• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    I'm still on the halfway of the album but the track length doesn't bother me yet... and 24 tracks aren't "many" and a 47sec. track isn't "short" for me. (compared to some animation score albums! wink)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INDEPENDENCE DAY - David Arnold

I thought I'd give this another try and already I'm itching to press 'stop' and play something else, I'm sorry, I just don't like this, far too OTT on the syrup for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    NP: Amazing Grace - David Arnold

First listen and I like it!

I really like this score and I far FAR prefer it to what I'm about to stop playing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Oh, I consider every track short under 2 minutes.
    To tell you the truth I much preferred the good old days when the soundtrack albums consisted of 8-10 longer tracks. They made a much more enjoyable listening experience.

^
    answer to Miya
  1. I've discovered my 'now playing' posts don't gather the comments they used to...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Timmer wrote

I thought I'd give this another try and already I'm itching to press 'stop' and play something else, I'm sorry, I just don't like this, far too OTT on the syrup for me.

Finally someone who doesn't like this score either! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Timmer wrote

CRIPES! shocked I would have put money on it that I was a lone voice on this opinion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Marnie (Herrmann)

Sometimes Herrmann feels irritatingly over-the-top and unsubtle. Today, he's devastatingly romantic.

Franzy baby, like we'd ignore your posts wink

and this one did make me smile biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Timmer wrote
    keky wrote
    Timmer wrote

CRIPES! shocked I would have put money on it that I was a lone voice on this opinion.

No. This score just leaves me completely cold. I was struggling to find some good melodies in it but after a while I gave up.
  2. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    keky wrote
    I was struggling to find some good melodies in it but after a while I gave up.

Jesus fucking christ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    keky wrote
    I was struggling to find some good melodies in it but after a while I gave up.

Jesus fucking christ....

shocked
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I know it's your favourite Steven but it just doesn't do anything for me. If it's action music I much prefer Horner's or Williams' style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fair enough if it doesn't do anything for you, that's not what I'm shocked about. Not being able to find any good melodies... that's just insane.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Fair enough if it doesn't do anything for you, that's not what I'm shocked about. Not being able to find any good melodies... that's just insane.

The key word being good melodies, obviously it's a personal thing but I don't enjoy any of the melodies in this score.

Nothing insane about that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STARSHIP TROOPERS - Basil Poledouris

Now this is my kind of OTT punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

The key word being good melodies, obviously it's a personal thing but I don't enjoy any of the melodies in this score.

You're both insane!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, he's not:
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STARSHIP TROOPERS - Basil Poledouris
    Now this is my kind of OTT punk cool

Q.E.D.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Quantum electrodynamics? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're a very strange boy.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

You're both insane!

yeah and lol

No point in arguing about musical tastes. But still... STARK RAVING MAD !!!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh dear, two people don't like Independence Day....it must be the end of the world rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WHERE EAGLES DARE - Ron Goodwin

Fantastic, manly man with knobs on score punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Oh dear, two people don't like Independence Day....it must be the end of the world rolleyes

It CAN be, when you like Mike Oldfield instead. tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Bah! Go oil a duduk tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Timmer wrote

Seeing two reside on this board, I'm expecting it to be a whole lot more than two in the world. Unthinkable really ! shocked

tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Bah! Go oil a duduk tongue

biggrin

Fudge off mate. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Timmer wrote

Make that three.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah, but you don't count, Justin.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!