for Vendetta ~ Dario Marianelli

Totaly atmospheric!

Yay! A V fan. cheesy Great score.

Just two words: Evey Reborn.

V for Vendetta, the movie is awesome too. I really should listen to the score away from it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: V for Vendetta ~ Dario Marianelli

Totaly atmospheric!

Excellent film and a great score !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Rugby World Cup Christopher Gordon

One of my favourite themes.... ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Rugby World Cup Christopher Gordon

One of my favourite themes.... ever!

Ditto!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Independence Day David Arnold

'End Titles' from this film is the best thing Arnold has ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Independence Day David Arnold

'End Titles' from this film is the best thing Arnold has ever written.

Double Ditto!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/t … and-jusid/

It includes one track to listen to.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Three words...

WEST SIDE STORY

End of.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    pretty good work from LB
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    Talking about batman begins...

NP:Batman Begins.

I was dissapointed. and I think everybody was dissapointed by this score.

I don't think it''s complex or "worked" enough to justify 2 GREAt composers like this.

So, if you think it's New Line's Batman begins and it's composed by Grame Revell (just he can't music like that) you can enjoy a lot of music from the album:

Espicius , Barbarstella and lasirius are touching.

Talarida (I love wayne's theme with this vocals) and Artibeus are creepy and dark enough.

Molossus is exiting.

and of course, "The End Credits" the only way you can hear the rendition of Bruce Wayne and batman's theme.

I would've also liked to have the Train Fight cue on the album.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    keky wrote
    Daylight - Randy Edelman

My second favourite Edelman score after Dragonheart. Highly melodic themes, both the action and the lyrical part of the score. A very good one!

I was listening to "Latura's Theme" the other day - one of my favourite themes.

I agree with both comments above. Edelman has a knack for melody and he proved it again in his most recent Leap Year. I also love the third cue from Daylight, "Searching for a miracle" with the crystalline guitar sounds. The drum machine does sound a bit dated already.

NP True Confessions Delerue

It's about time that Varèse or anyone else dig out more Delerues from the vaults!
    Georges really deserved getting an Oscar but got it for the wrong movie. True Confessions would have been one of the scores I would have chosen to represent his amazing talent.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Three words...

WEST SIDE STORY

End of.

Three more words.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

No End of Laughter.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. NP: Spanglish (Zimmer)

I count it as one of Zimmer's very best albums. A delight.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    franz_conrad wrote

Three more words.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

No End of Laughter.

That bad huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OMG, look at how I've written the score's title...

Not editing it so the world sees I am not too smart lol

Total Recal? Sounds like a new diet fad. biggrin wink

lol applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The fan (Zimmer)

A really underrated and forgotten Zimmer score.

A experimental electronic dissonance. Hannibal and Batman Begins has his origins in that score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Golden Compass ~ Alexandre Desplat

I'm listening to the audio book these days and I remembered the wonderful score Desplat has written for it.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Rambo (Goldsmith)

Oh God....I love the theme for first bloood sequel! it's so damn heroic!

punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Film Music of Dmitri Shostakovich Vol. 2 - Dmitri Shostakovich
    The BBC Philharmonic conducted by Vassily Sinaisky

I didn't really notice the opening The Golden Mountains suite but once Gadfly began I had to give it my undivided attention. A melo-dramatic, aggressive, passionate, heart wrenching, and deeply emotional score. Delicious themes and stunning string writing. And this is my very first taste of the famous "Romance" cue. That track was instantly put in "My Favorites" playlist. Brilliant string writing with rolling percussion.

A few tracks later we get the showstopper "Scene. Moderato." This is the way I like my film music. Full bodied and larger than life! What a huge sound Sinaisky got out of the BBC Philharmonic!

And "The Finale" All I can say is WOW! Blew me away! A strong march with a reprise of the theme from the Overture! From start to finished... this 45 minute suite is worth the price of this album! And the sound quality is an audiophile's wet dream. Stephen Rinker's recording is splendid.

I know that Alexander Nevsky has received classic status and is one of the most influential film scores of all time but I find myself getting more out of Gadfly, emotionally, than I do from Alexander Nevsky. Gadfly, at least to me, is one of the best film scores ever composed! Superb music!

Highly recommended!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Life as a House - Mark Isham

I want to like this score. It's soothing stuff. Soft orchestral passages in between smooth synth pads with twinkling pianos and harps and woodwinds. I'm afraid that it'll make me sleepy at work. Good length though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote

punk punk

Are you listening to the first movie or Rambo II?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

punk punk

Rambo II doesn't exist. It is Rambo. First Blood part 2

This makes me think Why they called Rambo III or Alien 3. It Actually had to be named Rambo II or Alien 2 (because there is only one Alien, the other one was Aliens ) dizzy dizzy dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Film Music of Dmitri Shostakovich Vol. 2 - Dmitri Shostakovich

I didn't really notice the opening The Golden Mountains suite but once Gadfly began I had to give it my undivided attention. A melo-dramatic, aggressive, passionate, heart wrenching, and deeply emotional score. Delicious themes and stunning string writing. And this is my very first taste of the famous "Romance" cue. That track was instantly put in "My Favorites" playlist. Brilliant string writing with rolling percussion.

A few tracks later we get the showstopper "Scene. Moderato." This is the way I like my film music. Full bodied and larger than life! What a huge sound Sinaisky got out of the BBC Philharmonic!

And "The Finale" All I can say is WOW! Blew me away! A strong march with a reprise of the theme from the Overture! From start to finished... this 45 minute suite is worth the price of this album! And the sound quality is an audiophile's wet dream. Stephen Rinker's recording is splendid.

I know that Alexander Nevsky has received classic status and is one of the most influential film scores of all time but I find myself getting more out of Gadfly, emotionally, than I do from Alexander Nevsky. Gadfly, at least to me, is one of the best film scores ever composed! Superb music!

Highly recommended!

-Erik-

It's a great score.

Are you familiar with any of Shostakovitch's concert works Erik? The man has been a great influence on film music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Unfortunately, the only classical of his that I have are his 5th and 9th Symphonies. Recommendations?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Highest on my recommendation would be Symphony # 7 'The Leningrad', play it loud as, then report back here to show me you survived....an AWESOME work.

Symphony # 11 is another favourite and very film music like, I often hear clips of this used in documentaries, particularly for scenes in the vastness of outer space or the tragedy of war.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks Timmer!

beer

NP: The Film Music of Dmitri Shostakovich Vol 3 - Dmitri Shostakovich

I'm currently spinning the Hamlet suite! Amazing!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

punk punk

Rambo II doesn't exist. It is Rambo. First Blood part 2

This makes me think Why they called Rambo III or Alien 3. It Actually had to be named Rambo II or Alien 2 (because there is only one Alien, the other one was Aliens ) dizzy dizzy dizzy

Okay, so were you listening to Rambo, or First Blood Part 2?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Raiders of the Lost Ark + Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - John Williams (New Digital Recordings)

These need no introduction !
    Fantastic stuff all the way !
    The previously unreleased tracks are FAB !
    An Indy fans wet dream come true this boxset is , yeeeesss ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"